My 1st Bagger.. GMC - Gulf Manganese Corp

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by miniroo, Aug 5, 2016.

1. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ASX Announcement
    8 September 2016

Gulf Secures Additional Funding to Progress Kupang Smelting Hub
    Gulf Manganese Corporation Limited (ASX: GMC) ('Gulf' or 'the Company') advises that it has
    completed a $1 million raising to provide additional working capital, as the Company continues to
    progress towards the development of its Kupang Smelting Hub Project in West Timor, Indonesia.

Gulf raised circa $1 million via the placement of 70 million shares at 1.5c per share, with an attaching
    2 for 1 listed option (GMCO). The issue of the attaching listed options will be subject to shareholders
    approval. Triple C Consulting acted as the lead manager for the placement which was heavily
    oversubscribed.

Following the recent securing of a potential cornerstone investor (see ASX release 5 August 2016), the
    Company has received significant interest from a number of strategic investors. As a result, Gulf has
    taken this opportunity to secure additional funding in order to provide the requisite financial flexibility
    prior to the receipt of final site approvals.

Furthermore, the Company wishes to advise that discussions with relevant authorities regarding the
    securing of all remaining site approvals for Kupang are progressing well, in order for the cornerstone
    investor to proceed. Further updates on the progress of these discussions will be provided in due
    course

Current 1.5c
    end of the day? should be back to 1.8c, maybe 2c

2. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

this is going to pop big time as soon as the next ann' comes in with permits.
    then when the 9.8m comes in it will go nuts
    then more stuff happening.

everyday it's been climbing a pip, big buys, up to 2.2c now.
    wowie

LovingtheSilver, you still holding?
    if I didn't have so much in it i'd be buying more!

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

My crystal ball says it will be 2c tomorrow!

OC

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Actually, I think I can beat that - sort of!

Way back when I first dipped my foot into the world of share buying, I read a copy of 'Australian Personal Investor' It had a essay on "Shares that we think will double in the next year".

One of them was a small Melbourne company called 'Datacraft'. They were 11c at the time, and I bought 10,000 shares. Over the next 3 years or so they wandered about from 9c to 13c and never really did much.

They staggered back to 14c once, and I sold the lot to make a tiny profit. Within a month they received a takeover offer of THREE DOLLARS a share!

GROAN!

OC

5. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes miniroo, I'm still holding. As you mentioned above waiting for permit and 9.8 million to come through. Options have done well recently, wish I grabbed some when they were at 1.1-1.2. Contemplating offloading my AVL shares into GMC/O but will hold out a bit longer. Let's hope that the permit comes through soon then we can watch it launch.