GFC 2 is here.......Oh dear.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Jun 24, 2016.

1. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Is it somewhere in here? http://www.smh.com.au/business/nab-westpac-tapped-fed-20101202-18i58.html

2. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

In other words, central banks are creating money and these bond buyers are destroying it by buying bonds with negative interest rates?

3. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

In many cases its the central banks who are the bond buyers (ECB for example). They aren't destroying their printed money for no reason, they're trying to keep the bond market afloat. If you thought the GFC was bad with falling US real estate prices, then a crash in the bond market in any major economy right now would be an absolute disaster.

4. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

5. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ I wondered why you picked "whinfell" as a username here so I googled it and only found stuff about a "whinfell forest" in England. So the question must be asked, why did you pick that stupid username that makes no sense here? At least The End's username fits here.

7. kramer

kramer Member

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Two of Australia's major banks (National & Westpac) were given $4.6 billion during the GFC. As I have said the banks lend long with short term loans, what happens when those short term loans dry up as happened in the GFC. Again I will probably be reminded that it was paid back quickly (90days)...Some of the disenters who don't like to face the facts didn't even know about the spread of derivatives or the ESF. Well thats OK fellow SS critics but don't judge too early as the black swan zooms into land and craps on your head.

You thing the Australian economy is going well when the powers that be change the GDP from $ earned to Production output?. (mining industry)

Wall St has been propped up with Federal Money.

This September/October is a danger time...End of financial year in the USA.

Regards Errol 43

9. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's no drypowder left. Next time around things will be bad.

BUT... here's something interesting. It's not just us and the regular financial doom crowd who realise things are not going well. Of course the global planners, politicians and central banks realise what's going on. And it looks like there is a strategy to the madness. The problem is that people are so wedded to their preconceived notions that it is impossible to discuss rationally or to propose theories for debate.

Here's what I think may be happening (just a theory): Global powers are letting China accumulate a certain amount of gold until they are the equal of other global economies in terms of reserves. When equality is reached, nation-specific currencies will be quietly switched to floating against SDRs, with the value determine by a group of all-powerful central planners with representatives from each major power, and with gold as the backing. When that point is reached, gold will increase dramatically in price relative to local currencies, but at present the price is being suppressed to allow plans to teach fruition before the jump in price.

10. scrooged

scrooged New Member

I had been reading articles on the current (12 month) HK property drop and stumbled on this article.
    Maybe 2nd half of 2017 is danger time ... for Australia?

http://www.scmp.com/business/compan...ese-yuan-and-hong-kong-property-prices-may-go

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have similar thoughts and I think there are a few other 'opportunities' planned for the crisis to come. Perhaps a few amalgamations of nations etc.

12. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You guys are both neglecting the other PTB behind the Military Industrial Complex. Intriguing that you both recognize the financial and political aspect of the octopus but neglect this aspect of it.
    The Gold and Fiat are already in well within control, you only have to look at the nightly crash to realize that. Gold up and Rising, Gold smashed and back in it's box again month on month, year on year despite the fragility of Global markets. China and Russia are stacking as they know what is coming, the US and UE are relying Upon Nato to provide a deterrent that no one will take seriously ever. The west can not pay it's bills ever, the only option is to crash the system, it is the only way out. War or GFC 2 ? Will the people put up with another bail out ?

13. fosinator

fosinator Member

I missed that part too in the rules about having a relevant username when signing up lol

14. SpacePete

It can be an aspirational name. For example, I plan to transform into an android body constructed of silver, then I really will be SilverPete. On second thoughts, I should have signed up as TitaniumPete but it's too late now :(

__

15. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

My username picked itself!

OC

16. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can fix that for you :)

TitaniumPete... Sounds butch as, aye.

17. SpacePete

I'll stick with SilverPete :) However, if I ever wanted to butch up, I'd go for IronPete (iron as in the metal, not as in ironing.)

__

18. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I revealed with pictures/proof in this thread - http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...esium-titanium-you-re-not-a-real-stacker.html the real reason behind my username. I played golf since teens and am "off scratch" and have a massive drive, between 300-350 meters. My golfing friends from my present club nicknamed me skyrocket. So it was easy for me to decide what username to use here. But even if I didn't have that username/nickname I would have still called myself a username that reflected my very bullish opinion of future of PMs. (probably still chosen skyrocket)

Imo, PMs are going to moon soon and I think I got the best username and avatar here when they do. ;)

Btw, past Saturday I beat the course with a 5 under the card :)

19. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

IronPete sounds too heavy, you may rusted out too soon finding yourself in the scrap yard....
    Also finding yourself stuck to magnet all the times & need to demagnetise all the times ;)