I want 2 buy a kg of silver and I want to learn realy quick .

Discussion in 'Silver' started by judefinn999, Jun 28, 2016.

1. judefinn999

judefinn999 New Member

I want to buy a kilo of silver , either in 1 bar or in smaller bars in one transaction . I'm not sure if im on the right page or not .Im not Worried about the condition . Can anyone help me out here please . Im in Sydney close to the city. I really want to learn all about buying silver barsand I want 2 do it as quick as I can . Thanks everyone .

2. Troysland

Troysland New Member

3. fscked

fscked Member

Do you want to learn about buying Silver and PM's? Or do you just want to buy a kilo of Silver?

If you want to learn about buying silver and PM's then, as with everything, there is a process. Take your time as you obviously have a little bit of disposable cash on hand and buy smaller amounts, a 10oz bar or two and some 1oz coins. See which ones you like more. There is a very wide variety of coins, from standard American Silver Eagles to (my favourite) semi-numis like Chinese Pandas. Learn which hold their value and which appreciate in value. You will learn all of this naturally even after you buy your kilo of silver, though you might end up with some buyers remorse if you don't have anything left to buy with.

Or, you could just buy your kilo and put it in your pillow for a rainy day. Just my opinion..

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Go to the "Meetings" tab and you'll see that there is a Sydney meet up every Wednesday and one Sunday a month.

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Welcome. I think many of us here might understand that feeling of just feeling the need or urge to buy a kilo of silver.

As already suggested, you might want to go to a meeting close enough to you. If not, just find a bullion dealer that you can visit or buy online and look for free shipping deals. Every penny saved on shipping or travel costs is a penny that can be used to buy more silver.

6. black5wan

black5wan Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Let your $$$ do the thinking
    Is quicker than you do and learning

8. BBQ

BBQ Member

* if you want to sell it more easily, consider smaller sizes (2oz, 10oz, etc). Today I would probably stick to 2oz and 10oz, just because every man & his dog seems to sell 1oz & people want to see different stuff.
    * 10oz 'dragon' coins I bought in 2012 are attracting a premium over spot price today. In my mind they should be valued less because Liz's head is on them, but there you go; people like coins and bars with a Lizard on one size and dragon on the other. If I sell now I have made no money on these though (price has gone down on silver since I bought). You are probably getting into silver at a good time (prices low)
    * precious metals is not for everyone; I would say it's for people with patience or people that hate the banking system so much that they'd sooner poke a toothpick in their eye than have their money sitting in a bank. For me personally, I would say I put too much away into metals & I could have been more productive with some ready cash
    * buying from private sellers and selling to private buyers is probably the way to go once you get started (that's my feeling). I have only sold one coin to family so far, so I have yet to test these waters

9. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

If your intention is to buy lots of bars, consider ABC Bullion unallocated. It means you don't have to store the stuff at home. I have done this successfully and it is easy and quick to sell. Something to think about.

10. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome to interesting world of silver. The hard part is discipline, patience and judgement.
    Cookies when bitten always crumble. The bigger you bite...the larger it crumbles.
    Since you like kilo, the element of bargain is the key to your process. Go and find great deals as always. Find the most pleasing and lowest premium you can get.

11. judefinn999

judefinn999 New Member

I've never bought any coins or bars . I collected antique and vintage silver jewelry , gold jewelry and art deco silver platters and vases and vespers and cigarette cases , but haven't done that 4 years and I've never sold any of it. ......Oh and by the way, yes I have pulled many a toothpick out of my eye . If you have a look around , all the big independent financial and gold people are saying there s a crash coming and its time s bigger than 2007/8 and maybe even as big as the 1929 stockmarket crash . Have a look , see what you think . Id b interested 2 know how u c it . Im just putting it away .A question ... I want 2 buy 1 or 2 kg . Will I b able to get 10. 20. 50. and a couple of 100 oz bars to make up 1 kg ... and buy them 4 the same price as I would 1kg ... if I bought them from the same place at one time ?

12. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You have time on your side, catch your breath. The big crash is not coming in next few weeks. Brexit will play out over the next two years, within few weeks outside of UK it won't even barely make mainstream media.

We are in the eye of the storm, so there is as much possibility as the stock market going on new five year bull run, fed by trillions of cheap money (PM falling) or the world suffering a big crash wiping out 50% or more (PM going higher). But Neither will happen in the next few weeks.

My personal bet is PM going up slowly for the next few years. That mean spot price will go up and down but the price will trend up higher over medium term.

If owning a kilo or two of silver is that important to you, start up a wtb thread with the title "WTB Silver 1kg close to spot" you will get offer.

I saw some of your other posting in others people sales thread, not all silver are the same, even though they are all 99.9% silver some have collectibility value. But what you want is low premium.

Don't pay more than 5% over spot price. Closer to 2% the better, don't buy or get convinced into anything rare or collectable silver. Just stick low premium.

14. judefinn999

judefinn999 New Member

Hi . Thanks .My feeling is there's a crash coming . l also feel that the price is going 2 keep going up . I don't have any faith that when the crash comes , and it will , that alot of the small silver allotments won't be there . They'll be the last to get there metal if theres any left . Anyway thats my theory . I'd rather b able 2 put my hands on it when the need arrives . I'm going to look at ABC. Thanks

15. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

1kg is only 32 Troy ounces mate. I know an ounce doesn't sound like much but 100oz alone is over 3kg.

The bad part with silver is the postage costs because it weighs do much, gold is not so bad for postage cost per dollar investment.

Find a dealer close or, even better, find a seller here. If you're convinced of a collapse then coins will be the easiest to sell most likely; look into 2 rolls of coins which is around 1.6kg of silver and do a face to face (F2F) trade.

16. judefinn999

judefinn999 New Member

17. Topherclaus

18. Topherclaus

Just out of interest, which YouTube clip got you so worked up about buying silver this instant? Mike Maloney? Silver Doctor? Eric Sprott? One of the shamitah clowns?

I'm not being negative at all, I'm just wondering. It is still a great time to be getting into the market and there are deals out there. I can't imagine we're going to see a major surge today, now that silver tested $18.50 and there will be a bunch of profit taking from there.

Just organise a buy through the forum over the weekend. As has been suggested, see if you can get any bites by posting a wanted to buy (WTB) for 1 or 2kg of silver in any form as close to spot as possible. I think you'll find something. Don't stress mate, you've caught the train before it has left the station.

19. BBQ

BBQ Member

Many of these same people have been dead wrong in predicting the course of silver. All I can say is it's clear to me nobody has any idea of where it will go, or at least they aren't saying. I usually hear of 'reliable' sources that 'get things right' long after the fact. So far my gut instinct has been more right than they have (I suspected silver would go down years ago when it did, while everyone was talking about it going to the moon, so-called 'expert' chartists included). In general, financially the fraud is extensive worldwide, but I don't think anyone has any idea of the timeframe things will happen. I have stopped caring about 'a crash', at least a sudden one. I just want to be as self-sufficient as possible.

Nice; you are probably doing well by buying antique silver and putting it away. I wish I knew how to do this well. As to whether or not you can buy coins for the price of 1KG, probably not but I guess it depends on the seller. If you pay more for coins, you can also can sell them for more when the time comes. If silver prices go to the stratosphere, it's easier to sell smaller pieces. Even if it doesn't it's easier.