1 Billion Dollar order

Discussion in 'Silver' started by rainy day, Jul 22, 2022.

1. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

Oddjob likes this.
  2. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So she has purchased $50 million with "plans" to purchase up to a billion.

She might get a tap on the shoulder from the powers that be, telling her not to proceed or her safety won't be guaranteed.

As fellow Texan, Ross Perot received when he tried to run in the 1992 Presidential Elections as an independent.

STKR likes this.
  3. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can fore see a grassy knoll,3 shooters and a magic bullet on the horizon.

Lucy's Numis and STKR like this.
  4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver bullet for sure!

Real $ likes this.
  5. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh, to be able to wake up one morning and decide to splash a lazy USD1.0bn on some PM's.

6. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seems like she has an interest in keeping that billion.

7. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

STKR likes this.
  8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let's get real $1B of silver is less than 800 tons compared to 25,000 to 30,000 tons mined silver production a year than add recycled it's barely few percentages of annual production.

If they bought $1b in one lot for sure 100% it will move the spot for few days but $50m lot there are likely few dozens of industrial suppliers/brokers who on sells to average sized refiners, jewellery wholsalers and manufacturing sectors who buy at those quantities weekly

Also a person buying $1b of silver likely have many tens of billions and it's likely a rainy day security fund and not an investment. Of course if silver double or tripples in X years it is great but likely their main "riskier" investments will likely increase 10x if no mishap occurs.

Personally I also hold few percentages of my wealth in gold for a rainy day, and add more ounces when my net wealth in other investments increases, likely I will hold all the gold when I pass and be willed away.

Some members buy and sell lot of PM, too much work for me lol but i presume these members make more wealth from trades than in spot returns and others seems to indicate that majority of non property assets are in PM and continually accumulate, all three strategies works to a degree.

Anyway I am getting off track, my point was why the silliness, lol according to Google 2700 billionaires in the world, in these day and age, a billion of PM is likely held by hundreds of people.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  9. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Actually, you need to look at the Investment Grade Bullion market to get a perspective on the size of this order. It equates to approx. 25% of total annual demand for Bullion. It's huge.

In fact, it's so big that it would exceed the total annual demand over all years in the decades leading up to 2008. A single buyer. There are only so many seats at the table for buyers of this size. Big $$ couldn't enter this space even if it wanted to.

10. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^
    I agree that a $1 billion buy would be a big deal and would put the cat among the pigeons if it ever came to fruition.

I recall a US dealer mentioning a while back that $750 million would buy up all the available inventory of both gold and silver in the USA.

That is why I very much doubt that it will eventuate into reality and that the plantation owners will allow it to happen, as it would set a
    precedence and would quickly overwhelm the paper Ponzi scheme that they run.

STKR likes this.
  11. STKR

Although, silver eagles aren't a good investment with their high premiums. 900,000 Oz's means she would've paid $55 USD an Oz in total. That doesn't sound like a smart way to invest your $$ at all. That sounds like a woman who has inherited a lot of money, is scared of losing it and is making (possibly irrational) decisions to alleviate her fears and uncertainties.

Remember...Big Buyers will become Big Sellers one day.

1for1 and Ipv6Ready like this.
  12. Ipv6Ready

Its not a billion though its 50 mil.

Also Im talking in terms of silver... a minted coin is a product with price dynamics that has little to do with spot

As above buying $50m of eagles is a real brain dead idea as an investment.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    STKR likes this.
  13. STKR

I understand that. Even if she was putting $1B on the table, it would only be 8% of total annual Bullion demand if she's stupid enough to pay $55 an Oz. Something doesn't add up.

14. Ipv6Ready

I wasnt implying you, I was just answering bits and peices of all the post. Hence i didnt use the quote function

In any case, I think we agree the buyer is an idiot or clueless and I am sure even the dealer asked "are you sure" multiple times lol. That is all that can be said. The numbers make it is plain obvious (unless the vids are making S#it up) the person didnt speak to a real adivsor.

15. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

Yeah, i agree it is a small amount in the big scheme of things, but it could be just a trigger, or the start of a change of thinking. Everything is going to hell now, like never before. We are literally running out of stuff, and the ones that control all, know this and are changing the world we always knew, it maybe a different world in a few years and silver may have a different place to what it does now. We seem to be close to a pivot point like we have never seen. Just my two bob worth. Have a good day.

STKR likes this.
  16. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

But, if the world is changing, maybe it is a good decision? There is one constant - change. Maybe she senses the world is at a tipping point, no coal, no electricity, no small business, what they call a "post industrial civilisation". Did you know they are planning to close all coal power stations and, they will just hike fuel up until you cant move or send trucks, farm etc, etc. just imagine what the changed world would look like. It will become a mad max world, and if you got the precious juice before the collapse, you are laughing. But if you did not see it coming you might end up with nothing real in that mad max reality.

17. STKR

Turn out the $50 million order was half gold and half silver.