what would you sell first

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silvertracker, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Do you think they'll gonna hang their nose above the ground to grab coins, giving you the time to do something to prevent their theft?
    That scenario only occurs in movies! :D

About throwing, won't knock out someone with a fistful of dollars... err ase's.
    But with a kg coin or bar and good aiming, there's a fat chance one's nose gets as red as those that listen to Radio SilverDoctors.
    I also said "throw", not "toss", the latter is for the friendly gaming. Also ok but that's a scenario from a football forum not this one.

2. Pirocco

The real question is how many times you gonna repeat that with a knife on your throat. :)

3. Pirocco

He's old so probably in the back of a Zerohedge bus to a newbie that thinks that the metal will protect his virginity into eternity.

4. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

Hmmm.... Looking at how the price is going, does anyone think now is a good time to sell part of the stack?

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Depends on what your reasoning to sell is.

6. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

Might be able to make some profit from a drop of a few dollars

7. Pirocco

If you don't, more others may do it before you and when price is a few dollars less you gonna ask again. :D

8. ryan71

ryan71 Member

Sell for fiat? If silver goes up so high I want to sell, it probably means fiat is in big trouble. I'll trade for land and other tangibles.

9. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

If fiat is in "big trouble" do you really think someone with a working brain will trade you land and tangibles for blobs and chunks of metal? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Pirocco

If "big trouble" refers to serious general price risings, I'd say ppl accept anything but fiat. It's harder to buy bread with land than with blobs and chunks of a metal that has been used before in that fashion, for the same reason.
    At least I would... LOL. Just imagine that nobody accepts fiat anymore, and all you have is tangibles, and you want gas for the car. What are you gonna show to the gas seller? A guitar?

11. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

I've always been curious about the land part. If the gov't says you own the land and there's no gov't, then what land do you actually own? I really don't get why people say own land, you've basically giving a huge lump sum back to the bank making them more solvent and paying property taxes. So if there's no more taxes, no more gov't. Who says you actually own what you do? You? Unless you have a survey team or its already fenced off, who's to say a group of bandits won't claim your property? The whole idea of shtf, even if you live in suburbia, is that cities will be pillaged and raided for supplies so what benefit does owning land actually do for you? There has to be a governing body that enforces the right to ownership.

blobs you can at least carry. Skills are what pays the bills. If blobs are the preservation of wealth, then skills are the generators of wealth even if fiat crashes.

What i would sell first is probably all the useless crap i have sitting around.
    Then war nickels and 40%, cant' stand that stuff
    sell my capacity to do work
    If that wasn't sufficient, then stuff i don't like goes first.

12. Pirocco

Your post is a school example of the wider scope one should look at things.
    There is now a government-driven push to make people store everything electronically on remote servers.
    For ex since a couple years or so several companies that I'm customer of (bank, internet provider, by State forced insurances, etc) tell me that I should create an account at some electronic storage provider, that turned out to be a cooperation between government and several of its interest group organisations.
    If I would say yes to all, I would not have any proof of anything anymore in my own hands. I would be dependent on them.
    And it wouldn't even require that kinda "SHTF" scenario, just some erasing by government of certain "rights", under the excuse of antiterrorism / racism / whatever they can make it.
    So at some point, I decided to minimalize my dependencies on remote / uncontrolled entities / centralities. I use cash as much I'm allowed / can, have some mechanical clocks, led dynamo lights, candles, bottles with water, and anything that I can buy now instead of later. As a 'just in case' / backup for the "normal"-dependent-on things.
    So it's precisely like you say. Some see an end of a currency as a doomsday / day where the world ends or so. That is just not true. Enough people are able to cope with alot crap including government / whoever that threatens their life, and those that weren't initially, will quickly be, hard lesson or not.
    The topic asks for the obvious, just like Greshams observation should be obvious. They name his observation a "Law". But lol, a law gets dictated, the sell order worst to best chose people by themselves, they don't need a law to force them to sell the crap first. Rather the contrary: they would violate laws to do so.

13. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

The electronic part just makes things more organized. Government in general doesn't know what to do with all the information. The private companies that make sense of all the data is why this is being driven. This is not a bad thing, in the past, you could lose your identity if there was a fire in one of the state or federal department buildings that housed your original records. It was significantly easier to falsify data and make you disappear back then as well. In every day and age it doesn't really matter. When you have stuff electronically, you can take screen captures and trending information. There are enough 3rd party aggregators that connect to the banks and download data, you could do it yourself as well. You could do the classic printouts what not but going electronic does not mean more control, its the same control with a clear picture of your behavior that ultimately a computer and not a really a human looks at. They would only look at you if you fit a certain criteria. For you to go off the grid would be different. Instead, it would be easier and better to stay within boundries and common behavior patters so you blend in with the general population vs. trying to disappear which will ultimately have a better chance at flagging you. lol. Think of it as camouflage in data. If you have typical patterns, you disappear in the billions of transactions. Remember these computers and algorithms are looking for outliers. People complain the gov't is slow and error prone, paper processing is why that is true.

14. Pirocco

Of course one can take screenshots and print them etc. If State wipes out a 500 euro banknote then one can use 5 100 euro banknotes. If State puts a heavy tax on cigarettes one can roll tobacco into paper too.
    Get the point? They inflict inefficiency burdens / time / cost if you try to circumvent what they wanna push.
    And there is nothing private about the company types I listed. Their existence is State sponsored / forced. Even the internet provider, has as 50% shareholder the local government.
    You state here that government doesn't know what to do with all the information. If all what you do is recorded on a central place, then you have a single database, allowing the easiest data searching / selection possible.
    Camouflage in data? Typical patterns? Their input is your name, their output is all that sits on the remote / central database. Your name gets attached to any move you make. For ex with cash money it isn't. That's why they gradually cap it more and more. Forbidding cash transactions above 10000, 3000, 1000?

How can you not recognize this? They can nearly write your diary in your place, by simply listing all the identity-attached moves you make. Paycard at supermarket. Login at sites. Never noticed how much sites nowadays have trackers? How nearly all pass to Google? Some weeks ago I've read articles in the newspaper about persons (criminals/terrorists), wherein data appeared that Google recorded. Look at the censoring nowadays on internet. Where Google filters search results based on government directions. Where internet providers refuse certain sites access based on government directions. Where internet routing dns records are rerouted to block sites.
    Clearly, governments know what to do and are processing those billions records. That's what a central database facilitates: input can be any field. If they want to know who watches Simpsons all they have to do is enter Simpsons for a certain database record or field token, and they get a list of names, on which they can then perform further filtering.

So lol, giving government and other criminals as least data as possible, appears to me as the way to put a brake on the (further) crap they (might) want to inflict you.
    Do you trust organisations that dictate you? I don't. If there is one organisation in the world that isn't to be trusted, it's a government. Just look at history. It's infested with government inflicted crap, worlds wars included. Do you think it's different today?
    Government, is only slow and error prone in what they do BACK as excuse for their theft. For the theft themselves, they ofcourse DO have the motivation.
    Look at their central banks, their biggest theft organizers. I pasted in recently in another topic.
    The Federal Reserve. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/ "Download, graph, and track 390,000 US and international time series from 79 sources. "
    The EBankscope is the most comprehensive, global database of banks' financial statements, ratings and intelligence.

Bankscope combines comprehensive financial statements with a wide range of other banking intelligence including ratings, an analysis model, bank structures, news, AML documentation and banking research. Its coverage of banks is unique. Bankscope has information on 32,000 banks and is the definitive tool for bank research and analysis.uropean Central Bank http://www.eui.eu/Research/Library/ResearchGuides/Economics/Statistics/DataPortal/ECB.aspx
    Take a look here: https://bankscope.bvdinfo.com/version-201689/home.serv?product=scope2006
    "Bankscope is the most comprehensive, global database of banks' financial statements, ratings and intelligence.

Bankscope combines comprehensive financial statements with a wide range of other banking intelligence including ratings, an analysis model, bank structures, news, AML documentation and banking research. Its coverage of banks is unique. Bankscope has information on 32,000 banks and is the definitive tool for bank research and analysis."

That's what their toplevel (central banks) do.
    Be sure that national banks have similar national data of local banks.
    And local banks similar data of their customers.
    Replace "bank" with whatever you're (forced) customer of...

So to me, it looks like the opposite of what you say: camouflage is NOT sitting on a pointed to place with a flag above it with your name on it lol. That's where you give them the criteria to find you.

15. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

I'm not talking about screen caps/printing althought you could do that. It's much easier to download into a program or standard csv format and into excel. You are kinda missing the point, if you follow a standard pattern, yes they will have your information, but why would you stand out? Why would anyone care who you are, unless you do something to raise flags. Cash transactions are also not forbidden, you just need to work within the rules. To me, your lack of transactions makes you stand out from the population vs. removing yourself. If you have a bank account, work, and pay bills, you are already in a system. This doesn't even include your online activity.

I don't know where you're from, but most corps aren't owned 50% by gov't and google while they work with them isn't owned by the government. If you noticed the controlling share holders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, 50% of the controlling share, Sergey, is Russian born. As a conspiracy theorist, wouldn't it be more accomodating if Sergey was secretly funneling traffic to the Russians? or better Yet, Sergey IS the Russian hacker that hacked the DNC! The US gov't does not have a central database for everything as is seen in ANY major disaster here. There's a lot of friction between departments and lots of walls against information sharing. The CIA | FBI | ATF | NSA don't really search each others database and who in the gov't could even remotely be smart enough to organize the data for human readability.

Clearly, you think trying to hide by going off the grid is going to help, which it is not. You are online so your presence and identity is known to people. I just advocate hiding in plain sight. There are many wealthy public personas that talk about doomsday, jim faber, mike maloney, bear grylls, discovery/tlc channel, etc that all advocate survival. The gov't is looking for people, but for me, I'm not special. I'm just another id in a database. Theres only really a handful of companies that could do what you are saying and one decided not to play ball with the US gov't. I agree though that our information is tracked, but mainly to be sold, not used to identify us specifically for a nefarious purpose. Could they? Yes, but it'd be much simpler to frame you by planting drugs at your place or just taking you out. Why are you and the other 7 billion people so special? Really only a fraction of a percent is who the gov't might care about in world, all are much wealthier or more dangerous than you and I.

If you look at why gov't fall, its usually abuse of power, corruption, or a weak military. If you look at why they succeed and are needed, its quite easy to see why gov't is needed.

16. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

I'd sell my collection of Buffalo Nickels...roughly 400 of them, then I'd sell my ASE collection of around 500 followed by my 2011 10oz Kookaburra's (50). if 1400 ounces isn't enough, I'd probably get a second job and divorce the wife!

17. Pirocco

Trying going off a grid?
    What I try is,
    to be independent
    since independency is
    freedom.
    Governments do all they can to make it harder to escape their theft.
    And they became smarter than brutality (ex soldiers demanding a part of a farmers harvest)
    Instead, they steal in indirect ways, as to avoid being recognized as the thief.
    In disguised and gradual ways, as to make even unclear that a theft is going on.
    People see then consequences as causes, and do not see that there was an earlier, primary cause.

Governments, typically steal from bigger population parts to sponsor smaller population parts.
    That is, because the amount stolen per head is then minimal, which makes it easier to remain unclear, undetected, unrecognized.
    So, governments prime job then is: collecting data. All those reporting duties, what do you think that is?
    Well, that pushing towards central data storage, acts precisely like that.
    No reporting duties, nothing forced, just pushed, gentle and gradually, inflicting those that don't want hassle and crap.

Well mister government fan, I refuse.
    Instead, I make it as hard for them as I can, leaving them as sole remaining way, brute force, thereby showing us their ugly thieves face! :D

18. Pirocco

1) maplemilkleafspots in sealed box back to dealer.
    2) common bullion with weirdoe currencies like armenia dram etc
    3) kilo animals I don't like
    3) philharmonikers
    4) silver eagles
    5) kilo animals I do like
    6) 10 kilo coin
    7) foreign 90% junk
    8) libertads oz's and kilo's
    9) local 90% junk
    10) ideologically themed coins.

9) and 10) may be freebies returns to nonstate/unpaid ppl that help me as freebie through my old days.

Aside of all above, I'll do my best to directly use them to pay / give, without fiat inbetween.
    Then I can die while showing my middlefinger to State. :D

19. lukemarshall

lukemarshall Member Silver Stacker

Sux I wouldn't be able to sell anything becase of that unfortunate boating accident...

20. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

you have a 10 kilo coin? Really?