BGS - Birimian

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by VRS, Mar 19, 2013.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, Yep, and Yep to the last three posters. Even my Ole M8 gold bug, horse and buggy riding, morse code using, anti lithium person did not see today coming.
    Just got to say thanks VRS for tipping me on this one, http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-37953-bgs-birimian-gold-page-1.html .

Been a bit of a bumpy ride along the way, but I for one have never faltered on the inevitable end result. I know you got your new shares along with a few others here as did I , Good luck to all us long term holders and here's hoping the gold story smashes it out of the park on top of the new lithium one.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I also want to thank VRS for bringing this company to my attention. I reshuffled my portfolio and added these guys last December (only a small position but I'm happy nonetheless)
    Cheers VRS

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's going to be a very interesting day ahead I think ;)

[​IMG]

4. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not a big stock market person, but took a little punt on this and am enjoying the ride.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. VRS

Announcement: Bougouni Lithium Project Update

HIGHLIGHTS
    New exploration areas granted at the Bougouni Lithium Project.

Project tenure expanded and combined into one large (250km2 ) title granted 100% to Birimian.

Detailed reconnaissance exploration program underway to follow up known lithium pegmatites and identify undiscovered lithium pegmatites within expanded project area.

Preparations well advanced for commencement of Reverse Circulation drilling and diamond drilling at Goulamina high grade, potential bulk tonnage lithium deposit.

Drilling to commence in early May.

$3 million rights issue fully underwritten by Merchant Corporate Finance Pty Ltd in progress.

6. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Damn.

Looks like i have missed the boat

7. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ain't seen nothing yet, Wait till they announce the size of the resource after drilling and exploring our 250km, the processing deal for the Gold and some new Li acquisitions in Mali. Today's price will be cheap as chook food then.

8. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Hotcopper newsletter from yesterday would've provided buying support and put this on peoples radar. The announcement today looks great... Not holding this one as funds are on other stocks. Well done to current holders, good to see people have a win.

9. markc

markc Member

I've come late to the party today @ 32 but I think its got lots left in it.

10. kramer

kramer Member

Only getting started markc

11. kramer

kramer Member

bit of a retrace at the moment. Expected with all the 6.2c capital raise shares going into accounts today. wasn't fully subscribed so the underwriter got a fair chunk. they should get churned through fairly quickly to continue on it's upward momentum. This will seriously be the best prospective lithium play to be in IMO. Great chance to take a position or increase if your holding already. Looking forward to drilling.

12. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A BIG THANK YOU................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. VRS

I'll take 10% ;)

14. whereisado

whereisado Member

Going to have a say, first of all VRS, i thank you.

[​IMG]
    Source: whereisado's brain imaginaries

I have followed BGS for 4 years since 2012, has been a full on roller coaster for me.

Conjecture Followers :

I did not make a very good call when the Lithium project was announced, used the trading patterns of BGS I believe I know to pull out some funds at a level, which for a week or two was the max reached. I stand by my decisions even though the following movements could have made me a wealthier man.

I am still a holder and benefited from the Rights Entitlement, which I withdraw at a very fine profit, against recommendations from a few top 20 holders, probably VRS and locals here may join that list. But I needed the money and it was a beautiful profit.

Right now at a strong close of trade for the week, I'd suggest the team are wanting to announce drilling. From my experience and given the current excitement, this announcement will skyrocket the SP (IMO). However, do remember that drilling turn around and final results will take 6-8 weeks at least. The SP may drop a little in this time as Day Traders leave with their monies.

My point is BGS has had similar pattern for the last 4 years, and every time the drilling starts the money rolls in, then results come, the excitement wanes and the SP drops even on very reasonable results. Seems though any reasonable Lithium figures may break my BGS pattern, but this is first pass for BGS, you can't expect bonanza straight away and if it hit, 75% luck or some very favourable geometries (point big drill here). Exploration takes time......!

Be careful with your strategy, this is a long term investment the savvy can make short term gains from. Approach 'averaging up' with caution.

2 cents worth...

15. VRS

I hope you didn't sell the majority of your stake though, and managed to get a decent number of extra shares at 6.2c in the credit raising recently - tempting to take a profit especially when they hit 36c last week. It's been a very long wait - I struggle with impatience when the wait's that long, especially when other parts of one's life are a constant battle - not the financial stuff I mean. Well, no, I do mean - like cash flowing a family of 5, paying the rent etc. If it's any comfort and reflective of my stockpicking talents in the last 10 years I've lost more than I've made on BGS, many times over, so for me this turnaround has been both a financial lifeline and a morale booster. When I got seriously ill due to stress, family & work a couple of years ago after starting a new job - then making national top sales - that was a difficult time and several times I got the Black Dog. That was down to doing one's best - and it still not being enough for everyone around you. So now, I have a few more choices and that translates to a bit of financial freedom. That's a good thing. Besides, being a millionaire is entirely overrated. I know. So on you go, use these opps as stepping stones to build a good financial base whilst you're young - and if you make some money out of this do diversify if you can - I certainly will when the opportunity with BGS arrives. Good drill results on the lithum side in May will kick this skywards - and the cream on the top would be that elusive & complex processing agreement for all that lovely gold at Massigui thru Morila. Then I hope we're looking at a sp at least that of PLS now, so 60c plus. Time will tell. ;)

16. whereisado

whereisado Member

Not yet, just the entitlements, the profit was good timing and very much needed.

