New video from MrSilverGoldSilver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by rbaggio, Mar 26, 2011.

1. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzyXn8t0plM[/youtube]

* There are 15kg of silver in every Tomahawk missile (not sure how true this is, another site reckons 60oz of silver per Tomahawk).
    * March 28, 2011 will be 'epic'.

2. Arsenal

Arsenal New Member

I love these series.

Comedy with a Truth rolled into one.

:D

3. Sticks

Sticks New Member

15kg Of Silver in a Tomahawk - will have to check this - I just cant see it.
    But if true - What is a good way to piss off Obama so he might be tempted to lob a few down our way ?

4. even flow

even flow New Member

well according to wiki a tomahawk missile weighs about 1,300kg... so around 1% of the total weight could be silver wiring, solder & batteries apparently...

5. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

hmm that seems plausible, 1% of the mass isn't too much

6. Sticks

Sticks New Member

Your Joking - Right ??
    Lets look at it, First you have the casing for the missile - Heavy and thick - has to be if the want a big bang when it goes off.
    Like a firecracker, wrap it up tight in heavy cardboard it goes off with a bang, wrap same amount of powder in a tissue paper and it goes off in a ppffftt
    So far no silver, First half off casing is filled with explosives - still no silver.
    Back half needs a rocket to propel it - Also solid so it don't melt or burn up - Still no siver.
    In front of rocket we need fuel tanks to sustain flight for ( half hour ? ) Still no silver.
    So far I would reckon we are over 95% of its total weight and not a speck off silver..

So some where in middle is a space for its Avionics and electronics.
    So we need a Guidance system - Think of a Tom Tom GPS - Little silver oxide battery in them will keep it going 6 - 7 hours and 80% of power is used for Graphics and displaying pretty little maps - Tomahawk don't need that so strip out all the display electronics, little battery that keeps a digital watch running for a year will be good enough to keep this sucker running for an hour (Tops)
    Next we need a ground link in case they want to abort the mission - Throw in a Mobile phone with all the extras cut out, don't need a keyboard, display and mp3 player built in. Next we near a Servo control board to control Flight tabs (About the size and weight of the servo controls in a model aeroplane - Servo Motors slightly heavier.)
    Last thing we need is a small Gyro for stability - Just think of a Hard disk drive with a larger platter.

Now the military uses best quality components and are heavily into miniaturization ( They like packing in more of that shit that goes Bang)

So worst case scenario I see is electronic and battery load about the same size as a small Laptop computer.
    And I reckon you would be hard pressed to get enough silver out of it to get one tooth cavity filled.

But what I find amusing - I was down in the silversearch forum where this thread started (The original poster had a Nic that started with Gollum - Sounded like a Zionist Shill spreading disinformation)
    And nobody questioned this ridiculous claim - They just all accepted it - Reinforces the claim that the school system has taken away peoples ability to do any critical thinking - People just operating on the Belief system.
    No wonder half the world has been sucked in by this global warming crap, Tell them anything and most will just go along with it

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I wonder if JP Morgan are going to start shorting cruise missles now?

:)

8. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

Touche, thanks for the info

9. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

15Kg?? ...not. With contact flashing and about 500m of low Z kapton... Batteries, RF resistant semis... meh.. let's guess around 10 to 20oz? There's going to be more silver and gold used in mil spec components than in commercial or industrial spec, and less copper consequently. Although primarily SMT technology, the solder paste will have a far higher silver content for melting point then commercial SMT. Anyway, that's my best guess without a phone call to the good people of Boeing Rockwell.

Of course I could be wrong, but man, if it's a monster box per missile, that explains the delay on deliveries.. :D

10. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

The first time I heard 15Kg per missile was from the ABC blog site last week.
    http://ausbullion.blogspot.com/2011/03/1650kg-of-silver-fired-at-libya-to.html

That seems like a lot of silver and the only other reference I could find for the amount of silver per missile was in the range of 60oz, if I recall.

So there is certainly silver being consumed in this insane activity, but it is unlikely to be 15kg.

Edit: Go you silver bears, go!