Silver isnt worth anything

Discussion in 'Silver' started by PlatinumGirl, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Keep stacking - The majority of the people do the wrong thing the majority of the time - do the opposite of what the trend is and you will do ok.

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ok say you are in greece with PM, and these strict withdrawal limits are in place

who are you going to sell them to?

who has the cash

are you going to take it to a pawn dealer who offers you 20% of its value

lol

supermarkets wont take your 1 oz coin.

3. Court Jester

obvious troll is obvious

if you owned silver you wouldnt be stupid enough to sell to a pawn store you could get spot for and 999 1oz coins from any coin / bullion dealer buy back.

only coins that get sold to pawn stores are stolen ones.

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm sure the people in Greece aren't as ignorant of geography as you appear to be. You do realise Greece is part of the EU and you can actually pop over to a neighbouring nation or up to Germany? I'm sure there are dealers will to exchange gold and silver.

5. Court Jester

sure just declare your boot full of gold see how that goes for you once crossing the border.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-06/greeks-confiscate-largest-amount-gold-ever-smuggled

you do realise your a fool and people have tried this and failed,

any thing worth smuggling out wont be allowed you will most likely loose it and taking just 1 -2 coins hell 1-2kg of silver wouldn't pay for the fuel trip for the bill.

but please keep smoking the crack

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

PlatiumGirl, you may have heard this phrase before and it applies to precious metals as much as it applies to just about anything; in transactions, the value of a goods is worth what others are willing to pay for it.

Metal has no intrinsic value; the only value it has is the value someone attaches to it....period. That "someone" naturally can be oneself. Silver is not money because it doesn't function like money for the vast majority of people on earth. Paper money isn't even backed by silver any longer.....but that's a whole other discussion.

If that pawn shop owner doesn't attach what you see as enough value to silver, then you know if you even need to sell silver, don't go there. But buying blobs of silver, typically is not really a good short term investment of one's money unless there is a huge and quick run up of the spot price. In other words, the money you spend on blobs should not be money that you will need to pay for necessities and very important things. At the same time, many people who are not impoverished will find that if they really examine their spending, that there's a fair amount that could be spent more wisely. Some of that more wisely spent money is what could be used to purchase precious metals.

There is no shortage of precious metals. In 2014, for example, roughly 1 billion ounces of silver and gold combined were counted as part of the supply of these commodities. ( http://ptcalc.com/supply-and-demand )

Mining is yielding more available silver every year compared to the previous year. Of course, the other side to this proverbial coin is demand. Should demand ever approach the amount that is available from supply....that's likely when prices will rise quickly.

I like polished silver....it's shiny.

7. BeHereNow

BeHereNow New Member

Not too long ago when spot hopped over $15 my local pawn shop bought a stack of ASEs for $1 over spot.
    The first offer was about $5 under spot, but I mentioned a well known silver dealer 2 hours away (two days by postal), who pays $2 over spot, and told them I would give $1/oz for local convenience.
    Done deal without hesitation.
    YMMV