FRAUD ALERT!! SCAMMER ALERT

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by jc888888888, Apr 20, 2016.

1. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

ALL MEMBERS ALERT: I shipped this bum coins to SHANGHAI CHINA THE TRANSACTION VALUE WAS $1890 ,I shipped the coins USPS express ,this bum signed for and received the coins! THEN he files a claim with paypal STATING that I shipped him an empty box .... as anyone who knows me knows I do not ship empty boxes ,This CREEP then backs up this statement with some phony police report from China and some other bullshit documents ... Paypal wont let me see them ....so they rule in favor of this Jerk .I am a paypal customer for more than 13 years with too numerous to mention high value transactions .My feedback on e bay is more than 1150 transactions 100% perfect record !! OK ,so now I appeal over the phone with paypal ..They tell me it is a cost of doing business .." I should have insured it " the problem with that statement is any carrier once they have signature that the recipient received it will tell you tough luck we delivered it !I don't care how much you insured it for. Any way I go on and on with paypal and they finally say "as your business partner we will eat half"!!! So i lose half the $1890 .. THIS IS THE JERKS EBAY HANDLE I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST IF YOU SELL ON E BAY YOU BLOCK HIM
    Listing info
    Page views: 45
    High bidder ID: xix_ka1 (11 feedback score: 11) 100% also here is his shipping address too
    Yuanyuan Chen
    #402 Room, No.19, 149, Pudong,
    Shanghai, China201204
    Shanghai 201204
    China

HE IS A THIEF!!

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't ship anything to China. End if story.

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Oh man, JC8888888, so sorry that you have to deal with this. That totally sucks. I'm not dealing with china either, unless I know them (thincat, lucky, Andy, etc..). No way. He is on eBay? We should buy something from him, and give him a bad reveiw. LOL. That sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

4. o-to

o-to Member

Sorry for you man :(

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

thanks guys lessoned learned

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is this fraud implicitly supported by PayPal?

8. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Its Not just China. A similar thing happened to me on a purchase from Belgium.
    I generally avoid ebay as a result now. Only buy low cost goods if at all.

9. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Certain countries doesn't have Official FedEx , UPS carrier services
    Please check. A third carrier party maybe involved.

Sending parcels to those countries are vulnerable

USPS = United State Postal Service is not UPS service...

10. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

Hi Mate,

It's really hard do say as I know some third party -transportation company's employer might scanned and took over the coins with empty box left.

Anyway, according to my experience, your delivered item would has figure of "weight" indicated in the document and also in each upload/transport stage. So......it really prove something if receiver saying "Empty"!

11. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Has happened to me twice over the years - not that much $ involved but it made me realise that you buy on eBay but don't sell :(

12. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

exactly that was what I was thinking. how do we know someone didn't take it before it got to this person?

although, maybe the guy was pissed JCCC, after all he did pay $189.00 per 1/10th of an ounce, and maybe realized that was overkill, and he decided, ah, heck, I'll just keep them, that westerner tried to rip me off. LOL. :)))

But in all seriousness, maybe the shipping company opened the package and stole the item?

13. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did u have photos showing the weight of the box? You know when u ship them at australia post, they fill out the weight and i normally take a photo of the box as proof

14. silverbait

silverbait Active Member Silver Stacker

another reason not to sell on ebay for me

15. ninteno

ninteno Member

Ebay seller market will be destroyed completey soon. Ebay.com forces sellers to use paypal and they can do whatever they want. I have done with them completly.
    I had auctions where i offerd to become paid with bitcoin. Ebay deleted my auctions.
    Also whenever it is possible to avaid paypal i do not use it to pay.

16. clubman

clubman Member

I can feel the pain for you, Paypal always favours the buyer. I stopped using it totally, instead, use stripe or something else.

17. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I wanted to write as some said before that stuff might be stolen.
    There is the case about stolen NORFED Euro coin (number around 40) somewhere in the "Silver coins" section.
    I know at least one PM company in EU that had problems with stealing so they change courier.

I once bought some stuff for my friend on fleaBay. It was supposedly from a guy in US, but few moments after I received purchase confirmation I got report that account was hijacked and auction was deleted. We received the stuff, but it was from China, and it didn't work.

So far I never shipped coins to other countries than EU or US, Canada. Always taking pictures of parcels, their weight and demanding confirmation of receiving to be sent back.

Really a pity.

18. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

This PAYPAL scam has been going on for years. Absolute BS on PAYPALS behalf. And yet, there is not a thing a seller can do about it. PAYPAL always backs the buyer when they say the parcel was empty. Of course you can never be sure that the contents were already stolen by a shifty posty or a customs officer. Even in Australia parcels seem to vanish into thin air. If you post on a Friday, most likely it ends up on the bottom of the pile in a warehouse with some stray dog pissing on it during the weekend . Meanwhile a dodgy postal employee is rifling through the parcels.