manipulation implication.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by windmill2, Dec 9, 2016.

1. windmill2

windmill2 Member Silver Stacker

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I'm convinced that everything that one can invest their money into is corrupted by some form of cheating, use of insider information to gain the system unfairly, or manipulation in some way, shape, or form.

So whether you're invested in some form of paper, currencies, or in physical commodities, you are virtually guaranteed to be taken advantage by someone else....unless you are one of those taking advantage of the system.

3. windmill2

I agree missing, we are here to help each other, we don't have to like the way things work but reality bites,:) I believe we can work on being a part of the solution

4. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lucky PM is not manipulated like diamonds. A rare gem that every girl has.

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

and can be manufactured in a lab

6. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

I agree, lets show those cartel manipulators we won't stand for their fake suppressed price. I'm willing to make the first step and offer to sell my gold at $10,000, the true price if there wasn't manipulation according to many respected analysts. You can all help by buying it off me.

7. mmissinglink

Bron, I got your number, man....I'm seeing right through you. 10,000's way too cheap....the "real" unmanipulated value is much higher. Maybe you are part of the conspirator class, throwing out seemingly plausible figures all the while further suppressing the "real" value. It's more like silver's "real" value is $10,000 an ounce.....gold, eh....fugetaboutit, my 1 ounce gold bar is worth millions! It's money no matter what planet I might travel to and what races of beings I'll come across!

:D

8. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was successful marketing campaign by De Beers in 1938 that sucked everyone into liking diamonds.

Diamonds Are The World's Biggest Scam?

The entire tradition of giving diamonds as engagement rings turns out to be the most successful marketing campaign in history:

American males enter adulthood through a peculiar rite of passage they spend most of their savings on a shiny piece of rock.

They could invest the money in assets that will compound over time and someday provide a nest egg.

Instead, they trade that money for a diamond ring, which isn't much of an asset at all. As soon as you leave the jeweler with a diamond, it loses over 50% of its value.

Americans exchange diamond rings as part of the engagement process, because in 1938 De Beers decided that they would like us to. Prior to a stunningly successful marketing campaign 1938, Americans occasionally exchanged engagement rings, but wasn't a pervasive occurrence.

Not only is the demand for diamonds a marketing invention, but diamonds aren't actually that rare. Only by carefully restricting the supply has De Beers kept the price of a diamond high.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/diamonds-are-the-worlds-biggest-scam/

9. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What are you talking about Bron. THERE IS NO MANIPULATION! But I'm happy if you want to give me an open ended call option to buy gold at $10,000 :)

10. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Interesting how those who used to proclaim "there is no manipulation", are now saying (since there is no way to deny it) that there is manipulation but it doesn't amount to much volume-wise and is really a non-issue.

Jim

11. mmissinglink

If every market is manipulated then it's a zero sum game and those who claim that only the precious metals market is crooked are only fooling themselves.

Precious metals only conspiracy theories are a losing argument if you understand human nature.

12. Jim4silver

I've never seen anyone say ONLY PM markets are manipulated. The fact that ALL markets are manipulated is not the point. The point is that for YEARS the BS "official investigations" into PM manipulation (here in the US) would say that there was NO manipulation. Now that some of the actual "conspirators" have confessed, the original denier types are now saying, "OK, yes there is manipulation but it really means nothing, etc".

Investigators routinely find illegal activity in other markets and fine the conspirators etc, but never have in PM markets (at least not the large banks/financial institutions) here in the US. That is what makes this discovery important.

PS I don't think there is manipulation simply to keep prices down. I think the manipulation goes both ways. The problem is when such behavior is NEVER exposed and punished and is free to carry on without recourse.

Just my opinion.

Jim

13. windmill2

Ha ha, it's not just the grey hound industry that can sometimes be manipulated, ( with respect):)

14. windmill2

Jim, luv or hate Julian assange, years ago I read up on his philosophy of what he was trying to do, he described a network of world connections being like a 60's nail and colours string picture, often not knowing whom the next nail or connection was in reality, he saw his roll as undermining their power to subvert by exposing them to the light of exposure witch undermines one of their main weapons, yeah he's imperfect like most of us, :) just saying.
    PS my point? He is exposing their behavior! Yes he also is being totally scrutinized, hmm I guess its perspective and he has been in a type of incarceration.
    Much of his youth, health has been sacrificed.

15. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting that those who used to proclaim "there is price suppression", are now ignoring the claim (since there is no way to deny it?) that the complaint against the accused is stated as "artificial price support" and treating it as a non-issue in the pursuit of willing manipulation to exist. :p

16. mmissinglink

"I don't think there is manipulation simply to keep prices down. I think the manipulation goes both ways. The problem is when such behavior is NEVER exposed and punished and is free to carry on without recourse."

I strongly agree with that part. Sadly, virtually everyone that I've come across who claims PM market manipulation has always claimed that the prices are ALWAYS kept down (suppressed).

I can't recall any stacker who has claimed manipulation in the metals market ever stating there's manipulation in any other market....that IS the point. These PM conspiracy theorists spew half baked rhetoric.

As for "officials" claiming no manipulation, that's because they won't without hard evidence. If there was hard evidence and they knew about it and it's their job to point it out but didn't, then they are part of the problem.

As for the ludicrous claim that everyone who doesn't go along with a conspiracy theory is a denier, that's just nutty talk. The way the real world works is that there first has to be hard evidence not merely presuppositions or theories of conspiracy.

I suppose it must be a fun place, the conspiracy theory village.....the villagers get to claim all sorts of speculative rhetoric. And the 1 out of 25 times that the villager happens to be right he thinks he's a specially gifted guy. :lol:

17. Jim4silver

Missinglink,

As far as a conspiracy, haven't you read about DB? They admitted manipulation. They have implicated other institutions from what I have read. Are you denying that is true?

PS Conspiracy means "a secret plan by two or more people to do something unlawful.....". Whenever you address the issue you make the term conspiracy seem like someone talking about ufo aliens visiting them at their house, etc.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ds-alleged-to-show-banks-rigged-silver-prices

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/conspiracy

Just my opinion.

Jim

18. mmissinglink

Jim,

I'm not sure where you've been the past few years, but long before there was hard evidence that DB was involved with manipulation, certain stackers were claiming that the prices of silver and gold are SIGNIFICANTLY depressed by manipulation....without citing hard evidence. And on top of that, the claim was ALWAYS that the price was manipulated very far down.

"Conspiracy theories" is apropos in describing certain stackers' views who make certain claims without any evidence to show for it.

I'm all for unethical and unlawful behavior being exposed but there's way too much presuppositions and uncorroborated claims being made by certain stackers. It's not very different than what we saw on the political discussions.

19. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

20. windmill2

For a lot of people there are varieties of ways of deciding what is best, specifically in this basket of PM's, I don't like to think of wealth investing as gambling but then we all have to take chances.

Personally I appreciate the differing points of view here,

:)