Silver Vs Gold

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by MetalSilver, Apr 8, 2016.

1. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

This is an interesting (quite simple) article that I found on Heartland Precious Metals Website, The Original Source is Silverseek.com, a leading website in this industry.

The Link to the Full Article is here : Silver Vs Gold: 2 Must See Charts

The Charts:
    [img=Total Gold vs Silver Eagle Sales 1986-2016]http://silvercompany.ca/image/2016_04/charts/Total-Gold-vs-Silver-Eagle-Sales-1986-2016-NEW.png[/img]
    [img=Total Gold vs Silver Eagle Sales Growth]http://silvercompany.ca/image/2016_04/charts/Total-Gold-vs-Silver-Eagle-Sales.NEW_.png[/img]
    Courtesy of SRSRocco

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Yes, US Mint has really let loose in recent years with the BU ASE's.

It's maybe not all that much a surprise about the trend in gold and silver Eagles considering that there's apparently no shortage of silver supply and the GSR is very high.

I'm thinking that 1986 ASE's are a good coin to get if looking to buy silver ASE's.

3. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

People sometimes forget that the US Mint make the ASE's on demand, so if there is a mass demand for them (that we are seeing now) then the mintages will skyrocket. if silver wasn't popular, then we would be seeing the same mintages like the 1996 for example. People are buying silver as we all know at a rate in which the mint had placed allocations on the ASE's ever since around July 2015.

4. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I think the point is that silver is being preferred as either an investment vehicle or as a money metal.

If there ever is a return to a gold standard (even if it's not the traditional one we think of), how silver will relate to it. I highly doubt we'll see a bi-metallic system, but it's got to be good for the white stuff. You can create scenarios where that's true, but when gold is money what exactly happens to silver will be interesting to see.

Silver will do just fine, but seeing that tells me that people (who could be wrong) think the GSR is wrong and silver is cheap, or perhaps that it's a better short term bet

5. Keith_A

Keith_A New Member

I think silver is more affordable than gold, sure it's not the only reason why silver is being sold in greater amounts..

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What if it's because the population is growing over those years, but wealth and disposable incomes aren't growing at the same rate? This might then increase demand for silver much faster than increased demand for gold simply because the pool of buyers able to afford silver is growing faster than the pool of buyers able to, and wanting to, buy gold. And maybe those who have enough disposable wealth to buy gold instead, in recent decades, have had far better places to utilise and grow their wealth than PMs, opportunities not available to others.