Could use some information/help with 2 silver Bullions please.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Littlece, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Littlece

Littlece New Member

My Father past away a couple months back and we just recently got his estate divided up between me and my brothers. Two of the things I got were a .999+fine silver 10 ounce CCM/mg silver bullion and a .999 25 ounce NRC silver bullion. I could really use some help/Information on what they're worth and how old they are. I'm not sure I'm going to part with them but I'm just curious and from doing research on them I'm felling kind of drawn to maybe buy more silver any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mirrorman

Mirrorman Member

Hi, and welcome to the forums .. an image of both bars would be helpfull.

A quick GOOGLE of the 10 ounce CCM/mg silver brought up a listing on a famous auction site, with a wanted price from the seller. If that one listed is the same sort of style bar and size that's one "beauty" you have.

The .999 25 ounce NRC silver deosn't seem to bring up any clear results with GOOGLE.

As for history on these 2 bars, I am a newbie myself, but there are some real experts on this site, so hopefully some answers will come soon. I'd also be interested to find out more.

3. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

4. Littlece

Littlece New Member

Thanks mirrorman I tried to upload pics but it wouldn't work.

bull_bear yes that is the logo on the 10oz bar I have.

5. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Welcome!

Some pictures would help, but you need a little more interaction on the site before you're allowed to do that - description next. Meanwhile, some idea of location (ie which continent) would give some context.

They sound like ingots; probably minted (if they are cast they will show swirls). Ingots or bars normally attract a modest premium over spot (say 5%) - so multiply the 1 Oz price from the charts by 10.5 and you are good to go. Having said that, 10 Oz (note that these are Troy Oz) are a popular size, and some older bars have additional value. (sorry - I was working from an old window, so missed the preceding information. I'm guessing you are in the US)

You could sell them for a family dinner, tuck them away in case the Silver price keeps rising (most of us hope so) or start looking at other stacking options including more bars so they don't feel lonely. I suggest the latter, in which case introduce yourself at Welcome New Members and see how the mood takes you. By the way; until you have a little more knowledge, it is a good idea to keep your specific location and stack size obscure - no point in giving thieves a treasure map. See also 'Bizarre Boating Accident'.

6. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

Bizzare boating accident?

7. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

8. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

9. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

... if not, a more helpful definition is during a perfectly reasonable and well-explained need to move one's entire stack from Point A to Point B via Point C where Point C necessitates an ocean voyage, transit of a bottomless paddling pool or some other body of water, a bizarre boating accident occurs which results in the entire stack being lost. See also tax man; audit; capital loss and Loch Ness.

10. KeepStackin'

KeepStackin' New Member

Those CCM bars are really nice, I like them a lot!

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Welcome to the forum Littlece,

If you have made up your mind to sell those bars, keep in mind that the value of anything made of silver is very subjective. I personally wouldn't buy bars but if I did I wouldn't pay more than the spot price of silver (see here: http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html ), which fluctuates all the time, for any bar of silver but you might be able to find someone who'd pay more than the spot price. That "more than" part is called a premium. It's a value that a collector or enthusiast personally attaches to something.

There are collectors and enthusiasts of almost any kind of silver product.....you'd just have to be patient to find such a person.

On the other hand, it appears as 2016 is the beginning of a bull market in precious metals (PMs) meaning that the value of PM products will continue to go up. If this is true (and likely it is, but no one knows the future for certain), then now is probably a good time to buy silver, not sell....unless you are desperate for cash immediately.