icarus got too close to the sun <Sideways>

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Court Jester, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only you mentioned actual figures which are totally irrelevant when your whole theory is illogical.
    Why not make it 200,000 kilos and a trillion dollars.

You want facts - you yourself declared in April that movement upwards steadily for more than 4 weeks is no longer sideways (want me to attach a link?)...its now July.
    last i checked a movement such as this in any market would show a RECENT uptrend.
    This is more about how much you havent made or stacked than about anything else to help justify your decision.
    ....your rants of sideways remind me of this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QsNjQh4glE[/youtube]

2. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

No mate it's in the long term. I bought at around USD $15, but haven't really sold too much. However the value either way has gone up by quite a bit. It's not about buying at the bottom and selling at the top, more so buying and selling near the bottom and top. And at the end of the day, silver as a safe haven asset has done so well, it can for now be called an I vestment asset as well. But you're entitled to your own opinion :) . After all, isn't investing basically you thinking your smarter than the guy going against you?

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

what crack are you smoking of course the amount of silver is relevant

we are not talking about trading paper here and about stacking physical from a average stacker

for the average joe silver stacker out there for all pratical purposes it has been sideways over teh last 3 years

and YES I WANT A LINK TO ME SAYING ANYTHING THAN THIS IS GOING SIDEWAYS

4. Court Jester

NEWSFLASH the world does NOT revolve around the USA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

war mongering pigs

5. Stoic Phoenix

Post 52 of this thread big guy http://forums.silverstackers.com/post.php?tid=73087&qid=912007

6. Stoic Phoenix

And I cant wait for your explanation of why the amount of silver one has is relevant to the price being up down or sideways ....

7. Court Jester

I said I could see it rising but I dont consider spikes a rise up until it has risen and REMAINED high. I clarified what I ment after that >$27 AUD for longer than 2 weeks.

that so far has not happened -- Whilst it has risen from its bottom it has not risen a meaningful amount for a physical stacker unless you are stacking HIGH volumes of silver to actually made 1 bit of realworld difference.

8. Court Jester

nothing I am talking about teh spread between what they bought it for and what they can sell it for for a physical stacker averaged over the last 15 years if you were stacking silver and sold now you are behind in REAL money terms.

9. Stoic Phoenix

Now its 15 years you throw in the mix?....your empirical data is the quicksand supporting the foundation of Casa Del Sideways.

10. Court Jester

no just pointing out the fact it has been going <sideways> for a while its not an income producing asset anticipating your reply.

you are even furthur behind in real money terms if you compare over teh last 5 years

11. Stoic Phoenix

Why keep going back to years when you have already stated a rise of a few weeks is a rise?
    Look at it from January this year to now.
    A LOT of us havent been stacking 5 years let alone 15 so for all we care you may as well go back 100 years.
    What maybe sideways to you is upwards for many multiples more than you.

Your perception is not our reality.

12. Court Jester

even if you started stacking a few months back

your buy sell spread has eaten a big chunk of your profits, even buying unallocated and not paying postage (using goldstackers as an example) you need a 3-4% rise currently just to break even.

unless you spent millions on paper silver that is for any recent physical stacker the small bump up is pretty pointless in real world terms.

13. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

Well if you buy from here and sell on here, that's not the case. CJ, at the end of the day, when calculating the value of my stack I see it has increased in value A LOT, and that is assuming that I sell at a price only a couple of $$$ above spot. I'm not going to disclose facts here for privacy reasons, but my numbers show me that buying silver was a very good idea

14. Court Jester

and how much silver do you think you could have unloaded here in the 2 mins spot was $27.35? Even now at the current price its a buyers market. ( look at FS section -- many many many sellers offering under or at spot)

again I will say it again until it has risen and STAYS there for a meaningful time i.e. a couple of weeks these random spikes up mean SFA as they generally go down as fast as they go up.

I would doubt your actual numbers for real world gains would even buy a cheap 2nd hand Cherry J1.

15. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

And back up to the sun again it goes.......

:lol:

[​IMG]

16. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

I agree with your point about short term spikes but rising over 30% in 6 months is not short term more like mid term, and if you look at charts of yearly performance it has gone up in the past 3 or so years. TBH, I could afford a cheap Cherry J1 with my gains, but why would I drive that instead of a Lexus? :)

17. Court Jester

I said real world gains, when you take into account your buy / sell spread and postage costs I would also guess you did not unload any at the peak either, inflation etc buying a non producing asset. You would be lucky if you could buy a go cart wuth your real world gains.

18. Court Jester

19. Askari

Askari Active Member Silver Stacker

You should become a weather forecaster, CJ. You could predict 20 degrees everyday. When it only hits 10 you could say, 'But well, if you wear a sweater and stand in the sun you'll be really warm, so yeah, 20' lol

20. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

At some point it's going to click Court Jester, your definition of sideways is completely wrong. I get you like to rile people up, you're a fairly decent troll, but the joke is getting old mate.

You can't just pick a point 'A' and a point 'B' and draw a straight horizontal line - the noise in the middle is NOT irrelevant.