If stacking for security, when will you spend it?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by SteveS, Aug 7, 2016.

1. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

So your reading a single blog 5 minutes a day makes you so sure about future events, how exactly?

2. SilverDJ

You do know you have 100% control of your super right? You can even start a SMSF and have it all sitting in gold bars in your basement if you want.

3. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

No - but it adds to everything else that I read on a regular/daily basis with many voices saying the same thing (and about different things also)

Seriously I dare you to try it just for 1 week - the 1 week challenge :D

I have 2 other commentaries that I follow with more credence to me but if I told you would :rolleyes:

Anyway take the 1 week challenge starting today if you have not already :) you will be richer for the experience.

I am 100% sure that this world is done for as we know it and you don't need to a scholar to see it,the signs are everywhere if you even have the slightest desire to look and the courage to just accept the very real possibility to consider it could be so.

Call me :mad: but don't call me late for dinner :)

4. SilverDJ

They won't help on a daily basis.
    Forget about the idea that some have that people will trade it for stuff and will lose confidence in paper currency, they won't. 99% of the population knows nothing about what gold and silver is worth and will not trade it, even in a crisis.
    For a crisis you really need cash, that will be the most useful thing. if you stack PM's then you should also stack cash.
    Used to selling your PM's at local dealer and through your forum buddies? Good luck doing that during a real crisis when they need the cash themselves to get by. There is very good chance that PM's will be un-tradeable in a crisis. Look at what happened in Greece with people lining up and ATM's and daily withdrawal restrictions, and IIRC people had to drive over the border to sell their PM's?
    Yes, PM's might be good to have if there is inflation etc, but you'll have to convert it to currency at the time to do anything useful with it.

Think the economy will suddenly collapse and cash is worthless? It doesn't happen like it, it takes a long-ish time for a currency to go bust, and event you can see coming a mile away.

5. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ah, the illusion of purpose. We had an interesting thread about this a few months back.. Personally I'm fine with life having no meaning except whatever meaning I give it.

6. BBQ

BBQ Member

You can't escape fees. You can't escape thier laws. To make anything worthwhile you have to have a lot of $$$$ to manage. We once had 100% control of our savings. We don't any longer. There are too many thieves who want a piece of it. These thieves are regulating it and profiting from it.

7. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

how far back in history do you need to go to have no fees? Even the earliest coins be it cooper, bronze, gold and silver had fees.
    Gold dug out of the ground wasn't money unless it was minted. Because no one trusted a stranger if its purity.

So no fees, why should it be free? Do you work for free?
    Think of super as your pension, you never had access to it in the past, you at least have some control.
    In the past everyone got basically the same, now the more you put in the more you get out. Much fairer.

8. SilverDJ

Do you actually have a SMSF?
    You do know that it's not hard to get a return that pays for the super fees, right? (i.e. you make money, not lose money)
    You do know that if you are self employed that you don't have to pay yourself super, right? (so you can "escape" their laws)

9. SilverDJ

It can be even better than that with a SMSF. If you have your own company then you can buy commercial property in your SMSF and lease it to your company. Quite tax and cash flow advantageous.

10. BBQ

BBQ Member

What 'work'? I want to be able to DO AS I PLEASE with my savings, including having nobody else touch it. And by nobody I mean nobody taking a cent, plus absolute, fine-grained control over where every cent is invested. Not this 'my super fund' rubbish, where you have zero control over where the thieves use it.

I prefer to think of superannuation as another tool by which funds are easily seized under all manner of pretenses, with a select few can make billions on by controlling it all. Because that's exactly what is happening and what will happen.

We have lost the ability to do as we please with our savings, all so the few can profit off our backs. 99.9% of the population leaves their superannuation alone, by my estimates. That means big profits for the few and absolutely no control over where our money goes. Mandatory superannuation benefits the few on the backs of the many. Funds out of sight, out of mind. Let the thieves have a play with your savings. Collect your crumbs. Make it all too complex for Average Joe to navigate. Regulate and regulate some more. Absolute rights violation.

11. SilverDJ

What part of self managed super fund do you not understand?
    You own the company, you just have to pay fees to maintain the company and perpwork (or you can do it yourself if you really want).
    It's your money, you can have gold bars stacked in your basement if you want. Yes there are legal limits on what you can do, but it is your money, they don't take a cent of it unless you make a profit and then you are taxed on the profit.

