$1250 and rising...

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Eureka Moments, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I cant believe you people are so gullible to accept the job figures and the kool aid from the mainstream media.

IBM slashed 25% of its work force 100,000 jobs gone
    These are high paying jobs not the burger flipping ones they create

Gallop Head says 5.6% unemployment is BS - shocked ??? haha

Oil junk bond crisis looms

China is crashing

Last week India and Australia cut rates, The week before Canada, Singapore devalues and cut rates but the US will increase rates :D

Caterpillar has a terrible last 1/4 and have had 26 months of declining revenue

then from our mainstream -Lowest weekly Jobless claim since April 2000 (highest peak in the work economy) ?? - sure I believe it

All the manufacturing data is in the toilet

Baltic Dry is well below 2008 levels at 1986 all time lows

The Europeans are about to give the US the finger and all is great

This does not stack up and if you believe all is well with the USA and the US$ I have a farm in the Sydney CBD to sell you....

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

The world is screwed.. america is losing jobs by the ton.. stats prove what you want them too.. truth is number of people without a private sector job is increasing by the second.. standard of living is being eroded.. Importing fast moving consumer goods from Asia is the only deflationary factor keeping the illusion from being a Toto curtain pull away from plain site.

The mining and logging industry lost 3,000 jobs in January, one of the only sectors of the U.S. economy to cut payrolls last month.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015...-the-surprisingly-resilient-u-s-oil-industry/

JC may save your soul but the US economy is beyond a savour

1for1

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Agree with you about Physical gold getting scary to hold as its quite high.. but junior mining stocks (and commodities in general) are so depressed if this keeps up whole sectors will be out of business.. so tend to think they are as depressed as they can get.. before participants start exciting the market (this will reduce supply and cause a price spike eventually assumming the sector is not oversupplied)

The Low AUD$ is now a risk to us as its push up prices in our country.. so i defo see you point. Other than stocks i dont see something more depressed though as inflation floats all boats (resources) .. lol.. real estate? bank stocks? foreign currencies?

No base metals, soft commodites.. basically the materials sectors is the undervalued and heavily depressed sector.. so ill go aluminium, copper, ore, silver -- and gold (as its STOCKS are mad core close to 10% from there highs!)

4. trader10

trader10 Member

I'm happy holding my position and accumulating more when opportunity appears....

BDI - Baltic Dry Index at the lowest point, EUROPE EURO exits.... Greece, Spain, Portugal, how many more will go? China's data not flash, AU has cut interest rates and REPATRIATION is the name of the game.....

This is a perfect storm for gold IMHO.... just have to sit and wait....

cheers

5. trader10

trader10 Member

All the best success on your new venture mate ! Go hard ! :)

6. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Agreed... thinking that china is like sloth from the goonies.. holding the rock up (the US$) so the kids can escape.. kids being non-reserve bank countries still resisting private currency issue by proxy to there incremental peril (the blind is going up - stakes are now high!)

7. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have no idea what you're saying but it sounds like it's coming straight from the heart so I'll agree

8. trader10

trader10 Member

Well, when China does correct it's economy...mind you, (it will be very healthy for their economy to make a correction)..... countries like Australia will feel the pinch quite strongly IMHO.... no matter what the government, real estate brokers and the banks say... OZ is a very small economy.... and household debts are massive.... it does not take much for a economic problem to spill over on our shores...

9. trader10

trader10 Member

Australia's households debt is a worry... that's for sure.....

[​IMG]

10. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$800000 - $1000000 Sydney and Melbourne mortgages will do that

11. trader10

trader10 Member

I don't even want to think about it when the cycle changes..... this will be a slaughterhouse.... no doubt about it...... and I bet OS investors might actually start the fire sales in the next recession...and that is not far either....

12. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And sloths are cute, so adding my agreement.

[​IMG]

13. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How can the cycle change though? This provides intense pressure not to raise rates. And there'd probably be some provision to help bail out the indebted home owners.

14. trader10

trader10 Member

The Cycle always comes... we have a very long one.. over 18 years now? I believe it will come from OS investors... when the new recession hit their pockets they will sell investments OS... here....... lol provision to bail out home owners? nah...... provision will be needed to bail out at least 2 of the large 4 banks... with no doubt.

And who will provide it ? lol the public..... and don't forget it.... AUS pension fund/ superannuation is a large pool for it.... over $1.3 trillion ! oh yeah.... they will tap on it sometime in the future... no doubt about it....

15. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hey You Guys!

Here you take the Snake, fingers off the Sloth though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I think you'll likely see PM to the moon as property joins James Cameron in the Marianas trench. I wonder if 1500 oz of sliver and 10 oz of gold will buy a house in the Adelaide suburbs when the time comes.

My mother picked up a house on a quater acre 25 mins from the Adelaide CBD in 2002 for $88k (when we moved she was determined not to have a home lone). The house was in bad shape but the land alone now would be easily double that, likely more. I think those sorts of affordable inner suburban regular family homes will fare ok (still likely to drop with the market though). I certainly wouldn't want to be holding expensive CBD rental apartments and far outer suburbs new development housing when the time comes.

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Something seems to really want to keep gold under AU$1600 and Silver under $22.. m a n i pulation

18. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I don't think the price of anything in australian dollars is even close to being on the radar of someone with the power to move metals markets. Keep an eye on $1250 us though, that's a key level people will be waiting for and could cause a big short squeese as people get back in.

19. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Exactly yeah and why i thought it was so strange first through the gold price then by currency.. i am sure there are teams on all sides of currencies trying to accomplish a daily task battling it out to globally devalue or vs a trade partner .. up down sideways.. down v gold etc.. PPT being one (or it could be the obvious falling Aussie dollar vs rising gold)

Naive to think Australia would be immune/ resistance/ neutral/ sideliner/ non participating / under the radar in terms of currency wars given the evidence and accusations and lack of denials

1for1

20. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I distinctly remember 19% term deposit interest rates approx 1990 (with correspondingly high mortgage rates). No reason why it can't happen again.