My perspective

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by euphoria, Mar 10, 2011.

1. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Currently at Perth airport waiting for the Redeye flight home and watching the news. Story on ABC24 about how inflation pressures in europe along with rising oil prices at the same time is going to cause problems and questions are being asked about monetary policy and raising rates to fight. It is as this point I realise how absolutely hopeless mainstream reporting is, even on a suppossedly 'reputable' source of the ABC.

Oil increasing IS the inflation due to the us federal reserve printing way way way too much money (WWWTMM) in order to finance gigantic deficits for Congress. They are the same freaking thing. On top of this they cannot raise rates due to the Huge freaking debt load (HFDL) they have and even small interest increases would end this illusionary day dream (IDD) we have been living in for the past 2 years.

All known for quite some time, but it really did just dawn on me how hopeless the media is, how it is being spun to the masses and how ominous this looks for the ext few years. On top of this story tonight, I saw a news.com article today how our RBA govenor Glen Stevens (Balding Mid life crisis poster boy) says that CHINA IS INCREASING INFLATION FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Honestly, this kind of shit is getting really old, really fast. What worries me is this kind of language is not going to go well for geopolitical tensions in the next few years as every countries government tries to find a scapegoat for the impending crisis that is looming. And the sheeple who have no job, their money wont buy squat will lap it up to feel vilified that it was outside their control and it was some outside force that bought this hell on them.

On a side note, do you think we have enough silver stackers to conquer Tasmania? seriously, we could hold that island and just stay cool and let the monumental shit fight play out away from us. If not tasmania, maybe a small pacific island. Other than that we could find that Mogambu Guru guy and hide out in his bunker.

:/

2. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Enjoy your flight. :D

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Lol. I agree. The media isn't designed to inform as much as placate and sell advertising space.

You look for the facts, form your own opinion and discard the rest.

4. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On a side note, do you think we have enough silver stackers to conquer Tasmania? seriously, we could hold that island and just stay cool and let the monumental shit fight play out away from us. If not tasmania, maybe a small pacific island. Other than that we could find that Mogambu Guru guy and hide out in his bunker.

How about Bruny Island or Flinders island?

5. Haggai 2:8

Haggai 2:8 Member

Yes, but onto more important news, what's the latest with Charlie Sheen?

Also, did you pick up anything at the Mint?

6. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Oh come now euphoria. It will all be ok. TV doesn't lie.

We just have to trust the smart people to work it all out. They've done it so far.

7. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I was going to say that someone has been reading the Mogambu's works (or however he spells his name). I was disappointed that you didn't sign off with
    "This investing stuff is easy. Wheeee!!!"

8. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

Yeah crasy man that Sheen! What about Fevola......I heard he tried to kill himself and was let down by the Brisbane Lions! I sure hope the Herald Sun has another 4 page spread about AFL issues.

9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

There's a town for sale in the Central Highlands of Tassie

http://www.robertsre.com.au/cgi-bin...e.cgi?propertyid=3173392&searchid=1&gid=23280

10. Forge

Forge Member

I'd suggest King over Flinders, but Bruny would probably do as well.

11. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. stepladder

stepladder New Member

http://www.one-heaven.org/home.asp. Maybe if we all did this then they would have something else to think about. The bankers have it all tied up cause we don't know everything and they want to keep it that way. It all about "commerce".

13. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

What help would believing in imaginary friends be? Oh, I know, we could pray that bankers become decent humans that show concern for the wider community, yep, that should work.

14. stepladder

stepladder New Member

Not quite sure what you meant by "imaginery friends" or saying prays. Perhaps this is more specific http://www.one-heaven.org/ecclesiastical_deed_poll/edp_slavery.htm , as from this it would seem one would not be able to "own" a town or a island (or anything!). Maybe we should be studying law and language and bringing back honour. Not running away and hiding somewhere...... though I do like the sound of the island in the Pacific. :) Anyway just some more thoughts. Take it or leave it. I have only just come across it myself. But it is the second place in the space of two weeks that I have come across people being monetized at birth and that that consent is given by the parents (unknowingly?). So if we all stopped consenting then the bankers could not monetize us. Right? :/

15. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Nar I didn't get time. Truth be told i didn't spend much time in Perth itself. Charlie Sheen is also in my closet. Winning