2016 Nanjing Mint Panda Medal Release

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by KeepOnTrying!, Jul 12, 2016.

1. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Got my package today!

2. golden-lord

golden-lord New Member

Hey Jens,

did u still waiting?
    i want my antique silver :)

3. numistacker

numistacker Member

I got one Silver but 3 x Silver and 1 x Antique have not shown yet in the UK

4. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Got two copper and brass medals OMP. Sent to NGC. All scored PF70's Early Releases. Sold a pair and keeping the other pair. Sold one silver and one antique silver OMP on eBay. Sent some to NGC. I like those medals.

My antique copper and brass medals scored PF68. I currently plan to keep them.

I hope everyone is doing fine with theirs. Best wishes.

5. Jens

Jens New Member

Got mine yesterday, very nice.

6. numistacker

numistacker Member

So it was you who was doing all the ebay sales )) I think you could have got slightly more for them. I got 2 x69's and a 70 for my copper! Have two more to send this week. Brass 1 x 69 and 2 x 70 and 69 for copper antique and 70 for brass antique. Quite variable grading success - silver yet to come.

7. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Yes, I know I could have asked for more but I was trying (hard) to do what I preach which is to leave some money on the table for whoever buys your coin/medal. That allows that individual to gain some additional premium with time.

I am still new at selling my coins. My perspective may change with time!

8. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another panda will release within this year by Nanjing mint which sponsor by us. 2 or 3 resellers will sell in eBay.

It likely to be bimetallic with 199 mintage. All resellers have been allocated the resell quantity.

20 to 30 pcs will sell to China customers who are the strong supporter of trimetalic series. 65 allocate to Malaysia market. 10 to 20 pcs Singapore market. The balances are to overseas.

9. perfulator

perfulator Member

Great news! And as usual you guys make an effort in giving different markets and cultural segments the opportunity to buy the it. I think that is important for long time acceptance and appreciation. Different models are fine, give buyers and sponsors options, but for me I prefer this model as I'm too lazy to do the fast flipping game and rather look 15-20 years ahead. Although nothing wrong with it, I don't think internal hoarding is the best concept in that perspective.... Only time will tell...

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't like the model where 1 dealer gets all the pieces. That's just doesn't appear (from my eyes only) to be a good model in which prices can find a natural market prices. It's easier for a big dealer to minipulate prices when they own the whole hoard or a major amount. I agree with the person who said, these should be priced so that those who bought have an opportunity to sell at a higher price, if they choose to do so. But if something comes out at 600.00 like the 1 oz ANA Anaheim medals, the chances of price appreciation of the medium to long term is slim to none, in my humble opinion. And now prices are starting to drop on those. And there's still a ton for sale. I just think it would make more sense to start off low, and get these into the hands of as many as possible, then let the market forces dictate the price.

The next bi-metallic should be really nice!!

11. andrewlee10

Pricing is a hard decision. Uber and didi compete each other in China. They price down to force the traditional taxi model loss market share to them. The next step lobby government allow them to do business in the country. Than didi and uber burning money every second to compete each other's and take up more traditional taxi market share.

Uber spent at least 2 billion to fight with didi and others in China. In the end they give up and seek for peace with didi.

Sponsor of medal also can do the same strategy. Burning money to capture marke share and make others leave the business. This have been happened in China. There are few hundred medal resellers in China 5 years ago and it become less than 100 now.

I personally do not believe price competition bring all good to the industry. It will kill off sponsor and resellers to leave the market if no decent margin available.

I also do not view whale price concept which make collectors not accessible to the items.

Sponsor must have a good coordination and controlling role to play. Link all supply chain as one from mint till end customer. Make the product looks good and as collectors demand. Develop a trust reselling network and control the selling price. Not allow resellers to dump price to compete with other resellers. This has happened recently which one reseller sell Hou Hu silver medal at lower than mint suggested price and yet to sell at volume and higher than last medal. This make mint furious and piss to reprimand the reseller.

Ensure stability of the product price and increase gradually with more collector base is also crucial.

I am still working on those model and intend to find more same minded and trusted resellers in Europe.

12. perfulator

perfulator Member

I wish this was read by everyone who think it's such a great idea to push prices down until there are no margin for mint or sponsors. It is happening and everyone seem to be blind because of short term happiness. Unfortunately it fits well with general trends in society...

13. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

My antique silver medal got a PF69. Has anyone got or heard of a PF70? Thanks.

14. andrewlee10

;)
    Yes there is of70 for silver antique with ngc. I cannot disclose the owner name.