120k nugget found in Ballarat

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by Argentum, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could also consider using the thing yourself. :)

Older model Minelab Pulse Induction(PI) models seem to be holding their second-hand value fairly well. One reason is that they are no longer manufactured.

If you want to buy a new Minelab PI, the GPX 5000 model, it retails around $6500. The only way to get your hands on any earlier models is to buy second-hand. There used to be "Version 2" models of the SD2100 and SD2200 that you could buy new, but not any more.

An unused GP3000 should be worth anywhere between $2500-$3000 IMO. Knock $500 off if in used cond. You might get more at auction?

2. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your credibility in terms of metal detecting/metal detecting knowledge is pretty good with me. You seem to have fairly accurately assessed the going price for this machine.

I would use it myself (the original big plans) up here in the Palmer River region but kids, family, committments put paid to any realistic chance of getting away on a regular basis. So I'll stick to my gemstone cutting, a little fossicking for stones, and leave all the gold to you blokes. :)

So best I think about floating this machine out there in "for sale land" along with all the extra's I have (eg signal enhancer, extra battery and battery carrying case, machines cover etc). Maybe in this months barter section for a little gold and silver................