For some strange reason.......

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SteveS, Aug 17, 2016.

1. SteveS

SteveS Member

I've had a bit of fun starting my PM stack, mixing up items of low premium with a few aesthetics. I have some (new) coins, small gold minted bars, larger minted silver bars and a half-kilo silver bar. There hasn't been much logic or sense applied.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all, so I've steered clear of higher premium numismatics. Not having a clue about them is another good reason to stay away.

Anyway, I can't really explain it but my favourite purchase so far is a bunch of ordinary 2016 Perth Mint 1oz Silver Kangaroos. They're nothing special, as I'm sure you guys know, but for some reason, they just feel like good old reliable money, something I could rely on.

I like the Royal Canadian Mint 10oz minted silver bars I bought - a nice combination of shiny, and chunky - and I have a couple of 2oz Silver Dragons which look very fancy, but I keep going back to my Bag of Roos!

2. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

just keep buying. You'll be right. I think at higher prices to buy generic low premium crap and buy the lunars a when the price drops again.

3. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

I agree, just sold all my lunars so I can buy low premium stuff

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They are my new favorite 10oz bars. Will be going to GS this week to pick up my next batch that came in from back order.

5. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

Agreed. The Royal Canadian Mint and Perth Mint make my favourite 10oz Bars. Oh wait, forgot the Scottsdale Tombstones?

6. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep. Hard to explain until you get there. I got a whole bunch of nice semi-numismatics and collections but it''s the stack of low premium generic buffalo rounds that I seem to have a soft spot for. They are nothing special but they just feel good to have for the same reason :)

7. r1lee

r1lee New Member

I do like 1oz bars over 1oz coins. I only have maple leafs coins, and generic Morgan bars and for some reason the bars feel like money to me and I really enjoy looking at these basic Morgan's.

On higher weights, I do enjoy my 1kg coins over my 1kg bars.

8. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

I dont' have any bars, but I know when I see 1oz gold bars, I fall in love. I'm sure the same goes for Silver.

I do enjoy holding my 10oz kooks from time to time. But, a 1kg must be amazing!