#2 in Mythical Creature Series Perth Mint

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Jan 5, 2018.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Here is the Phoenix. 1000 mintage. 2 oz. #1, the Dragon did quite well. Let's see how #2 does in this atrocious market for metals. ;) I did buy a few. I happen to like this series. Oh, and this isn't Bitcoin or Cryptos in case anyone is wondering. :eek:

http://talismancoins.com/products/65106?

Attached Files:

redhawk5796 likes this.
  2. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Nice design. It reminds me of the Australian pattern design (swan) for some reason

3. Silverdale

Silverdale Active Member

How do you put it in your crypto wallet then?
    Not sure I like the design might grow on me
    With only 1000 I probably won't have to worry about it :)

4. barsenault

silverdale, I agree. I think for a Perth Mint coin, it's a low enough mintage that there is a floor? But you never know. Plus, it is a popular Phoenix, which the Chinese love, and I believe the Chinese like the Perth Mint, so who knows. I put my chips on the table. :D May buy 1 or 2 more for a long term hold. The dragon is commanding a nice price on eBay, BUT, 1st in the series, and it is a dragon. :) I'm actually surprised that anyone even responded to this thread. I thought the whole community went chasing after the pot of gold at the end of the crypto rainbow?

5. Silverdale

Silverdale Active Member

I think you will definitely win on this coin due to mintage and like you say if the series is popular it will help .
    I'm still deciding on cryptos but I love a good panda I can hold.
    Recently I got a 90mm brass panda absolutely love it but normally I like silver.
    I see your in the USA do pandas and silver sell well or have cryptos hit hard?

6. barsenault

I agree with you. I bought the dragons of this series, and it has done quite well. I like the designs, and that they are from the Perth Mint, and relatively low mintage for a Perth coin. There’s just too many pandas being produced by every Tom, Dick, and Harry from China. It’s killing the market, sadly. I’ve turned away from these privately minted pieces. I will only buy ‘legit’ show medals (i.e. ANA, Beijing) that have a mintage of 2k or lower. They have a story, they have to go to an approval process. And there are typically just one entity selling their panda at these shows.

These manufactured extremely low mintage Pandas produced in china, they’ve seen their day. I’ll buy in once some of these dealers go belly up and stop producing them. But these Perth Mint coins, I’ll definitely roll the dice on them. They have the marketing wherewithal and prowess to get their goods out to as many people as possible around the world. Here’s to hoping.

7. Silverdale

Silverdale Active Member

I to am a real fan of the perth mint lunars they just look great and really pop out from the coin.
    There does seem.to be a huge amount of pandas I to like expo and anniversary pandas and the 1oz 10y coin series from ,1989 till now

8. barsenault

I agree. WAAAAAAY too many Pandas of all kinds. I think eventually they'll have one with a couple of them pooping. I mean, it's absurd, and a turn off. I'd much rather get something unique and different and from a different mint. I don't think these will be as good as the dragons, but they are nice. plus the market is not what it used to be because of the crypto craze. Heck, even Ansille bullion stopped posting because they got tired of metals, and are now all in with cryptos...or mostly...or whatever.

9. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

OMG I really love it! This series is incredible, don't you agree? :)

10. barsenault

Amen. I love it too. And I have a feeling it is a sleeper. I think it will looks much better in hand.