New Tiffany coin launched in 2oz and 1kg formats

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Feb 5, 2016.

1. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

AgAuNews posted some new CIT Berlin release coins, the Millefiori Glass, Exotic Butterfly and the Chinggis Khan. I like them all. More SmartMinting examples, however its curious the gold pieces have not been done with that.

2. clubman

clubman Member

Can't really see it on their website.

3. Icarus

Icarus Member

I agree, CIT produces some of the finest coins but keep in mind they do much, much more with silver than gold. The 3 gold coins they do offer are 0.5g, 0.5g and 1/2oz compared to their stable of amazing silver coins. Thus with gold offering different metallurgic properties and understanding smartminting you would have to expect they would focus their efforts on silver. It doesn't mean it's not possible, right? If there's a way to leverage smartminting for gold I would imagine they can apply it. This advancement is very exciting as a collector because I believe it raises the bar for the industry which is nice to see. In one corner you have RCM pumping out different designs on the same old milk spotted blanks...and not caring. In the other corner you have CIT pushing the boundaries and continuing to differentiate themselves from the herd. Smart money goes with smartminting IMHO.

4. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

For me also I think. Mainly because it's the first and the only one bought. :) At that time I was dreaming of completing whole set.
    Few months ago I was very close to sell it. Now I think I would regret that a lot.

I also like some of the older, more "simple" ones. Like 2007 and 2008. I think the first is on top of my "wanted list" for a long time.

Details on newer ones are just incredible. Would be nice though that they make something between 2oz and kilo as well, maybe like 5oz or 10oz, something that is more "affordable" for commoners. :p

Few years I was wondering if this series will "ever" end. It seems that not soon.:)

5. Downies

Downies New Member

Hi,

We've been informed by CIT that the Tiffany coins will be available towards the end of May. As we have in the past, we'll be going out to previous buyers first and if we have any left we'll be offering these to the general public, however that isn't likely to happen until May when quantity and shipment are confirmed :)

6. Andelis

Andelis New Member

Wow that's a beautiful coin and stunning image in the first post.

7. Stark

I cannot believe I got "duty" to post some pictures and one of the few if not only video on YT about 2oz version of this amazing coin (video for kilo version was uploaded by CIT).

Dunno what is the reason, but in the past newest coins from Tiffany Art series received more attention.

Is it price? Too many "copy cats"? Series going on for too long? Maybe everything?

I don't own any of the competitors coins. I like some of them a lot. But I think that CIT is still pushing boundaries and finding perfect mix between big amount of details and "overloading" everything with microscopic details.

Well, and for cherry on top of the cake also introducing for the first time Tiffany Art coin with Smartmint technology for higher relief.

I would say this is one of my favorite Tiffany Art coins and yet another amazing achievement by CIT.

Unfortunately pics and videos don't do coin a justice. I was too excited!:)

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMY6-RNHXgo[/youtube]

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

It's possibly the most beautiful Tiffany coin of the series....wow!

9. clubman

clubman Member

The 2013 year is another stunning one.

10. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I wish they all had this kind of depth to them, probably the best in the series as a result.
    I still think the 2014 coin is a better design though, only just.

11. Stark

Yes. It's my first Tiffany coin and probably still favorite.

Pity is that they didn't have boxes before 2014 or so.

12. picturefun

picturefun Member

coins may not disappoint people, but the insert does. I saw 3 x 2016 2 oz ones already, one insert stone/crystal/or whatever is almost Navy blue, vs. the sky/royal blue in the advertisement. and the other two a little lighter than navy blue, but basically still dark blue. Personally, I call it a fake advertisement :rolleyes:

At least 2015 yellowish one is not too far from the color in the advertisement. both coin and ad. picture have light yellow color

These two sellers on ebay used the Real Coin picture,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Stark

Tiffany glass inserts are different in every coin. My 2013 has line in the middle.

14. picturefun

picturefun Member

Yes, a lot of glass inserts have lines in the middle, not just Tiffany coins, but all the coins with glass insert (Mineral Art series, Art that change the world, etc.), those are normal. What I am talking about is the shade of the color should NOT be Too much different between the actual coin and the color showing in the advertisement picture. I doubt any 2016 Tiffany coins has an insert glass like the one in the Ad., which is the sky blue color.

15. Stark

I know what you mean. It's interesting that on the picture you posted coin looks brighter than in reality, whereas inlay looks darker.