In the West, which populations are the biggest stackers? (Per Capita)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Jrandom, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

2. scrooged

scrooged New Member

3. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

Well the S32 mine and the one that Ipv6Ready posted about almost cover that entire amount.

Anyone have a more legitimate number for Australia's silver mining data? 100 million ozs? Maybe?

4. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Fresnillo, the worlds largest silver producer - in the worlds largest silver producing country (Mexico - 5,400 MT 2015)

2013 - 43MOZ

2014 - 45MOZ

2015 - 47MOZ

2016 - 49-51MOZ

54.5MOZ produced in Australia 2015 seems authentic?

5. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I'm in the US. I don't own 100+ ASE's.

I guess I'm not a true stacker.. :(

6. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

From memory the largest silver miner in OZ refines the ore only so far. The lead, containing all of the silver, is separated in England. My guess is the mints in OZ buy their silver offshore. Here you go.
    The Port Pirie lead smelter and refinery in South Australia is the most important Australian producer of refined silver and is where lead concentrates from the Broken Hill and other mines are processed. Most of the silver output from Mt Isa and Hilton mines is in lead concentrates, which are smelted to lead bullion at Mt Isa. The bullion is exported to the United Kingdom for refining and silver extraction. Lead bullion, containing silver, is also produced at the Cockle Creek smelter (NSW) and it is sent to Port Pirie for refining and extraction of silver.

Silver ingots are also produced at the Olympic Dam mine from residues generated during electrolytic copper refining.

Silver is extracted and refined by gold refineries in Perth, Kalgoorlie and Melbourne from gold dore or bullion sourced from mainly Australian gold mines.

7. Arnold99

Arnold99 New Member

would be interesting if all stackers of the world took part in the poll called "where are you from" :)

8. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

A lot of people I know who were Eagles ONLY ( " I dont trust that generic crap " was the overall theme ) , have moved into buying generic rounds at the lower cost to maximize ounces gained per dollar spent.

They found out that they lose about half of that premium ( Average around 3 to 4 bucks over spot around here, so they would lose 1.50 to 2 bucks in premium on EVERY Eagle they sold back ) selling the Eagles back, and that they could always sell the rounds back for spot...and only pay on average .50 cents to a buck over spot for the rounds.

So you can get more ounces with the rounds, and lose less premium selling them back....thats what made a lot of people I know just quit buying Eagles.