The 4 gold coins? - What is best for me?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Umberto, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Umberto

Umberto New Member

Pardon my (potential)ignorance and bad English, but I am wondering and need some help:

A. There are 4 well known buillion gold coins: Krugerrand, Maple Leaf, American Eagle and Philharmoniker. But how exactly is the distribution among the gold coins in the world? Is it 25% for each coin? Or is it more like 40% Krugerrand and then 20% to the 3 others? (I hope my question makes sense for you)

B. What gold coin is most popular in Europe? Philharmoniker, because it is from Austria?

C. Is it fair to say that Maple Leaf is the most difficult to make a counterfeit giving the laser engrave system on reverse side?

I intend in a distant future to buy a 1 oz gold coin(s) I just don't know what is most safe. I live in Europe and I intend to store them for about 20-30 years if it helps.

Sorry if my conduct here is a bit clumsy

2. whay

whay Well-Known Member

If you are buying for long term wealth preservation. Consider 1 oz Swiss Pamp, Valcambi, or Degussa gold bar. Lower premium than coins.

3. Golden

Golden Member

If you are in europe, than philharmonic is the way to go.

4. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi umberto, if you are in europe, find the most easy accessible coin or bars in your place. Does not need to be any sort off. What ever you feel buying since you are storing for bit long period of time. I travel turkey a lot so i buy gold coins there in my favorite shop. Have fun for the hunt. If worried about counterfeits buy a portable precious metal verifier, it would help and relieve you better than nothing.

5. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

6. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Philarmonics or Maples. The other two are 22Kt and may attract customs fees when you travel with them.

7. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Hold them for 20 - 30 years....long enough to be able to tell your Grandchildren all about the investment that you held on to that could have made you a fortune if you had of sold at the peak.

8. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Very nice to plan 20-30 years if you start at young age.

9. Niccoin

Niccoin New Member

Why you pointed just four! I guess it depends on so many things. And of cause what are you looking for. Much more than 4 coins options