Anubis 2 oz Ultra High Relief Silver Round

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, Jun 21, 2016.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

2. Mbutler

Mbutler Member Silver Stacker

I really like the clean lines on the cleopatra and looking forward to seeing the second in person. Anyone know when Perth Bullion will be releasing these for order ?

3. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

Just ordered a few along with a few more Cleopatra. I'm so glad they continued this as I thought Cleopatra might be it.

4. mmissinglink

From what I understand, Cleopatra was the fine work of sculptor Heidi Wastweet....I'm not sure if Anubis is....if anyone learns if it is Wastweet, please share....I'm a fan of her work.

5. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

Yea, the video linked above indicated it was Heidi's work. I know her through my best friend from college. She is amazing.

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bro has been watching the carbs. He's cut.

[​IMG]

7. thefinn

thefinn Member

Oh these are nice. Might grab one of each next pay ;)

8. kutylin

kutylin Active Member

I was so surprised in a good way of the continuation of this Egyptian series than even made a video :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHZB_heuU4[/youtube]

And also whant to post here a great comment of one youtuber to that video as most of us just do not know this interesting facts!

"MrMonkeySwag96
    I've always been a fan of ancient mythology, and Egyptian mythology happens to be my favorite. The Cleopatra round is by far my favorite Provident metals round released so far. Her depiction is on the round looks just like how the Egyptians drew her in tomb paintings and monuments. However, in real life Cleopatra is not as attractive as how the Egyptians depict her, the most accurate depiction of Cleopatra is in silver coins issued by the Ptolemaic Greek kingdom that ruled Egypt. These coins portray Cleopatra as having a long, hooked nose and an adam's apple. The Anubis round is also a well done design. The design elements on the round is appropriate with Anubis's role as the god of embalming. In the design, you see a mummified head. Next to the mummified head is a jar containing internal organs preserved in embalming fluid. They only organ that Egyptians did not preserve is the brain, they insert a metal hook into the corpse's nostrils to remove bits of the brain and to drain it as fluid. The Egyptians dispose of the brain because they believe it to be the most useless organ, they believe that individuals think using their heart instead. Anubis weighs the deceased person's soul on the scales with the feather representing justice and the heart representing sin the person had committed in life. If they heart outweighs the feather, the deceased person's soul is devoured by a demonic monster. If the feather outweighs the heart, the person will live on in a heavenly paradise. I'm looking foward to future releases in the Egyptian god series. However, I find it ridiculous that the Cleopatra and Anubis rounds are slabbed in NGC holders considering that they're just generic rounds. Of course, I'm a hypocrite as I'll probably buy the antiqued Cleopatra round in the NGC holder.".

9. mmissinglink

I learned of Wastweet's work only 3 years ago and I have been a fan since.

Strangely, I didn't even see the video until you mentioned it....now that I did, the round looks much better than I initially thought seeing them only in flat photos.

But one of the most interesting things about the announcement is that Provident is (or will be) offering NGC slabbed versions of these rounds. I presumed NGC's policy was not to slab rounds, only coins and official medals. What am I misunderstanding about NGC's policy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvUuLqHSeU[/youtube]

As a complete side note, for those interested in Heidi Wastweet's other work on modals, rounds, and coins, one design in particular stands out to appeal to my high relief and my patriotic side:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.newcoinreleases.com/out-of-many-one-2015-bald-eagle-high-relief-silver-art-round/

10. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

I like it even more than the Cleopatra. Can't wait to get my hands on some. This new design was well worth the wait.

11. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

I like the fact that both sides feature a new design too! A bonus.

12. silvergal

silvergal New Member

I haven't been picking up much lately as we've recently made a home purchase, only if it really appeals to me and I tend steer away from bullion.... Cleo didn't really appeal to me and I skipped it, but I love the Anubis round! I must have showed my dear husband one too many times and he made me order it (lol really twisted my arm) Ordered Cleo too since I was at it and it gave me free ship (along with two airtites)

Tracking shows it arrive tomorrow! So excited :) Love the back design also silver kook!