PIO - Pioneer Resources

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by bellinvest, Apr 20, 2016.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Giddy up PIO!

We NEED Mavis and Acra announcements out PLEASE!

2. markc

markc Member

I got the feeling we might see an announcement before the end of the day like they did before the SPP was extended.

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PSC another 18% up today

PIO :(

4. scrooged

scrooged New Member

PSC is a bull. Can't believe I had them at one stage.

All comes down to some chick called Mavis.

Tipping she ain't that hot. I'm visualising mop, apron and hair net.

5. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Markets move up, and markets move down.

PSC is mainly operating in Zimbabwe, not exactly the place i would visit let alone run any form of commercial operation within/from/around/near IMO. The manager's may have a swag of experience in the country... nothing i'm interested in. Maybe PSC is simply going through the 'excitement' phase, not unlike plenty of other junior's. Who knows... time will tell! they could pay off tremendously.

PIO will hopefully prove up a number of their assets this year, including Mavis. The project has exposed spodumene in many locations in the tenement, which has been proven through drilling back-in-the-day. It's a matter of testing the depth/strike length/grade through some drilling which should be commencing shortly now it's clear weather in Canada.

PIO have good ground and good minerals... give it time... ;)

The lithium story has a long way to run... it's perhaps only just begun. The possibilities are endless if this comment is true? :D

Cheers,
    B

6. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Priceless, man...

You should do a Jon Pie style YT channel ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQN1KOR3c_E[/youtube]

7. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

Damn you PIO! Bottomless-money-losing-stock!!!

Shiny.

8. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When I was first looking at shares a month ago or so I noticed a lot of emphasis was put on lithium stocks.
    My first thought was.. Why Lithium?

So I looked around and did pick a couple stocks with lithium in their prospects but still wasn't convinced.

Now that i've looked deeper I am less convinced Lithium has much potential for the many miners all looking for pieces of land that may have deposits.

It still needs to be sold.

Then I saw that lot of investors are basing their hype on Tesla, who apparently require something like 95% of current Lithium supplies to meet their demand.

ok, but we are now talking about many companies all trying to mine it.
    So if all these companies do mine it then "current" supplies will be nothing compared to future supplies.

So Tesla's needs will be filled or they already have a suppler in mind, where is the rest of Lithium produced going to go?

I also notice that Graphene could be used to replace a lot of the Lithium in Batteries.

Perhaps Lithium stocks are suitable to short term trading and day traders but for long term investment I think Graphene miners are the one's to look for.

If anyone know's of a potential graphene penny stock LMK, i'd like to go that way.

9. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

M8 you make my head hurt, big time.

Just go do some rudimentary research about Lithium demand over the next decade, all the other electric vehicle manufactures or static storage growth for electricity currently happening.

It would seem that you do not even have a rudimentary grasp of what is currently underway in the real world, or what is about to happen in this sphere.

Ignorance is bliss, until you realize you have been left behind.

10. geodesi

geodesi Active Member

Lithium.

Elusive wonder drug in a current shortage of supply.

Next year, that changes.

By 2020 the massive, sic MASSIVE, brine producers in SA come online, producing at half the cost of the hard rock minors (miners).

The current volatility is a craze, with some expanding fundamentals relating to expanding demand.

The good plays for the long term will as always be the low cost producers.

11. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLJVYXQIDM[/youtube]

12. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Caput, is it though?

I've noticed you're a little negative on Lithium and describing it as all hype. You're not the only one.

Get what you're saying, but is it really hype .... this time around?

13. Caput Lupinum

I've already given my thoughts on the lithium in a few threads....like here. I haven't seen anything to change my opinion

http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-922645.html#p922645

From what I've seen none of these ASX companies are producers, just poke and hope explorers. I saw the exact same thing with graphite and rare earth explorers.

14. scrooged

scrooged New Member

I'm aware of your thoughts on Lithium, hence my previous post.

I think Galaxy is producing.

