Gold and Silver Under the Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheeSilverBug, Nov 11, 2016.

1. TheeSilverBug

TheeSilverBug New Member

[​IMG]

Analyst, author and speaker David Morgan was interviewed by INN CEO, Nick Smith, about the impact of the United States presidential election of 2016 on the price of gold and silver. In the interview, Morgan also detailed his outlook for the precious metals sector as well as copper in 2017.

On Donald Trump's victory over Hillary Clinton, Morgan said, "It doesn't really matter [which] candidate gets the presidency in the United States. The economic and financial conditions are entrenched so deep, and so far, and so wide that we have a precious metals bull market. That doesn't mean there won't be some short-term iterations, as we already experienced."

Indeed, gold surged nearly 5 percent on the night of the US elections, and had its biggest single-day gain since June. Mere hours after when Trump took to the stage for his victory speech the price of gold plunged to $1,302.42.

"We had a huge percentage increase in gold that was basically washed away within a matter of hours. So that is a precursor, I think, to going back to the fundamentals. And the fundamentals are, there is a systemic problem, worldwide, based on a lie that you can print wealth. It's been experienced through all the market places." says Morgan. He adds that "To preserve your financial health, you will need the precious metals at some point in your life."

Morgan's outlook for 2017 is positive. However, When asked about the steady increase in gold and silver prices, he said "I am more favourable to a longer consolidation period but 2017 will definitely see a lift throughout the year."

He is cautiously optimistic; when asked about the continued rise in the price of precious metals, here's what had to say "I was asked recently if I thought that the peak of the precious metals would be on the four-year presidency of Trump, and I said no."

However, he does see a higher price for precious metals in 2017 as compared to 2016.

Morgan suggests that investors should diversify if they are leaning towards the precious metals, and says "and then that portion of your portfolio, which I then recommend 10 maybe 20 percent if you are a full-fledged gold or silver bull."

Click here to watch this video:

http://davidmorganblog.blogspot.ca/2016/11/gold-and-silver-under-trump-presidency.html

2. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

March next year gold $1050 silver $14.
    Mark my words , Morgan is a fool.

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Big call....I like it.....$1050?......How about $930?

4. Phil_Stacker

Phil_Stacker New Member

How about you assume they are the prices, add on 5% and I'll pay those prices now. You make your profit now.

5. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Ding....back to reality...
    I don't have a clue....and more importantly.......I don't have any money.....Ooooops.
    But it's fun to imagine.

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

$2000 aud next year maybe.

7. MrSteve

MrSteve New Member

When Silver was $26USD a few years back, Morgan said it was a screaming buy. What kind of a buy is it now at $16USD?

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you really think the "Globalists" will allow Trump to become President?

I look at it like this:

"Scenario-One" - Trump is assasinated before 19 Dec 2016 - Clinton can still become President - Gold and Silver down.

"Scenario-Two - Trump becomes President; The "Globalists" tank the market - Gold and Silver rally.

Having said that, regardless... I'd rather have some dollars converted to gold and silver plus... a few more cans of tucker in the pantry. Don't forget to insure your family against hunger, a few bags of rice, beans or what ever takes your fancy may make good sense.

Ask yourselves this; If trump was assasinated and Clinton became President, do you think there would be civil unrest?

Grab some extra food, water, gas, gold, silver and have a bit of cash stashed. These are un-certain times.

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it extremely unlikely that Clinton will be installed now. Demonstrations and all. The die is cast and even a few electoral votes drifting off will not make much of a difference.

But they've made Ryan speaker, (a natural Trump enemy), and no doubt there are enough lizards to impeach Trump at first opportunity so they can stick their snouts back in the trough with the non-too-bright Pence under their thumbs as VP made President.

The swamp is large and deep.

10. masmas

masmas New Member

:eek: He's got nothing to do with the JP Morgan family.

11. masmas

masmas New Member

Well, I guess from 2017 onwards:

The good scenario is gold reaching pre-sub prime crisis levels below $1,000 per ounce. --> More likely due to Trump has made some good progress making USA great again
    The bad scenario is a rise to over $1,300 per ounce, as seen during the Brexit shock. --> Not sure if this is going to happens in 2018 or 2019 due to Italy referendum
    The ugly - at least in terms of uncertainty and instability - is a return to $1,920 and over. --> Like what Jim Rickards, & Mike Maloney has always predicts.

12. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Locked!

I will mark your words/prediction. See you then.

I predict $1300+ gold, $20+ silver.

13. masmas

masmas New Member

Why is that you predicting it is going up to brexit level ?

The interest rate will be hiked by the Feds even more.

14. Skyrocket

Because I don't think they can keep kicking the can down the road until then without something happening. Massive debts and bubbles everywhere will cause crap by then.

15. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They can kick it down the road until the second coming.
    Look at Zimbabwe and Venezuela still going. Look at North Korea still going.
    Sometime in the future
    Renbimbi will be the reserve currency
    USD will be like UK pound
    AUD will be NZD

16. Skyrocket

I agree with the first bit.

I got a bet with someone here that the Chinese Yuan will be the world reserve currency by 2020.

And USD will be regarded as worthless.

17. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Trump is a politician that so far talked from a nonpower position.
    Politicians tend to exhibit a big difference between blabla before and boomboom post elections.
    I don't know if Trump will be a different case, but I can't see much reason why it would be.
    Just look already at the election talk, before the result of it, he referenced Clinton in all ugly ways avail, and already just after the results he suddenly referenced her in a polite fashion.

Any real gold silver future story should be connected to what general prices do. So far not any serious inflation, and there is also no sight on it, governments rather focus on limiting / banning cash and tax avoidance ways.

18. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

There is little out there that backs your bet, though.

China, Mainland
    Jan 2007 353.6 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20070315.zip
    Jan 2008 492.6 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20080317.zip
    Jan 2009 739.6 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20090316.zip
    Jan 2010 889.0 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20100315.zip
    Jan 2011 1154.7 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20110315.zip
    Jan 2012 1159.5 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20120315.zip
    Jan 2013 1214.2 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20130315.zip
    Jan 2014 1273.5 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20140318.zip
    Mar 2014 1272.1 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/ticrel_20140515.zip
    Dec 2014 1244.3 http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/mfh.txt
    May 2015 1270.3
    Aug 2015 1270.5
    Dec 2015 1246.1
    May 2016 1244.0
    Oct 2016 1115.7

It's clear that China (at least entities acting from there) drastically increased their dollar usage.
    Even if those China based traders would decrease their US Treasuries position back to 2007 level, then what?

19. Skyrocket

My bet is based on what my trusty crystal ball told me ;)