1 oz Silver ANA ANAHEIM

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Oct 5, 2016.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

2. Jens

Jens New Member

Thank you my friend, i think that price for a 70 is very reasonable.

3. barsenault

Any time my friend. And I just found this code for $10.00 off works too! 10off100. We know everyone does NOT loves this coin, but obviously a lot do, to be buying these PF 70's for 500.00 plus, and more than a few times!! lol

4. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Collectors bought at 500 will feel cheated

5. barsenault

Yooooo Andrew!! Yes, indeed, you and I wont' feel cheated, we'll sell ours for $500.00. :D. Plus, not many know about this special price. Only those who are on their list. You can't see this special price on their website publicly. So, when they go back to selling this piece for 488.00, these folks won't know any better.

6. Bosse68

Bosse68 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just hoping that they still have some
    I just put in an order :)

7. golden-lord

golden-lord New Member

Great Price and great Thread. Good Price in the morning is a good start in the new day :) Have ordered one too.

Have MCM sold the 50 Gram too with a low Price?

8. numistacker

numistacker Member

Thanks for the link. I had no plans to buy one but at this price I just about made the case for it. At least if I get bored I can sell it for $500 ))

9. Jens

Jens New Member

I don't think you can actually lose money if you buy at that price and sit on it for a while but i have been wrong in the past, anyway i bought one and i'm happy :p

10. barsenault

by the way, if anyone is interested. I found a coupon code for MCM. 10off100. Save $10.00. Have a great weekend.

11. Bosse68

Bosse68 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am interested in the code
    How long is it active?

12. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

That's the thing with medals... The price starts out high out of the gate then plummet like a rock. Dealers are dumping inventory to raise cash due to spot drop. Good luck gentlemen!

13. andrewlee10

Trimetalic series Nanjing mint and panda lunar series never fall below release price. Only up and never down.

Those price start high than down always are panda medals sponsor by westerners. Fun fair panda, Smithsonian panda and this again.

14. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

All medals are not created equal!

Newbies have to spend time to discover what works.

Unfortunately, it is usually the new collectors who get burnt when outfits such GovMint whaleprice their customers without regards to maintenance of the value of coins they sell.

GovMint and MCM's marketing tactics do damage to the reputation and value of the coins and medals they shakedown.

15. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

I am not an expert obviously but IMO coins with significant numismatic premiums including medals have to be approached on a case by case basis. Some are good buys whilst others bomb. It is critical to fine tune the mintage and issue price of each. I believe it is better to sellout your coins/medals within a shirt time so that all collectors and investors can share in the ride upwards. Even in the best of situations the premium increase slows down somewhere down the line but even then buyers need to be reassured that the price of the the coin will not plummet.

The Hong Kong Expo Pandas of 1984 - 1988 have kept their value, for example (I think so).

16. andrewlee10

Both are same owner which majority shareholder is same person.

17. andrewlee10

There are many well known author and monthly China coins and medals subscription news which cost money to tell you the information. Nno free lunch available at the moment as like the most general comment n bullion coins. Older Panda bullion coins Price information also not free lunch.

18. barsenault

The Lunar Panda, Expo, and Nanjing, as examples are good, because they are priced right out of the gate, and have a low mintage, look nice, high relief, and appreciate in price over time. The dealers of these medals, really do strive to sell at a price that is reasonable, so when they need to sell, they can make money. Whereas these medals from MCM and Govtmint start out ridiculously high, and then drop like a rock in a short order (minus the moon pandas - so far). I can't imagine how the folk are feeling, who bought the ANA for 500.00, or 600 from the same company, who then sells them for $200.00 in a short while later. I think MCM, and Govt mint need to get their acts together to have any chance at having me/us as customers. Those folks will probably never get their $500.00 back on the ANA 1 oz. Just not a chance. I feel bad. I'm happy that I purchased the 1 oz and 50g at a great price, because I like them...but they are going in the treasure box. I don't need to sell them. One is going to my business partner. I think the problem with this show medal is when one company like MCM or Govtmint gets all or most of the mintage; These should really get spread out among dealers around the world, for them to sell to their customers. When one company gets all or most, there is pressure to have to sell the inventory, so they drop the price like a rock to move product. Yikes!!

19. picturefun

picturefun Member

that is where the "Monopoly" coming from. :lol: One cannot have the monopoly of anything unless he gets ALL or the most of the supply :D

20. andrewlee10

We set a rule which max 5% Of total mintage can go to same customer during pre sell. We do not hope one collectors hoard the medal.