Snap Silver Up - This is when Weak and Impatient Hands Sell Down

Discussion in 'Silver' started by 1for1, Mar 7, 2016.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi Holdmetender.. yes its a case of profit taking, weather it be physical or paper silver or as i said in the full write up "stocks" .. its a psychological situation in any market where eg: a stock runs up, people then make a decision to be happy with their gains or decide to keep the money in and hope to make additional profits by doing so.. as some participants exit the market it will cap the price temporarily.. only once the sell side is stripped can the price fully run up.. i was using stackers as a micro example.. though it seems i should of been as generic as possible to avoid any ambiguity.. i was though discussing silver as this is my core knowledge and where i have gathered my anecdotal evidence!

regards

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dont overlook the production side

3. scrooged

scrooged New Member

From a buying perspective there seems to be a few bits n bobs sitting around a little longer than usual too I think.
    Few hands in pockets also maybe?

4. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Look like the sell phase has been exhausted. Not seeing much at spot action around here .. Let's now move on to higher highs again.. Should get some traction from newb participants as we move up and people take notice

5. James

James Member

Raising questions :
    1) Is the silver price ($US $AU etc) yet high enough to prompt reopening of silver mines (or opening new silver mines)?
    2) Are copper/zinc/lead prices high enough yet for those mines to raise production - for more byproduct silver ?
    These questions are hard to get evidence about. But, these questions are key to the silver production outlook.

6. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    With physical silver such a small portion of the total silver market, is the production of physical silver really relevant to price???

7. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

sell??? hell no!! I'm buying like a bull possessed at the mo, my physical stack has multiplied by 500% in the last 4 weeks alone, and will be racking some more come Thursday. Love having fiat available to drop the hammer when needed. Shiny, Shiny. My fingers on the trigger guys.

8. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

Where you bought from? Haven't seen you before, it might be cheaper to get some silver here.

9. BenKenobi

Peth Bullion Co, and various coin dealers private and shop fronts from here in Perth to NSW, don't want to say too much but am gearing for a huge home refining lot at the moment. I keep a fast hold on what goes on here on the forum, I don't say too much but I am always watching, my own private network has afforded me better prices to date than offered here, as typical, you make your coin on the buy. Cheers :p

10. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

Well, it sounds great! I did made some deals with local dealers and the prices were quite fair (even or lower than spot).

11. BenKenobi

A few of the smaller dealers that run private business do appreciate a regular customer, it really does pay in this game to have a close network, maintain professional relations and buy in bulk, everything I've bought in the last 4 weeks has been a good deal below spot, bulk help the business turnover and price helps my margins. Good luck all in your buying prospects, nice to see a few stackers in my local too.

12. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Is anybodys hair standing up on the back of their neck. Could the SGE really cause the big bullion bank boys to fold?

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

When spot goes higher, there tends to be better deals on semi-numi and numismatic silver products....that's the better play I think, as spot continues to rise.

14. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

If the Aussie dollar can rise against the US dollar for a while longer we will all have another opportunity to buy " cheap silver " before the big super financial collapse. Then we can buy flash cars and houses with a few kilos.

15. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

No....what it will prove is that peoples perception of paper gold, manipulation etc is flawed.
    What will be the reason if gold fails to rise dramatically with the SGE operating?

16. tolly_67

As somebody else has already stated about the SGE ....

"What the gold promoters fail to understand is that gold is merely being used as a mechanism to float the currency. This is a way that one can trade the currency via merely playing Shanghai against New York and London. This will have no impact on eliminating paper gold or some other nonsense. It is a step in the capitalization of China in preparation for it to become the next financial capital of the world economy."

17. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

What i mean is that the SGE is a physical market and is setting the price of phys. What that creates is a bidding war between the paper and phys. If the paper goes too far below the phys then an arbitrage is able to be exploited by buying CME selling SGE. All i am saying is that as soon as Shanghai announced their plan, the prices have gone crazy, look at the volatility . Is this it.?

18. tolly_67

Mere coincidence.
    As for a bidding war between paper and physical......I am sure if you read many of the previous posts of wrcmad you will begin to understand the misinformation regarding physical and paper. It is a simplistic argument that has been around for a long time. "Break the Comex" and other ideas have fallen flat. It is because those promoting the idea lack understanding.
    Gold and silver have risen, fallen and will rise and fall again. None of it will have anything to do with the difference between physical and paper.