car mows down pedestrians in Melbourne.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Peter, Jan 20, 2017.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

meth and alcohol are not interchangeable

The effects overlap, yes. Both disinhibit. At higher and sustained doses alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, whereas meth is a stimulant. Meth is also much more potent and dependence prone.

Outside of Aboriginal communities in remote areas, theft of alcohol is pretty scarce, mainly due to availability at low cost in large outlets, where clean skin wine can be had for 4-6 dollars per 750mL bottle, sometimes less than 4 bucks. It could hardly be cheaper, when it is about the same price as a 600mL coke from a vending machine.

On the other hand, theft for meth is commonplace where it is widely available, here and in poorer countries. It is consumed until none is left over a period which can extend many days. Many thousands spent on this drug in a relatively brief period is common, even vast sums, but nothing like this for alcohol, even at 1L spirits per day.

If the intent is displaced consumption using the lowest price for a substance, alcohol is clearly cheaper than meth and smoking cigarettes, cheaper than almost anything, including solvents. But people will choose smoking cigarettes and meth over alcohol as they are more addictive, despite the severe legal penalty for meth and the financial penalty for smoking in Australia, in the order of 10 times more expensive than Indonesia and 6-7x more than Fiji.

People will smoke straight after a major operation if they can walk outside, drip in one hand, fag in the other.

In the case of smoking, cost makes a difference. Smoking rates have fallen.

People will smoke meth even if they neglect every relationship that mattered, even their own minimal caloric intake.

They will choose this over alcohol typically because the effect sought is different.

I think with meth it seems to give a person a greatly inflated view of themselves and their life while under the influence, a level of denial which lasts ages, unlike that of alcohol which tends to pass with intoxication.

I just don't see your substitution idea working, shiny. It was tried with kava in the NT and it didn't work.

Chalk and cheese.

2. millededge

millededge Active Member

As for the crook involved in Bourke St, he was reportedly talking about Islamic material prior to the crime on social media, did apparently have Islamic music (yes an oxymoron maybe) blaring on his car stereo and was shouting Aloha Snackbar but clearly fits the mold of an antisocial meth head with violent tendencies.

Still, it is interesting that he would choose to convince himself his actions were morally sanctioned by appealing to his own conception of Islam, if witness observations are accurate.

3. l***g

l***g Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

FAKE NEWS

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It won't work until governments reduce their tax take. Make drugs cheaper so that at least cost is not a consideration.

5. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

If extraction was made to the same good and drug standards as panadol and you had to see a for to get a certificate from scratch ringgit to carry you were in good health to get some limited amount per month out would be safer than alcohol (non addictive and some studies suggest even Street E is) turn you could tax it and less petite die. Who looses out, drug dealers, but we all want to keep them in business, prohibition I'd s licence for scum to print money written by the government and enforced mostly against people who need treatment of door sort. So who else stands to lose? Well how about every other class of violent it dangerous criminal since you hurt freed up a huge amount of police resources to deal with violent crime and fraud.

It would also pump billions into tax coffers, create finessing jobs and rate a hell of a lot of pressure off the health system since impurities and substitutions are the cause of thousands of regency room visits annually.

Oh and just a quick question, would you rather walk down a dark alley past a half dozen pissed up teenagers or half a dozen teenagers high on ecstacy?

Meanwhile I can smoke myself to death.

Regarding the role of Islam in your incident, if I had a psychotic break, was high on ice or was generally a horrible person and knew I'd committed a crime line your I wansnt coming back from and wanted to make sure right wing parties or Islamic extremists you funding and support from that day on never of me I'd be accessin screamingb the same thing out my window as has been claimed too.

Isn't that funny, if I wanted to make sure Pauline Hanson got some extra party donations or wanted to inspire more radical Islamists I'd yell the exact same thing. You'd think you'd have to yell very different things to gain extra support for an elected official and radical Islam, but the same phrase helps them both... Not trying the lime out reasoning any further and I'm not making a comment on it, beyond the fact that it's curious they both seem to benefit from the same incidents.

6. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

I loved how he had "entertainers" in there as well. A miserable part of society that god-fearing white folk should avoid like the plague.

Apparently he also said that it leads to pacifism, communist brainwashing, makes you likely to kill your brother* and "makes darkies think they're as good as white men". :lol:

* Possibly because he won't pass the bong to you?

7. bordsilver

Especially if the current push for only medicinal marijuana kicks in. This is why we need to push for full legalisation before the cronies get too entrenched.

8. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Now that John Fayne has given it to the Premier
    What a bunch of soft clocks EVERYBODY who stood bye and watched i happen :eek:
    Yes the cops to , who followed him all day & watched it happen .
    In one video there was a guy with a baseball bat who tried to have a go,
    He was in all black & dressed like a roadie (maybe )

And yes about 20 years ago I pulled a guy out of a car who was off his head & bouncing of cars in Toorak .
    A mate who was driving pulled up behind him ,I snuck up turned the ignition of & pulled him out of the van
    As others took care of him , a few others pushed the van off to the side .
    The world has gone soft " oh I don't want to offend anybody " mind set
    Don't say anything negative :lol:
    Bunch of soft clocks I say

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Police had a few opportunities to grab him but apparently code of practice type issues meant he continued his drive.

Copper I know is very angry the murderer was not grabbed on the Bolte Bridge when the policen had him boxed in.

Now big shakeup in bailing laws, and Police Association will likely get very vocal about that and the need for 'arrest strategies' before police move in.

Murderer stabbed his brother, beat up his mother and the Police pussyfooted around? Very hard to understand the police reticence to engage, when there were clear opportunities to stop him before his final murder spree.

10. bordsilver

Bring back the days when Vic. coppers just shot 'em dead?

11. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Russian attitude of
    Shoot first
    Ask questions later

12. millededge

millededge Active Member

Now I'd put my hand up straight away to say Dailymail runs its share of fake news, but this time it quotes people who know Gargasoulas and quotes him from social media.

It confirms what it looked like, Gargasoulas' crimes fit the behaviour of an antisocial crackhead high on meth, excusing their actions in terms of religion or what they imagine religion to be.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Melbourne-CBD-car-attacker.html#ixzz4WXIUZge1
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

While the evil drug ice may be the proximate cause of this, looking at this scenario suggests it was the catalyst to disinhibition of other desires.

The evidence is quite robust that this man expressed views about Islam indicating identification with it in the weeks prior to the homicides. This is not fake, indeed if I wanted to guess, I would say he probably said a lot more than is published by (((fake news))) sites, things that are hinted at with his rants about the NWO, Iluminati and Freemasons, particlarly given his ostensible conversion to Islam.

DM pretty much never publishes genuine conspiracy in authentic journalism, but it occasionally indirectly does it. For example, it allowed uparrowing of an article on WTC7 showing the audience views on that are overwhelmingly in favour of the alternative media viewpoint.

In the case of Gargansoulas, it says he was arrested in nothing but his red undies, but the deception is left unsaid, which is that his clothes were cut away from him by emergency services as part of his extraction from the motor vehicle and paramedic trauma survey. If you didn't know that, you might conclude that he was only in his undies due to a mental health reason.

Nothing from MSM should be taken unquestioningly, but the basic narrative of this crime seems to have legs, ie meth user with antisocial tendencies and increasingly violent impulses rationalised in terms of righteous fury, as part of an apparent conversion to Islam, a doctrine which endorses and enables extreme violence towards nonbelievers, thus its attraction to this sort of person.

Obviously beating up his mother is not Islamic and his actions are more readily appreciable in terms of his traits and drug use, despite the headlines and his allegedly yelling "God is Great" when he killed and injured these people.

13. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Equally valid for American police.

Black man lying on the ground with his hands up up in the air? Shoot him anyway!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqBAOX6Qegk[/youtube]

14. JulieW

I think there's a line between murdering suspects on the ground and acting to stop a car boxed in on a major bridge with a helicopter overhead. Two comments were relayed to me: One copper said 'this guy has to be stopped he's going to kill someone' and another higher ranking policeman said 'we need an arrest plan now'.

That is anecodotal of course, but in a life and death situation, the police should feel confident to act without the potential to become the victims.

BTW. If you were at the intersection and saw this nutjob doing burn outs would you have rammed his car with yours to stop what appeared to be a nutter endangering people - knowing that most likely YOU would go down for dangerous driving, endangering life AND the nutjob would find out all about you at your court appearance?

15. JulieW

Yes, possibly a violent murderer may be attracted to a religion and claim it as his own, however considering the number of violent (insert ever other religion) murderers, this one choosing Islam is pretty much irrelevant. However of course it is useful in a political sense.

Now if he'd been acting for the aliens, what then?

