The New Silver to Gold Ratio?..... 160:1

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by mmissinglink, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It always interested me why "free silver" or Coinage Act of 1873 act was considered good for the people?

The most significant winner of this act was the silver tycoons who were the 2nd most powerful group of people other than the the rail barons and with this act they grew to the same level?

As for the 160:1 pffft when someone writes something and takes out a component ie Dolores mine because it doesn't suit his analysis, well anyone can do that, at least he admitted it.

Also since majority of gold and silver is a byproduct, it will be mined regardless as a byproduct for the primary ore.

ie Looking at the same ore sample... in a huge tenements
    Newmont gold/silver miner might come to the conclusion hmm only has .01gram gold or 10g silver per ton of rocks not worth it.
    BHP copper division looking at the same ore might say, Jackpot look at that 10kg of copper per tonne. Mine this as a priority - byproduct bonus 500milion ounces of Silver/gold over the life of the mine.

Also silver and gold in copper/lead/zinc etc is the norm not the exception.

Unless we are running out of copper, zinc and lead, there are plenty of gold and silver that is not economical to mine as a primary source which will keep getting produced more and more as the primary copper, zinc and lead prices go up as they start to deplete in few hundred years time.

Look up and google Great Sulphur Pyramids... no one mines for sulphurs but we mine it everyday... there are many of these pyramids dotted around the world.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.southernfriedscience.com...f-the-largest-man-made-pyramid-on-the-planet/

3. bubbleboy

bubbleboy Member

As the gold:silver ratio has been dropping this year, I knew there was a reason I wanted to swap more silver into gold. Gold: the metal of kings (and central banks)