MSM! Laughing Stock of Western World?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by errol43, Nov 22, 2016.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

MSM had better learn quickly about reporting a more balanced approach for politics and war.

Here we have the upper house in NSW issuing a statement regarding Trump which does nothing but degenerate him.. Now that Trump has won and they have egg on their face, will they issue an apology? I think not and if they do will MSM report it?

Why is is that the MSM in the USA were so confident of a Clinton win that they did not present balanced reporting on the election.

In Aleppo Western MSM is only reporting on atrocities in East Apello whilst ignorning atrocities in West Aleppo...Like President Kennedy said "We don't need a wall to keep our people in" Well it seems like the western sponsored rebels in East Aleppo do! Over 1.5 million people in Western Aleppo whilst only .25 million in East Aleppo...Western MSM report 5 hospitals bombed in East Aleppo in unconfirmed reports..Where did the reports come from? Turkey maybe? Schools getting bombed in Western Aleppo but not one picture of the girl with no foot been shown on Western TV.. Yet the poor boy dragged from the rubble gets world wide coverage. Where would you rather live, East or West Aleppo?

The TPP hardly got a mention in Australian MSM except how good it was by Senator Robb...Surely something like the TPP deserves more scrutiny by MSM than issues like Same Sex Marriage. Never in Australia has so much secrecy been given to the TPP...Now that it is dead in the water, silence will soon become the order of the day.

The internet has changed forever the way people get their news and if the MSM does not start to give a balanced approach and not the views of the Corporations that own them, then their slow demise is imminent.

Regards Errol 43

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

The MSM bet its cred on the US election, and lost.

No credibility, no morality, no standards.

JMO

OC

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought the TPP was dead. Got an email from GetUp this morning.

[​IMG]

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

You know what Errol? I reckon the observation that the major media outlets are only only relevant as a propaganda outlet is actually an observation that they have lost any relevance as a source of trusted information. So I pose this question:

"Is the turning of the MSM to propaganda a market response (symptom) of their loss of relevance and position of trust, or the cause?"

I suggest they have to balance their payroll somehow and this is just a symptom of their continued and accelerated decline.

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

I fully expect that the worlds MSM, and the US in particular, will spend every day of the next 4 years trying to white ant Trump.

"Investigative Journalists' (HA!) will search records for every word Trump has uttered since he left kindergarten to try and undermine him.

If I was him I would stop those 'press briefings' they give and issue press releases instead.

JMNHO

OC

7. SteveS

SteveS Member

Absolutely. Just look at Tony Abbott's time as PM. The MSM was unrelenting in its attacks, which went from plain old disrespectful to outright, unhinged hate.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I dont think the msm will have a slow demise.

They will always be around theres always enough gullible people to swallow the puke they put forth everyday .

Even if free to air TV died tomorrow they would just attract the same viewing audience online. They have their foot firmly in the online world already.
    The plebs love a bit of sensationalism ,drama, anticipation & feel good stories they run.

They may have to sprinkle a bit more truth in amongst it in the coming years as more people wake up .

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member