:lol:

16. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

Did he terrorise innocent peoples ordinary lives? Yes
    Therefore, yes he is a terrorist.

nuff said.

17. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

You mean USA attitude........................................

18. millededge

millededge Active Member

Yes, agree with that, looking at his posts he seems to be off his nut, although there is some relevance to choice of religion, which is the excuse of immoral behaviour using a system of morality and appeal to a greater power. Islam is rife with butchery, pillage and rapine and if bloodlust is on your mind, then what better reason to indulge in it than God/God's prophet says it's ok? Islam clearly makes it ok for believers as the Koran is perfect.

I would expect he chose it for a reason and the obvious one is he was looking for an answer, an explanatory model for his urges and one which gave an acceptable outlet, at least in his own mind.

Have a look at what is published as his photo, presumably taken from FB.
    http://newsmessinia.blogspot.com/2017/01/dimitrios-gargasoulas.html

A heavily tattooed man bristling with muscles, the stereotype of a criminal "enforcer". He is very well conditioned and that physique, with what looks to be a fat content of around 10% to me, takes a long time to achieve naturally, so maybe his drug use had relatively recently escalated, perhaps he was using meth initially to assist this achievement.

Also, religions are quite different. The Old Testament espouses an explicitly racial basis for a link to YWH, religion and law being one and the same (book of the Levites/Leviticus) and thus, tribalism determines law.

This is very different from the inclusivity of the New Testament, where the meaning of "thy neighbour" is turned on its head to include gentiles/goyim.

Some religions are inherently more peaceful than others. This reality is ignored by equalists.

If a person becomes convinced they are Jesus, it seems unlikely they will go on a rampage. They may do something stupid like try to fly off a cliff or off themselves to save mankind, but beheading people or ploughing through pedestrians screaming "God is Great!"?....seems hard to find a good example or a string of them. Whereas, Europe has a plethora of examples only in the last 12 months, Sweden a smorgasbord of sexual assault, all with one common denominator.

19. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We get lots of burnouts and doughnuts in the industrial area so probably wouldn't ram the car, usually just kids having fun. Probably wouldn't even drive close to the car if it meant it would draw attention to me, too many people with a high opinion of themselves.

If you knew they were going to drive into a crowd then sure, but just someone hooning around, no. More worthwhile to block access to pedestrian space if possible, then if it is just kids being idiots all that is happened is you have over reacted and caused a bit of an obstruction.

They would definitely end up with whiplash and I am not sure my insurance would cover me for deliberately ramming another car. Would lose the case for sure, would have to pay out big time from own pocket, would take all my investments etc. and ruin any hope of retirement.

If they were in the middle of ramming people then what the hell, you want to be close enough to pull them out of the car so why not get really close? Of course it would be a tough decision if the wife and family were in the car, not sure how they feel about trying to kill someone with a car.

20. millededge

millededge Active Member

As for this, if you do not know the power of leftism and media, type in to google "black man lying on the ground with his hands up in the air" (without quotes) and miami.

What you get is, like a search of leftist topics such as refugees and asylum seekers, a who's who of globalist media sirens, CNN, SMH, ABC, Vox, Vice, news.com.au (yes, Murdoch press is globalist, if you did not notice this in the last election, it is just a different stripe), NBC, CBS

So of course, playing orthodox leftist, they say an investigation is taking place to see if race played a part. This is rarely the case when the victim is white, actually, I'm pressed to think of a more than a single example, despite the huge number of whites shot by police. Therefore, the narrative is racist rather than equalist, but leftists are not known for logic unless the logic is defined as the outcome justifies the means.

What the media seems to play down is the police statement that they were actually trying to shoot the nuffy. I would have thought that is even worse - police try to shoot an autistic kid! The kid was holding an object, which the police mistook for a gun and shot the black man in the leg on the ground. That is not how Roswells's vid runs though is it? Leftists disgust me. They take advantage of this sort of incident to advance their anti-police and racially divisionist narrative to foment violence. The riots in the US instigated by these radical left activists, their globalist paymasters and their MSM mouthpieces are what happens with leftist "progressive" agitation.

The outcome justifies the means.

There are lots of recent examples of heavily misrepresented police action in the US with the result of numerous dead officers, soaring crime rates, anti-white violence as intended. Michael Brown is the standout for me, but also Trayvon Martin ("if I had a son") and Freddie Gray. Freddie is particularly interesting, with evidence of misuse of power to prosecute at a very high level in Baltimore, ongoing.