Anyhoo, back to my original question, is Lithium really the next random RE metal or graphite, or is there serious future demand for this?

I've read both sides and from my standpoint, unless Lithium is superseded in the next 36mths (granted this revolutionary battery powered existence transpires as soon as most commentators envisage) how can this not be a winner?

I get the whole supply and demand thing and it's probably well over bought in regards to current demand, but meh.

I can see change eventually. Not sure what though.

If it isn't Lithium, any chance you could share what it will be?

Or are we oil etc for another 20 years? do they (and us punters) have it wrong?

Not trying to be an know it all mate, just asking questions. Undecided.

New energy = absolutely.
    Lithium? not too sure.

15. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Which is not unlike some of the gold/silver stocks you currently hold?

16. Caput Lupinum

Where I come from there's a difference between poke and hope explorers and companies with at least proven resources and a pre-feasibility study. I'm also not expecting some of the companies I own to become producers before the end of the this gold bull market.

17. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is a Company with a proven resource still an explorer ?, or an Explorer with a proven resource but not a PF a producer ?

As for Lithium, I still don't think a lot of people have done their own research properly before commenting.

What and which "sic Massive" producers? Name one.
    South America is a basket case of political turmoil. And that is just the start of their Lithium production problems, Just the time line alone between approval (if given) and the eventual output of more Lithium is a five to seven year process before any new product comes on line. Add to that environmental objections due to water use, wildlife issues, purity of product for use in Li Batteries, Iron content, distance from market, weather events, local economic problems, sovereign risk, and there are just a few hurdles to overcome before any faith is placed in what will be a strategic commodity from such sources. Add to that the fact that nearly all current hydroxide producers are geared towards a clean hard rock product.

Brine will not be a competitive source compared to hard rock producers over the next 5-7 years.

People also need to educate themselves about what a potential lithium source is, there are currently plenty of new "look at me" explorers available on the market right now with a new one or three popping up every day or so.

Most will fail dismally, grade and tonnage are the rule. But specifically for anything outside of Brine, you need to have Spodumene for now. There is a new fangled unproven and years from completion possible tech to produce high grade Li from Mica, but it is, Unproven, and to date after many years Unproven on any economic scale at all.

Spodumene is the only current hard rock source of Lithium that will be able to fill the recent and growing gap between demand and supply. In some cases the quality of product will beat even the best current supply from any Brine supply EG: Greenbushes in WA, currently the best in the world.

Now people might compare the current rise of Lithium to the past run on Rare Earths and Graphite as a supposed indicator of a bubble. But they would be wrong, and are wrong.

Lithium is a single element, it is not a mere small part of a mix of minerals as found in an RE deposit, but as a unique element all on it's own that is in demand worldwide at this point in time due to it's capacity to store energy and do so at a lighter weight than any other element on earth.

Unlike Graphite, Lithium although very common in the earths crust is not regularly found in economically mined deposits, Gold can be found in anywhere from 1kg to .5 of a gram and just be dug up and mined. Lithium although common, is rarely found in geological deposits that are economical to mine, spodumene is one, Brine is another. Spodumene is the current source of choice for hundreds of millions of dollars of investment over the last twelve months.

I'm not going to bother with arguing the point on the rise of Lithium as the new source of renewable storage. It is just a matter of time until that occurs and will happen very soon.

Suffice to say, I thought I was the Redneck, anti green, windmill hatin, bogan on this forum.

For those who doubt what is about to happen in this world, and the part that Lithium will play in it.

I Pity You.

18. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I sold my PIO today 30% down was eniough for me I might buy back in WHEN it hits 2c orbelow

19. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But what about all that juicy spodumene? surely the Lithium Crew can't be wrong, they'll be taking advantage and loading up more.

Gaphene, Not Graphite is more of a goer in my books.

Anyways, it takes a strong head to know when to pull out, perhaps we can organise a 2c group buy before x-mas.

20. scrooged

scrooged New Member

I'm currently down 56.89% on PIO.

Not much fun. :D