Then have gold bars stacked in your basement. If they come around asking for them, "oops, sorry, I was careless and lost them overboard in a boating accident".

Why don't you quit complaining and get yourself a SMSF then?

12. SteveS

SteveS Member

The unit value of my super (i.e. the growth achieved by the fund's expert (?) investment managers rather than my own contributions), was 1.6% over the past twelve months. That's worse than putting it in the bank and less than real inflation.

13. BBQ

BBQ Member

a few points to consider:
    * you cannot avoid fees or administration requirements. I don't care if you profit to cover fees. My savings should be 100% under my control. For me 100% control means not a single cent going to fund managers.
    * your savings are subject to all future law changes (and just wait to see what is coming there). If you trust it will be left alone, you might be in for a surprise.
    * you declare everything.
    * if you are an employer you are playing by their Superannuation rules again (rules that have changed and are subject to change)
    * we have lost the ability to set aside exactly how much we deem necessary for savings (including zero if need be), and we cannot avoid thieves and crooks making money off our money. Money is tied up that would be better be left for our purposes.
    * far less control over our savings plus admin rules and admin fees means far more reliance on thieves and crooks where once they had no role. End-result: our savings need 'experts' to manage for 99.99% of the population. I should have the freedom to choose whether or not I want this. I don't.

Mandatory superannuation benefits the few on the backs of many, while each day we lose a little more control over our OWN SAVINGS.

14. brexitbaby

brexitbaby New Member

You shouldn't worry about the - SMSF - you should be much more concerned about the - SHTF :lol:

15. SilverDJ

Obviously you do not have a SMSF or know how one operates.
    There is no fund manager involved, you own the company that controls the money, you get to decide what is done with that money (subject to super law), and you can even do your own tax return and SMSF paperwork etc saving the cost of someone to do it for you.

If you are self employed then you don't have to contribute to super.

What's that got to do with your own super?

Yes you can, get a SMSF! :rolleyes:

Sure, but instead of complaing do something about it by getting your own SMSF

16. BBQ

BBQ Member

Yes, not the best choice of words. There are fees involved. And your savings will confiscated in due course (just wait). And you're still playing by their rules. And millions are directly or indirectly supporting crooks with their savings (through their super fund). Self-managed? Most people had that ages ago...but it wasn't called a Super fund: it was called Mattress Fund & there were no minimum contributions and no rules enforced by the government.

17. SilverDJ

If you hate super so much then become self employed and you'll never have to pay super ever again.

18. SilverDJ

For the super fund itself, no, only the cost involved in maintaining the company structure required for the SMSF if you chose to do the paperwork yourself.

Not going to happen.
    But if you are that paranoid then do what I said, open a SMSF, buy gold, and bury it on your backyard. That is completely legal. If they come asking for it, oops, it fell overboard while you were out boating. There is no real law against being careless and losing your SMSF money, you just have to document that you are taking that risk.
    You keep complaining about something you have almost complete control over, but it seems that you refuse to contemplate the SMSF option.

19. BBQ

BBQ Member

And there it is. I don't care to play by their rules with MY MONEY. Mattress Fund was so much simpler. My savings. My rules. Zero outward cash spent on 'maintaining' anything. Zero documentation. Zero learning curve (unless I want to learn on my own terms and invest where I see fit). Zero worries. Zero hassles. Zero changed rules. Zero minimum requirements. Funds not tied up.

Baby steps, wait and see.

Almost complete control versus complete control (and subject to countless changes as time goes on). A violation of a basic right: for man to control his destiny through his finances; to use them as he sees fit and to make changes he sees fit with maximum freedom. No minimums siphoned out. No documentation. No outside validation or administration. No rules to study. No crooks or thieves to feed on the stock market or anywhere else (indirectly or directly). No self-managed super fund. Just complete control. Not a poor copy of control under Super rules. Complete control over your own finances, when and where you want.

I consider it playing their game by their rules. I consider it a violation of a basic human right. And it will only get worse.
    A waste of life (literally) to millions of people with Super. Self-managed or not.

20. SilverDJ

I'll say it again: become self employed and you'll be completely free, you'll never have to pay a cent into super ever again.
    Bonus: You'll have the ultimate freedom of not having a boss to answer to.

It must really be tearing you apart working for a boss, huh?