What a Price To Pay for F35 Fighter!

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by errol43, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This just gets better & better... :|

2. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I honestly don't understand how they can spend $400 billion just on the development of the plane...

3. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Seems like the F-35's will be a complete waste of money..

The USS Donald Cook was approached by an SU-24 in Russian territory. The SU-24 was unarmed but carried a special electronic system that completely disabled the US ship.. All communications and the ability of the ship for counter measures were null and void.

As a result the crew of USS Donald Cook were in deep shock as to what happened. Also 27 sailors requested a transfer from active duty..

Hardly a mention on MSM.

If this system is used against the F-35's will our planes fall out of the sky?

Lets hope that we can find some system to counter the SU-24's and their electronics!!!

BTW THIS AIRCRAFT is nearly 20years old.

Check THIS STORY ON GOOGLE (USS Donald Cook)

Regards Errol 43

4. Greg Williams

5. errol43

Indonesia to buy Sukhoi-35 planes...Will the F35 be able to match them, that is the ?????

Regards Errol 43

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I checked this story and it is highly consistent with Internet speculation fueled by Russian propaganda, that is, all attempts to find any real details eventually lead to claims of "its all being covered up by the MSM" which only reinforce claims of a coverup conspiracy.

7. hussman

hussman Member

Yes, I heard about this story on the Richie Allen Show when he interviewed Paul Craig Roberts. No Proof that this weapon exists. However, considering how much the world spends on weapons RND, and the fact it has been quite a while since any major power in the world has unleashed some form of new technology in the field, its not out of the realm of possibility that it does exist. However until it can be confirmed, I guess we will never know for sure. But it does make for a cool story to tell.

8. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if the F35 is a waste of money when unlimited amounts get siphoned off for war ...

9. Tacrezod

Tacrezod Member

Interesting.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ph-ac-cn-celestial-navigation-1014-20151009-story.html

"Officials reinstated brief lessons in celestial navigation this year, nearly two decades after the full class was determined outdated and cut from the curriculum."

"it's the escalating threat of cyber attacks that has led the Navy to dust off its tools to measure the angles of stars"

"Knowledge of celestial navigation in the GPS era provides a solid back-up form of navigation in the event GPS becomes unreliable for whatever reason"

10. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would imaging having some nukes with icbm capabilities would be the most cost effective way for defending australia against other super powers, not lemons such as the f35s

11. errol43

I hope the cut the order in half. Now that would save some $$$$$$, :)

Hope the new Russian electronic system doesn't hinder their operation.

Regards Errol 43

12. errol43

Refer to post 243...re US Donald Cook...

Latest MS media on ABC ! It seems like the incident happened recently (BS) US just watched with their cameras and took movies as the Russian unarmed jets flew past several times... (BS)

After viewing the incident on Google months ago. Why would anyone believe this latest version? Maybe the Russian jets were using the Khabini electronic system that they used on the 12th April 2014 against the USS Donald Cook which was equiped with the AEGIS electronic system.

Regards Errol 43

Seems strange that the USS Donald Cook was involved in similar incidents 2 years apart in the Black Sea and now the Baltic Sea? :rolleyes:

13. errol43

Donald Trump is concerned about the rising cost of the F35 fighter. Seems like according to Bloomberg that the Congress has just been informed that the project price had just gone up $650 billion... Their cost per plane is now well over $100 million each!

Maybe Treasurer Morrison can reduce our order of the F35's by 10 and save us taxpayers $1 billion.

Israel has just taken delivery of four of the lemons..I bet that they got a discount price:)

When will Australia buy defence equipment that is available today off the shelf instead of weapons of the future..

When will we get our F35"s and subs delivered...

WW3 may well be all over by then.

Regards Errol 43

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

we should be buying from the Russians now, as they currently have operational aircraft in the air NOW that are superior to the F35

15. errol43

Add the Khibini system and we have a war plane!

Regards Errol 43

16. errol43

Yes Pyne and Turnbull still think the the F 35 is a great buy!

Their egos won't let go!

Regards Errol 43

17. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

We were offered raptors, then CAF USAF was an old RAAF exchange officer back in his early years, backed us all the way with a study that said we could have them without significant technical risk. Howard bought a paper airplane that was a mini raptor at half the price... Not so much huh? I'd take 50 raptors over 100 F-35a's any day.

Who are we kidding, we should save the money, buy another couple subs and get 150 griipen e or one extra sub and 100 typhoons, at least then we'd maintain interpretability and get everything except... Wait what do we get apart from compromised front aspect stealth and a rear IR signature that the boys and girls at Woodside can have fun with?

We're going to end up buying gunships for CAS, everyone except procurement knows the lightning won't be doing it. The Super bugs either stay for that or we give that role up...

18. Greg Williams

We could have bought 'Off the shelf' Russian planes for 1/10 of the cost, immediate delivery (Express post if you will lol)
    But Nahhhhhhhhh can't do that. We have to buy a lemon for 10 times the cost because Australia is America's buttplug :mad:
    If you can be bothered reading it, the 62 page dossier is scathing of the F-35's performance.
    & with the Russian S400 & S500? that makes them drop out of the sky.
    In A test the F16 crapped all over the F35.
    So why were we forced to accept this deal with the US? BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD TO!!!

F-35 has 276 deficiencies and counting, unfit for combat operations Pentagon report

Article: https://on.rt.com/80hv

Annual Report: http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2016/

62 Page Dossier PDF: http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2016/pdf/dod/2016f35jsf.pdf

19. phrenzy

The s-400 and 500 are not an issue, the f-22, b-21 and b-2 are the only aircraft designed to fly combat missions over Russia. They only export s-300s and only to close friends.

Unfortunately the sukhois have problems of their own, for one thing the airframes are only rated for like 4000 hours and they have engine problems and you are locked into Russian and maybe Chinese weapons and logistics. Even the Russians can't decide which sukhois to really invest in for the airforce.

Don't get me wrong the su-35 is amazing, but the Russian planes and worse their Chinese knob offs are basically fire and forget missiles that fire missiles. They aren't for us, there's a reason they can overhaul f-15s from the 70's.

We should get involved with the Japanese gen 5+ project. We should get silent Eagles. Or, again the typhoon. We get quality aircraft, save money, maintain relationships, secure logistics and get the meteor missile, we need that one.

I always assumed we only passed on strike Eagles to avoid upsetting Indonesia.

Actually we should buy the latest Apache or whatever is going to end up replacing the longbow.

20. phrenzy

Jesus the first 2 pages of the report alone... Two very senior very good officers lost their jobs fighting for the raptor and against the lightning. Looks like someone or a group of people are risking the same to get the attention of friends in the hill and the new administration. You wouldn't normally get to talk like this in a public release even though it's their mandate.

By the by, does this look stealthy:

[​IMG]