Uranium Stock Watchers

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by heartastack, Jan 10, 2017.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's getting hot again guys. Who's got some hot tips to go with it?
    I'm still in CXO which has some good domestic prospects (I'm hearing some of the best, but I haven't done any further research on that), even though Lithium is leading speculation for that stock. I will hold.

PDN looks like it's starting a trend reversal.

2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

not from what i can see. I've been hearing people say that at 20c, 15c and 10c.

3. scott_reeve

scott_reeve Active Member

Boss Resources (BOE). Has 1 of the 4 fully permitted uranium mines in Australia. Currently on care & maintenance but has previously had $170 mill worth of infrastructure in place for start up when prices become favourable again.

4. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought of posting on uranium stocks a week ago, but thought better of it. They're plantin' stories in the press. There's enough time passed now for uranium memories to have faded and the ground is being prepared to harvest a fresh bunch of ingenues.

I have absolutely no interest in the sector nor the sort of stocks that will be used as vehicles of enrichment for a few, however BOE could be starting to confirm the price potential that Caput predicted for it. The chart is hopeful for a bottom having been completed, after which a rapid one bagger gain has been digested for the last year. Needless to say I know nothing about the company but it's been well discussed here ..
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-75580-boss-resources-boe-page-2.html

The monthly chart has been added, but looking at the weekly chart shows price has been yoyoing in the range between 4c and 6-7c, so a safer punt for the speculator would be a wait to buy between 5 and 4c and be willing to miss out if it breaks out b4 a return to the bottom of the range - it's only a piece of crap after all.

BOE 5 yr monthly
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_boe.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

Disclosure: not held
    Sentiment: avoid

5. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

When I look at Paladin, I have to double check my stock holdings because its share price collapse is identical to what every other stock I buy does.

6. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Paladin's financial position is sh*thouse (way too much long-term debt) they could turn it around on higher uranium prices, but I would favour companies with better looking books. BOE, BMN, TOE, DYL, BKY and PEN is where it's at.

7. heartastack

But if you see a wave coming, why not ride it? OK - I get your point that there might be some 'funny-business' going on in the sector, but alas, we are on a precious metals forum! A crap tonne of money has been made in the last few months in the stocks Caput just posted above. You can spit at an on-coming train, but it won't stop it.

8. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My practical reason for suggesting to not to buy shares in the specuative sector is that it is a 'zero sum game'. Money made comes from money lost by other speculators.

Apart from that, the great majority of the companies are frauds operating within the complacent bounds of the law. They are close to 'Ponzi schemes' that last only as long as they can lure in fresh speculators. They are not true speculations where there is a small but reasonable chance of achieving the stated goal. If you stay in them you will almost always lose your stake.

There is no "train", because a train is on tracks with a predetermined destination and direction, and your ticket doesnt get worthless along the way.

9. heartastack

Generally good advice. Hard to know if we are talking to each other here as 'traders', investors, or both (I'm personally adaptable to both). In the context of our discussion I would employ a 'trader' mentality on Uranium stocks. I mean today PDN is up 20%. In-and-out with 20% in a day is a good wave.

Anyway, there were good opportunities when I started this thread. Now they are probably ending as all the big gains have passed through. Now is when suckers jump on board and then get pissy with me because they start losing money. Quick reactions are what's required for trading.

10. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd personally stick with your first one hearta, CXO. Got some lovely ground and previous hits at their Fitton project in S.Aus "Core's drilling has hit thick and high grade uranium intercepts."
    Best intersections of high grade shallow uranium mineralisation at Core Exploration's Fitton Project include 11m @ 1309 ppm U3O8 (across strike) and 60m @ 480 ppm U3O8 (down plunge).

Core's exploration work and drilling at Fitton has now confirmed that:

Uranium mineralisation outcrops.
    Uranium mineralisation contains both thick and high grade intersections.
    Uranium mineralisation extends to at least 150m downhole depth.
    The mineralised structure is over 1km long.
    Exploration potential for repeated mineralised structures.

Core's 100% owned Fitton Project is located in a proven world-class uranium mining region, 500 kilometres north of Adelaide in South Australia and is located within 25km of 3 operating uranium mines

Beverley Mine (46Mlb U3O8 Resource 7.7Mt @ 0.27% (21,000T U3O8)
    Beverly North Mine (8.8Mlb U3O8 Resource 2.2Mt @ 0.18% (4,000T U3O8)
    Four Mile Mine (71Mlb U3O8 Resource 9.8Mt @ 0.33% (32,000T U3O8)

http://www.coreexploration.com.au/projects/

Lithium, Zinc, Copper, Silver (at 4 kg a ton) , Uranium, all rolled up in a nice little cheap bundle for now.

It's like the Hot Chick at the Highschool formals older sister who actually puts out.

(discloser I hold and will keep buying as much as I can at these prices)

11. heartastack

Impeccable timing there, Mr. Cross. I'm sure you'll be delighted to check your ann's this morning.

It's midnight on prom-night and she's looking for a ride (and I don't mean home!) ;)