brexit could trigger stock market crash

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Peter, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

2. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fear campaign.

Very little facts or even explanations in that article. May as well be a campaign brochure for the remain camp.

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bet Brittan is dumb enough to stay in the EU dictatorship

4. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This piece of filth obviously knows something is on the horizon.

A BEARISH GEORGE SOROS TRADES AGAIN | George Soros has returned to trading after a long hiatus,
    The Wall Street Journal reports, citing people close to the matter. The billionaire hedge fund founder and philanthropist recently directed a series of big, bearish investments, these people said.

Soros Fund Management manages $30 billion for Mr. Soros and his family. It sold stocks and bought gold and shares of gold miners in anticipation of a weaker global economy.

Mr. Soros earned fame with a bet against the British pound in 1992 that earned $1 billion in profits but has been more focused on philanthropy and public policy in recent years. Still, he has continued to monitor his firm's investments closely, to the chagrin of some senior executives, people familiar with the matter told The Journal.
    http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/06/09/morning-agenda-a-bearish-george-soros-trades-again/?_r=0

5. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

68% chance remain
    32% stay

As of right now at the bookies

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/sports-central/uk-eu-referendum/

Its actually pretty bang on after asking 10 voters I know well. A lot of middle England has property or relatives in Spain, France and there are a lot of people with European spouses. Children or grandchildren with European ties, Irish, a pro EU element in Scottish and Welsh areas, people who fear job losses because of where they work etc.

Northern Ireland will vote remain.

I don't think it could be rigged. Whatever the result, leave or remain it is by vote. Even the way the poll question is written is very straight up. On referenda the first clue of game playing is that the phrasing is just a touch obscured. With at least a third of the population including a big chunk the political and civil service groups and perhaps more in the print media that are fairly passionate on leave I can't see now they could rig it, either way.

To balance things out this would indicate a leave and it's not from some little England rag like the express or mail etc. either,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...oris-johnson-nigel-farage-david-a7075131.html

What is interesting there is that the commitment to vote is measured as higher in Leave.

The bookies are usually right though.

PM Pundits would serve PM holders and buyers well if they turned off the conspiracytard stuff. I often wonder how many potential PM buyers start researching and hit the loon element and decide it is not for them because they don't believe in the end of the world being nigh. Who would buy PMs after watching hudes or some of the youtube self appointed lizard Vatican assassin style stuff or garbage like KWN.

If as a hive mind we want PMs to be bought and assist in prices going up the best way is to avoid pitching the tin foil hat brigade receiving disability for mental issues and the dealers to have a 'luxury' spun service emphasising the benefits for the mega rich. If 10 billionaire's are convinced physical PMs have fiscal merits a lot more is bought and held than if a million nutjobs think buying a silver round and a Rambo knife will deal with their social anxiety.

6. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Stocks may correct momentarily... but the participation rate in stocks is very low, especially with retail investors (hence large crashes are mitigated from a retail bull-rush mentality like 2008). If they took their money out of stocks... the POUND will have collapsed short term with the BREXIT (wide reaching sell off). So this means retail investor's wouldn't be much better off... Pull your money out of stocks and into cash only to find your cash position in the doldrums with say 20% less purchasing power.

If the UK leave, great! they will incur some short term pain for longer term prosperity and independence (pre EU they were doing just fine). Their growth pre EU was actually much higher then were it is today, or where it has been over the last 10-20 years.

Should the UK stay in the EU-bloc, unfortunately they will go down with the EU completely. There will be no backing out of the systematic collapse of the EU Governments/Committee's etc. which will invert on themselves through to say 2020.

ATM i think the the 'stay' vote is ahead... perhaps because the media an the highly paid pollies are barracking for it eh. Pushing the fear vote...

7. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They would be crazy to stay under the thumb of unelected EU technocrats who micromanage and micro legislate every aspect of everything that they can.

8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Best quote ever: "The EU is a solution to which problem?"

9. Bernie01

Bernie01 New Member

If the Britisch think with there mind and dont lissen to the propaganda they leave............This EU in its current form is a scam making the EU lawmakers in Brussels rich over the backs of western european nations.

Everyday i hear how bad a Brexit might be for Holland (i am dutch) and the UK itself its like the world as we know it ends if they vote out of the EU.

But then comes the 2th thing i worrie about lets say 64% says out of the EU who tells me the votes where not manipulated and the outcome will be 54% wants to stay in the EU...Cause i have the feeling referendum outcomes are know before the referendum is hold.........Like elections 2/3 weeks back in Austria 50.1% victory for the EU loving party and Peru a similiar case this week....

I really doubt the honousty of goverments wenn making outcomes public..

10. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you might be right. The Sheeple will go baaaaaaaaaaaa

11. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

12. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Zerohedge............

The poll is from this article

http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-camp-take-19-POINT-lead-Britons-flock-Brexit

The Opinium Poll, commissioned by the Brexit-backing Bruges Group think tank

Stopped reading.

Bookies currently say

32% chance leave

68% chance stay

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/sports-central/uk-eu-referendum/

13. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

The gold price is going to take a spanking if they stay. I'm more concerned about that and it seems more likely.

14. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

It's going to be like the Scottish referendum, people want to leave and polls might say as much, but when people get in the voting both they'll be thinking of the unanswered questions they have and vote defensively.

The EU is actually a potentially useful political animal, it is after all what it's members make of it. It even has benefits for the British. Reformed it could be something great.

15. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I hope not LOL

16. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

Current state of play 50/50 the momentum is with leave.

The more bulls--t Cameron & the remain camp come out with & there is plenty of that the more people are voting out. Nothing the remain camp say or do will make me vote remain I am voting out & I don't know anyone personally who is voting to remain.

17. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

18. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Support for a British exit from the European Union appears to be growing, with a series of polls showing a "Leave" vote in next week's referendum is increasingly likely.

Britain is due to vote on June 23 on whether to remain part of the 28-member European Union, a decision that will have far-reaching consequences for politics, the economy, defence, and diplomacy in Britain and elsewhere.

The question on the referendum ballot papers will be: "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?"

British voters have been close to evenly split over the Brexit decision since the referendum was called in February, but a series of polls conducted in the past week suggest momentum has swung towards the Leave camp.

A YouGov poll for London newspaper The Times on Monday showed British support for leaving the EU stood at 46 per cent, ahead of the 39 per cent who wanted to remain.

The same pollster found the Leave campaign had a one-point lead over the Remain side in a different poll published on Saturday.

Also on Monday, an ORB poll for the Daily Telegraph newspaper showed 49 per cent of Britons would opt to leave the EU, with 48 per cent opting to remain.

Two ICM polls conducted over the weekend one online and one conducted by telephone found the Leave vote held 53 per cent support compared with 47 per cent support for Remain.

That was a one-point gain for the Leave campaign compared to ICM polls conducted two weeks ago, according to the Guardian newspaper, which sponsored the telephone po

Abc news

19. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Investors seek out gold companies

The only stocks to tick higher were gold companies, as investors sought the safe-haven metal.
    Could Brexit be the world's biggest break-up?
    Expand

Regis Resources gained 4.5 per cent, while Newcrest Mining climbed 1.4 per cent.

The local sharemarket has been steadily gaining ground since April after a dismal start to the year, but uncertainty over when the US Federal Reserve will raise rates and fears of a Brexit has escalated selling.

20. Dutchgreener

Dutchgreener Member

Dutch guy over here also.
    They would be really stupid if they stay.
    But, I have a small business and im and export to the UK will def. come to an end with the increased paperwork.