1995 ST-SD PCGS label getting confused with true microdate NGC label

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Unasf, May 30, 2012.

1. Unasf

Unasf New Member

The PCGS 1995 Small twig - Small date label actually contains the same type of coin in
    the NGC 1995 Small twig - Large date label, and this has confused a lot of buyers into
    paying unbelievable prices for the PCGS 'mislabel'.

I myself almost thought I am going to get a 1995 micro date in PCGS package for a
    bargain on Ebay, but the PCGS 1995 st-sd actually does not contain a microdate.

Look at these diversifying investors getting fleeced by the confusing PCGS label,
    $1024 for a 31k mintage coin worth less than $200!

Bids Price Date Label
    15 Sold 155.00 29 Jan 2012 China 1995 10 Yn Silver Panda Small Twig Small Date PCGS MS-67
    http://www.greatcollections.com/Coi...Silver-Panda-Small-Twig-Small-Date-PCGS-MS-67

24 Sold 411.00 12 Feb 2012 China 1995 10 Yn Silver Panda Small Twig Small Date PCGS MS-68
    http://www.greatcollections.com/Coi...Silver-Panda-Small-Twig-Small-Date-PCGS-MS-68

67 Sold 1024.00 26 Feb 2012 China 1995 S10Y Silver Panda Small Twig Small Date PCGS MS-69
    http://www.greatcollections.com/Coi...Silver-Panda-Small-Twig-Small-Date-PCGS-MS-69

2. tamo42

tamo42 New Member

Yep, uneducated buyers are their own worst enemies.

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

67 bids too...

So more than 1 uninformed buyer :/

4. low

low New Member

Some sellers deliberately list the mis-labelled coins to fool the buyer.

Varieties is a game one really have to spend time learning before throwing away the money.

5. low

low New Member

I made the mistake once. Thanks to that seller who I am very sure know what he is doing in misleading new buyer.

You really can't blame the uneducated buyer. We all started somewhere.

6. low

low New Member

Very sad.

Fishball, do you know now I really appreciate your Fishball Index more than ever, after all this varieties talk. For beginner, going for the most common of the most common variety is very important for the start until one learn the ins and outs of the varieties. It is sure good to have the rare variety but until one learn the ropes, don't touch the varieties!

7. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

Thats why this board is a great resource, there are a lot of folks willing to help ,more than once I have posted a picture of a coin I was not sure about ,or wanted to verify my conclusion,s and within minutes of posting ,several members jump in and help out, THANKS EVERYONE...... if someone is not sure about a coin ,it is always good to ask here...............

8. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

My theory is always get the rarities first. These are in theory never going to be cheaper than now, both in price and in inflated dollars. In saying that I don't think I have done overly well in some choices. Yet in others I have done very well.