We all have learning curves, I know know now better places with stability I should have directed my investments before diversity into punting. Initially and over the 4 years, I pulled out quite a bit and now looks like the larger % loss I always thought this would bring is back on even ground.

But my negativity toward exploration at the moment comes from personal vocational experiences, I do not trust these mining types anymore.

Kevin Joyce on the other hand seems to have his head very much in realism land, where actual success is the focus not "who can I ask for money so my pay cheque doesn't stop".

17. Silverstrat

Silverstrat Member

Not selling any myself , still accumulating and looking at a big fat green number each day brings a smile which is a big plus.Like you VRS, I also have kids and run a business so life isn't always rosey. BGS is a different animal now with plenty of the Lithium mob on board, those who waited for the retrace, well it didn't really happen, but this has a long long way to go.I don't think looking back over past patterns ,Whereisado, is worthwhile, this company has changed a lot.So many positives it's mind boggling.

18. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Yah.... The next two months will be a wild ride. We ain't seen nothing yet. Thanks to VRS and southerncross for leading me on this adventure

19. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

I first purchased in March 2013, after its 2011 heyday, at 2.5c - and averaged down as is it proceeded down; had a false dawn and sagged again - it's rather nice to see an upward move into profit. I applied for and received some extras on the CR - got a weird number so may get a refund; but them that don't ask don't get... :D

20. whereisado

whereisado Member

You might be right and the new mob on board seem keen, just like the mob that have been waiting to see green again since 2013?

Ask yourself, what do we have here?

Everyone has got all up and excited about another new acquisition for BGS with very little ground work completed by the company, a relative cheap purchase price and rustic field map even for BGS standards. The tonnage used in the bulk sampling is very ample for the predictions, however as felsic rocks are low in density that amount could only be 5-10 meters cubed out of the 700m strike and including up to 55m wide zones. From the map, it looks as if there was three sample sites along this strike, in the thickest part, and obviously the most highly concentrated observable spodumene compared to the outer reaches. As stated in (https://www.orobel.biz/info/afrique/orobel/rapport-dngm-service-mines-bamako-mali.html) the sample sites recorded 20-30% spodumene, perhaps there would have been bulk sampling at those outskirts as well, had it contained similar concentration of spodumene (one would think?).

In the initial, and following investors presentation the company announced:
    * The potential quantity and grade of this "Target" is conceptual in nature, and there has been insufficient exploration drilling to estimate a Mineral Resource.

* The initial Exploration Target at Goulamina is estimated in the range of 15Mt to 18Mt at grades between 1.8% and 2.2% Li20.

* No drilling has been undertaken on the Project area.

So essentially this is still a "conceptual target" figure from a study in 2008 by some regarded company and the WB something or rather.

And, from the initial announcement

* However there appears to have been no systematic reconnaissance exploration or drilling targeting lithium pegmatites within the Project area.

Whereisado says: However! from the web link above, an article from Dec 2015, which someone from Hotcopper translated from french states:

*On the basis of the chemical data obtained, which confirmed the results of the geological- mine evaluation on the ground, and the consequent identification of the most interesting pegmatitic bodies, sampling and geological mapping of the two most significant pegmatitic bodies of Goulamina and Blakala, located respectively 80 km to the west and 90 km to the ESE of the town of Bougouni. All the samples for the industrial analyses were sent to Europe.

So there wasn't a global interest in Lithium in Dec 2015? with a party to accept a $240,000 worth of value on this ground?

*Plus the usual statements, close to infrastructure and services, potential potential potential.

As for patterns, I didn't look that far back or in-depth, but as for Dankassa, which no significant work has been approached for sometime, then Massigui, which has been waning for sometime. Both were new acquisitions that came up a little short after the initial drill results, then KJ went to the Auger study and a fair few holders post early 2013 had no idea what that was even accomplishing. This all took time and the gains made and cost basis of holders started to look ugly, until then next lot of drilling was announced, and the price rose on excitement and depleted on results, repeatedly over 3 years.

I'm not selling, and I only go on rants (not one of my best efforts) to keep my mind in the game, but all I was trying to say was have a strategy, and don't dig a hole, because excitement gets dug quicker than holes.

From what I can see in a lot of words, but not that many figures and tables, the central thickest area of the pegmatite at has great potential, a nice linear structure to target, not too deep at 200ms. Hope this goes they way we want it.