Using UpWork to have Accountants bid to Audit my SMSF

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by ShinyStuff, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am a small-time user of the third party sites where people bid for work. I have used Odesk and Elance (both have been taken over) and are now called UpWork.

I have only have positive experiences. I had an AMAZING experience with a graphic artist from the Ukraine. Anyway....

I just realised they now do ACCOUNTING!

So, I put out a job for my annual SMSF audit. I will see what I get back in terms of "fixed price" for it to be audited and submitted to the ATO. I have only invited Australian based people, but I will see if others can do it too!

I was just screwed $900 from the people I have been using for 3 years and I am over it. I have such a SIMPLE fund, and I know that it would not take too long to complete. These guys do this stuff all day long. Please don't tell me that even at $50 per hour it takes them more than 6 hours to do. I get it that there are other costs... no prob. But seriously!

Anyway I will keep you all posted.

Shiny.

2. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

It's an interesting idea but the information you are providing is pretty sensitive. I'd be careful giving it out to a relatively unknown entity.

Was $900 just the audit? When you say simple, just cash in term deposits or loans, share transactions, metals etc?

3. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

I will ensure that the person (if I do go this way) will be licenced. Plus, they will have the software (probably through their own company) to do it. Basically I am using a service to shop around.

I have cash in the bank, 5 shares and all the rest bullion in allocated holdings. It is so easy (and dull and boring) that I cry at the amount I am charged.

I am hoping to get it done for $250.... but maybe I am dreaming!

Shiny.

4. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$50 per hour for accounting seems a little low. My pool guy charges $100.