Bumps on the new 2016 Prospector 5 oz bar from Provident

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Dutch Silver Bullion Collector, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Dutch Silver Bullion Collector Member

I bought a nice new 5 oz Prospector 2016 from Provident, nice bar with great detail; love that silver bar; but something on the silverbar is bothering me; didn't buy any bars before from Provident so don't know if it is normal or not. When you see on the bar around the head of the prospector, you see a few bumps; is this normal, are there more people who have that on their bar?

I contacted Provident by mail but they don't reply; when it is normal, no problem when it isn't what is it then; i thought this bar was pressed, so bumps should not be there or should they?

[​IMG]

2. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

That could be a rare Billy Meier bar! contact member "skyrocket" lol.

Actually the pic makes the bar look like a cheap Chinese plated fake! I only have a few 1oz prospector bars and they are perfect with nice detail so cant really comment on the 5oz quality.

3. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

I bought it from a respectable German dealer; so can not believe he sold me fake..

Made a vid on YouTube of the unboxing maybe you can see it better on those pictures? click on the hyperlink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxxynIusJ74

4. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Does somebody have those bups also on the Prospector 5 ounce silverbar; would like to know if this is a problem?

5. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Strange that nobody reacts on my question, has nobody seen this problem with this Provident silverbar;The seller is so decent to return the bar, but i really like it, so if somebody can help me with this question??