Help! ordering from apmex!

Discussion in 'Gold' started by KidStacker, Sep 10, 2016.

1. KidStacker

KidStacker New Member

Hi, if anyone could help me with this that would be great.
    Just ordered a 1/4 gold eagle from APMEX to be shipped here to NSW. Just realised after they sent me an email that I might have to pay some sort of fee or tax. I have been researching but cant find if I need to fill out a form or anything. I know that bullion that is 99.5 or 999 fine is acceptable with no GST, but still cant find what is done if you ship in gold that is 22karat. The american eagles are not classed as precious metals or bullion for investment on the dep of immigration and border protection site. If anyone has brought in eagles into Australia any help would be appreciated thanks :)

https://www.border.gov.au/Factsheets/Documents/importingpreciousmetalcoinsandbullions.pdf

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

If it's under $1000 AUD including postage then there's no GST to pay. Ordinarily that is a GST inclusive item.

Did you really just want a gold eagle? Surely it would have been cheaper to buy a quarter ounce Roo or similar from an Australian dealer by the time you pay postage.

3. KidStacker

KidStacker New Member

Ok thanks, so you do mean I can import anything that is under 99.5 fine as long as its under $1000?

And yes, I know i'm paying a lot more because its an eagle and from the us, but for years now I have been craving for one and its my favourite bullion coin so really want it :)

Thns for the reply :)