manipulation implication.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by windmill2, Dec 9, 2016.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As you stated above:
    Not a very sophisticated group.
    My take is that when their "sure-thing" backfires, they just start looking for someone to blame.

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Maybe some people are just getting sick and tired of shifty shit and are willing to do something about it ... rather than pretend its not happening or that it is normal ...

3. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Definitely they got caught, just like libor dealers.

And just like them in the Bloomberg articles it states about these silver traders.

They were looking at what they could do to line their pockets, and pushed it up and down.
    So when these few traders pushed the silver spot up one week and down the next, at any given time 50% of the silver owners won and the other 50% lost on paper. Unless they sold or bought but again the ratio holds 50/50 won or lost.

4. wrcmad

Fair call.
    I think it has been normal for a while.
    But it only matters if you were wrong.

5. systematic

Time will tell where this goes ... it seems some investors are sick of the corruption and not willing to accept it as " normal" ...

6. wrcmad

Yeah, time will tell.
    But don't forget that this discussion of "corruption" (?!) and "manipulation" only applies to short-term moves between paper-traders (which has always been normal), and has no real bearing on long-term prices.... hence my confusion of why it is such an issue?
    Especially when it is constantly proclaimed that paper-prices are meaningless, and that short-term dips are revered as "buying opportunities"?
    It is difficult to grasp where stackers are really coming from sometimes? :/

7. systematic

Makes you wonder why some sellers on the forum want a buyer to buzz in with the time of the spot price on a sale ... how is that for a short term move ...

8. systematic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJfut8lYut0[/youtube]

Is it an assumption of a short term move or is it like holding a beach ball underwater and passing it off as short term moves when they are trying to control it ...

9. windmill2

windmill2 Member Silver Stacker

What will happen when people who call themselves the silver mafia become exposed to light of day, $ up or down.
    Who cares? Well we hope an pray that the turning around of so many injustices will be implemented.

I'm alright jack, keep your hands of my stash,

We can concern ourselves with Julianne assange , condem him for his human nature, but maybe a bit like Alexander the great he's being used for a great purpo
    se.

Go to the ant, specifically our own little white ant , " don't worry dear , its just a bit of mud on wall, or dry rot"

Those little buggers multiply quickly, but hate being exposed as it kills them.

Hopefully the mafia will use their skills for something useful.

As Bob Dylan said in times they are a changing, " get otta the new world i f you can't lend a hand":)

I think its called a ziegeist when a movement of something like we,re beginning to see across the earth takes place

It's all good, but no pain no gain.

10. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

11. masmas

masmas New Member

This news of big banks controlling or manipulating the precious metals price has been around since last year, but so far the guilty party, they are still in business as usual:
    https://lawrieongold.com/2015/03/24...vestigated-by-u-s-doj-for-gold-price-rigging/

This is the recent news published regarding the same bank who did it and got it exposed:
    https://www.moneymetals.com/news/2016/12/12/silver-price-rigging-lawsuit-000967
    https://youtu.be/F1rKu7wvIXc

Gold statistics manipulation as it is revealed by some independent investigator:
    https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/koos-jansen/debunking-gfms-gold-demand-statistics/
    https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/koos-jansen/the-great-physical-gold-supply-demand-illusion/

Why this type of practice is keep on going since they've been discovered ?

12. Ipv6Ready

people have to stop using the word manipulation, as that implies they were doing this set a price.
    all the documents so far basically tells me they didn't care what the prices was in the future, it all had to do with the day and they were profiting from prices going up or going down.

Basically they exaggerated the up and down to profit. in the median they did jack all to the prices.

13. masmas

masmas New Member

Well if that's the case no wonder they can still get away with those behaviour since they are the big players :eek:

14. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

15. Ipv6Ready

That's what the LIBOR traders did too, they exaggerated the movement everyday to make money. But did our bank loans or mortgage move up or down everyday?

16. Ipv6Ready

17. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I dunno, mate. Seems like a pretty simple, accurate & universally-accepted definition...

2b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage

3 : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/manipulate

18. Ipv6Ready

Very good, but I meant it in context to how stackers and Pumper use the term, aka conspricy price suppression to lower PM prices.

If you read the word manipulation and understand PM manipulated up as well, no an issue. But I think every stacker thinks of manipulation as lowering the price.

Simply no evidence that there is any systematic price suppression and conspiracy to lower PM.
    because there is no evidence of it. Non of these traders seem to care what the price was, if the market looked like the way to make money was to raise prices they did.

19. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

If there is price depression, the main driver of this has been and still remains as (weakening) demand vs supply.

20. windmill2

windmill2 Member Silver Stacker

Doesn't it depend on the context and spin we put on manipulation?

In building, don't we manipulate a wall or a beam etc into position ?

Whether spot price of gold and silver is diliberately manipulated up or down it can be a type of conspirital use of prices for tricking others to part with their hard earned.

My simple understanding is that the original Roth child's, gained a huge unfair advantage by having inside info, selling of huge stocks, bets in a negative show to manipulate others to quickly sell of their stocks only to have the original Rothschild buy all the cheap stocks he knew would actually be of far greater value.

I think of a bear trap,

As soon as you say manipulation or conspiracy many switch of , but a good saying is that one of the biggest conspiracies is there's no conspiracy.

In many ways today words are manipulated in a conspiracy to railroad our trains of thought,

The truth will indeed set us free, in the long run

Our own Billy Thorpe sang, most people I know, think that I'm crazy,

Material gain has caused me confusion, etc etc.