Who's in charge Analysis and Strategy at Perth Mint ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by silversearcher, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

So who is the new person in charge of "Analysis and Strategy " at Perth Mint ? Now that the previous person is Vice President of a blog site, and Company Secretary of another site of seemingly little importance. I'm sure the new person is just salivating to answer all those nagging questions about milk spots, die fatigue, scratched coins etc etc.... :lol: Although I've temporarily suspended all purchases of Perth Mint products until they pull their pants up, it would be negligent of them not to answer all these important questions for newbies and die hard fans. :p

2. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

I don't think they are replacing me and in any case that role did not have the brief (or the knowledge) to cover minting issues. Those are issues for perthmintbullion.com blog.

3. Porcello

Porcello New Member

I'm so glad that you left Perth Mint if you are now free to write posts like the Voldemort Effect. Thank you for that, I loved it!

4. bron.suchecki

Thanks Porcello, I was watching Harry Potter movie on TV a while back and then it hit me that I'd missed that they whole magical economy ran on physical gold. I may do a follow up when I get some time, quite busy at the moment working on non-commentary stuff, hence not doing many posts on Monetary Metals website.

5. silversearcher

That's funny, I had you pegged as a unallocated and derivatives guy ! Not a person interested in a magical economy run on physical gold. I only say that as your last comments and video for Perth Mint was all about unallocated holdings and their new derivatives program launched later this year. You've change your tune ! Now your no longer a pumper for The Perth mint you can be your own man.

6. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seems a bit harsh....

Where is the URL? I want to read about the magical economy running on gold.

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. Porcello

Porcello New Member

It's not only about that... It's about arbitrage between the magical world and the muggles' world.

And, most importantly, about this:

[​IMG]
    Source:xkcd

9. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Based on the way he writes and responds to comments Keith seems to be a very likeable, easygoing, and smart person. I'm sure you two will get well together. Looking forward for more brilliant posts disguised as jokes.

10. silversearcher

Not at all, now Bron doesn't have to toe the company line. He'll have far more freedom to express his ideas and viewpoints without the Perth Mint breathing down his neck and scrutinising everything he says or does. Bron should find that being in charge of his own affairs is far more enjoyable. And his readers and subscribers can now read his articles without any bias attached. Far better for both party's.

11. bron.suchecki

I'm guessing you have no idea what an insult that is, or you are trying to bait/troll me.

12. bron.suchecki

Yep, Keith doesn't take himself too seriously, even though we are working on a serious matter - to get gold circulating again.

13. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Wow! That's quite the mission! Good luck with that, I'm a supporter.

14. silversearcher

Pretty hard to troll someone on my own post Bron. I never asked you to pop in and comment, but you did. As for baiting, that's totally up to the individual to allow themselves to be hooked. As I said, you are your own man now. Perth Mint no longer has to be defended. Such as the latest 10 oz Kook being released all scratched up, you said it basically wasn't possible due to quality control. With so much happening with the output of so many shoddy coins, it would have been better that you never entered the fray for your own sake. I call a spade a spade in life, I don't brown nose or kiss ass in life ( not saying you are one ). I'm referring to those laid out their prayer mats and gave thanks on every word you posted. As for me, I would have preferred a PM representative saying it as it is, that there are some real problems within. Bron, there are a lot of upset people out there who paid hefty premiums on impaired bullion from the PM, and you seemed to be the scapegoat to lay the burden on. Honestly, I couldn't work for company that knowingly sells impaired goods and has no intention in rectifying it. That's why I operate my own business, so things are done right. I'm not sure how this sits with you ? Being aware of such issues while the consumer cops it in the neck ? I used to be a big fan of The Perth Mint, but those days are well and truly over. Like the other chap, I'm also glad that you left the Perth Mint. And I also find Keith Weiner a amicable bloke that you would love to have a beer with. Not too sure about his hair style though ( Not trying to insult him just saying it as it Bron, looks like a wig. If so, get him to ditch it. Better for business. No one takes guys with toupees seriously ). Putting that aside, he comes across as a smart guy, who has some insight into bullion. I wish you both the best with your future business endeavours.

15. SpacePete

I am really enjoying this thread :lol:

16. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I fear your sense of humour is similar to mine!

17. bron.suchecki

I think your misuderstanding silversearcher is that you thought that every post I made was somehow official, hence you make indignant responses like this http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-884794.html#p884794 while ignoring the disclaimer on my posts that they were personal. The "no way" was an initial reaction and not some official statement the Mint wasn't taking any responsibility and refuse to replace the coins. As I said after others commented http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-884481.html#p884481 I was suprised this stuff would get through.

Your comment that I'm my own man now is basically a comment that I have no integrity and would lie under instruction or of my own accord. If that is so then logically you shouldn't believe what I say now. The fact that you seem to think it is OK that I would "toe the company line" but now don't have to says a lot about your own eithics, or cynicism.

Everything I've said in either personal or official capacity I have believed. The Perth Mint exercised no editorial control over any of my personal or official writings - there was no "breathing down his neck and scrutinising everything he says or does" - I published everything under my own authority and without first checking with anyone else in the Mint. You may find that suprising, indeed some in the industry have said they were suprised at the freedom/latitude I had, but that is how it worked.

In retrospect it was a mistake to get involved in any discussions about coins. I don't buy them myself, never worked in that part of the Mint, had no responsbility over their production, was not in contact with dealers every day - should have told Ron Currie to find a spokesperson to deal with those posts rather then making the decision to step in and turning myself into a general spokesperson rather than sticking to investment topics.

18. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Hey Bron , I always enjoyed reading your posts here over the years and helpful insight. Keep it up ! Cheers Mate :D

19. SpacePete

It was not a mistake to get involved. That was welcomed. The mistake was in assuming anyone here is sane (except for me and SkyRocket that is) ;)

20. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Speaking of which... What do you hold? Now you can tell us. Only gold or 50% silver as per your analysis posted in the past?
    And in what form?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.