Lest we forget why we buy the shiny silver stuff...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, May 6, 2016.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

An oldie but goodie. The sweat equity that goes into this precious metal. And we can get it for a steal at 17.00. Now, cynics like dccpa thinks we may be able to get it for 0 - 10 dollars in the not too distant future. I beg to differ. :D. :D. Time will tell. :lol: :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFl8NLVo6ss[/youtube]

2. Sound Money

Sound Money Member

Thanks for posting, reinforces how truly precious these metals are. I've been lucky enough to visit a few gold mines in north QLD through my work and it's fascinating to see the operations. It's so labour intensive & the capital expenditure on plant is enormous.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Wow....I doubt such a mine can be profitable at today's low silver prices.

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

barsenault, did you watch the video? I watched the first three minutes of the video and the gentleman spoke about the industrial uses of silver. That industrial usage is what prevents silver from being used for circulating currency. IE silver is an industrial commodity. Right now, commodities are in an upswing. Is this move the start of a new commodity bull market? I don't think so, but who knows?

Did anyone see what Stanley Druckenmiller said at the latest conference? His advice was to get out of the (US) stock market. He also stated that his largest currency position was gold. Per his latest 13f filing, that is about 30% of his portfolio. Of course, he had 20% in his portfolio in one 2015 quarter and -0- the next quarter.

Me and Jim Rogers are still waiting on gold to drop below $1000 before we add to positions. Not sure if the failure of silver to hold $17.50 at Friday's close is significant or not. Considering gold's late afternoon move up, silver looked weak to me. But I am not charting right now and any observations are based upon watching the daily movements.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched the whole dang thing. I love this type of stuff. Especially when I understand what it takes to get it, move it, process it, and press it. It allows me to sleep like a baby at night, not worrying about whether a company is going BK or to the moon. Unlike the paper stuff, you hit a button, and presto, trillions are created. Yeah, that's going to work out really well in the end.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-06/zimbabwe-print-its-own-us-dollars-amid-severe-cash-shortage

Gold and silver are money TO ME. I take my paper money, and put it into hard money. I know many don't consider it money. That's fine. I do. And I'm happy where I'm putting my money.

If it goes to 1000, and silver to 10, you won't find me getting angry, and spewing all kinds of vitriolic language. I'm happy to get for these prices. I would be stoked. I would be happy. I would be celebrating. I only collect semi-numi coins, and those hold up really well, even if silver or gold tank to those levels.

As I said, I sleep like a baby at night, and I continue to add to my hard metal stack.

6. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

I don't know what's the actual cost of silver (from direct or indirect) but I know if gold decreased to $1000 USD, a lot of gold mine will stop operating.

7. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member