BGS - Birimian

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by VRS, Mar 19, 2013.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interested in your thoughts on this ado https://www.yumpu.com/fr/document/view/20423710/telecharger/23 it's the original sysmin survey with a lot more info than the orobel article. Orobel is a precious metals buy/sell service that publishes an article here and there on it's website, in french, not exactly an industry stalwart that is widely read.
    The intro to that piece is lifted from 2005 article and the rest comes from a 2007 DNMG report based on the sysmin surveys by the UN.

2. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Do you lads think this one is still a buy at today's price, or should I wait for a pullback to grab a position? Have some $$$ looking for a home, happy to take a calculated risk.

3. southerncross

You would want to get in before drilling is announced DBM, it will pop over 40c once that happens, and then if/when a huge new high grade lithium deposit in a low cost to mine country is announced it will fly, and then when a deal is made for the conservative $200 Million dollars it will pop some more.
    BGS has very little chance of going backwards from here. But as always DYOR, read some of the threads on HC and take a look at the link I posted above. Also look at PIO too, nice diverse Coy with good prospects as well.
    Lithium is the new boom.

4. Dabloodymess

Thank you for giving me your opinion on this BGS, I appreciate it. I am now pretty committed to buying some, have been reading up on it today and I feel confident I wont 'lose my shirt'.

I am a pretty much a novice with shares, with mostly ETF's and the like rather than individual stocks. This will be some play money, so no big deal if it doesn't perform as expected, although I hope it does :)

5. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm putting more into bgs at this price. Dko also

6. Silverstrat

Silverstrat Member

Still buying BGS and PIO, although luckily my averages are low, still think they are both almost foolproof even starting at current prices but prefer BGS so much potential .

7. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

You seem to imply that BGS is somehow cheap "at this price"?
    Up 800% in the last few months:
    [​IMG]

8. whereisado

whereisado Member

Hey Southern Cross, long time mate, hope all is well.

I know next to diddly about Lithium to be honest, I understand the formation of aplite and pegmatites within felsic magmatic systems, and why they concentrate certain alkali earth elements, and host REEs bearing minerals, its actually quite interesting and the physical dynamics has resulted in what we know as Continental Crust [if interested search he web for 1) Incompatible Elements, 2) Incompatible Elements and Pegmatite, 3) Incompatible Elements and Continental Crust]. When BGS acquired the ground had I to head to the brains trust to see what they had to say about it.

So Lithium economic and ore bearing systems are new to me as of recently, however I am of the general opinion that any metal that is mostly extracted from brine deposits have comparably low hard rock economic reserves. There is obviously much more work completed in this area of Mali then I first understood from BGSs wording in announcements. So its good the team knew where to start, but I will stand by my caution on this, there is still very little work completed by BGS and until we get that drill down into the ground we don't know whats there.

Seems like a pretty good shot that this drilling will come up trumps in the central zone, and a bonus the geometry looks fairly simple. We just hope that the Lithium bearing mineral(s) are pervasively strong throughout the pegmatite body. I have a feeling that if every inch of this rock has trace concentrations to high grade concentrations we will definitely be on the successful side of investing.

9. southerncross

In six months time today's price WILL be cheap, Take a look at market cap, registry size, volume and grade of both lithium and gold compared to peers.
    There is a very good reason the share price has risen as it has.

10. SilverDJ

But does it mean it will rise by the same order again?

11. Silverstrat

Silverstrat Member

400,000 ounces of near surface gold,shaping up to be a huge Lithium deposit ,hmmm plenty of room to move here.

12. southerncross

Who knows SilverDJ, it might do the same again in a few months or a couple of years. It might just double or triple from here. It might fall a couple of cents, that's the fun.

13. kramer

kramer Member

you can only lose 100% but you can gain more than 100% !

still a very small market cap.

14. SilverDJ

It might go back to 4 cents too, who knows.
    I have BGS and wish I had got in at 4 cents!

15. Dabloodymess

Well I grabbed some today. Of course it would be too much to expect it to repeat the kind of run it has already had, but it probably still has some juice left in it. We shall see.

16. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Don't think many would be surprised if this becomes a 3+ bagger from here in the next few months

17. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OK - Here's the simple scenario - simple enough for even me to understand.

If you look at the 400k oz surface gold in Massigui only say at USD$750/of cost of processing:

400k oz x USD$750 = USD$300,000,000.00 approx

400k oz x current price (USD$1281/oz) = USD$512,400,000.00 approx

Short term profit up for grabs, split between partners = USD$212,400,000.00 approx

That's just our gold alone - not including any of the Li spod ;)

So can you see now why the negotiations over a toll agreement at Morila and AGA's involvement are shall we say 'complicating' the situation so far?

This is why I think BGS pursuing the lithium (hard rock pegmatite at great grade) rather than hanging around for RG and AGA to make a move on the gold is actually a VERY good tactic on KJ's part.

Are we clear now? ;)

18. Silverstrat

Silverstrat Member

Very clear VRS, bought more this morning for the Missus, up 8% today, happy wife happy life.

19. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Personally I subscribe to the 'I couldn't give a fcuk if the wife's happy or not as long as I'm soon to be in Hanoi with $500k in my suitcase' school of thought...

Each to their own I guess.

VRS ;) x

20. southerncross

Hanoi ??? New's headline: Expat Aussie found drugged in Hotel room, suitcase missing. SC :) x