World heritage 4 temple of heaven Beijing Palace

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Dec 1, 2015.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you means the reserve side of the roof with dragon ball not original ?

Silver will not out so soon since the sponsor has not enough cashflow.

Even the brass has been delay for many months and they only mints the first batch of 300 pcs.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey Stark, I'm not following your line of thought. Can you clarify for me (sincere ask). I don't understand the '7th part.' I believe they will come out with a silver version, in time my friend, in time. And the last part I don't understand is 'collect smth that is finished,' what does this mean? Sorry for the dumb questions. :D

3. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

It was done before on Poland Mint The Temple of Heaven. Well, there are also gazillion of lunar coins and many other, not to mention there are quite a lot with The Great Wall. Still, I would probably buy this one every day over Poland Mint, if there will be silver one. Especially because of the size, which make it more cooler. And dragon seems bigger.:)

I'm not sure if I like obverse though, would need to see the whole video.

No worries, mister! :) I always appreciate(d) honesty. And as Bruce Lee used to say... Wise man can learn more from stupid questions, than stupid guy from wise answer. ;) :p And I believe there is nothing like a stupid question, unless sometimes when person feels would be better to bite the tongue. :)
    I was writing this very early in the morning before I needed to catch the train, so it seems I wasn't in the shape to produce better comparison, haha. :) I just wanted to say, and I'm probably (hope) too fast for saying this, but brass version came out quite late, and it's currently very questionable if there will be silver version. It more like seems to check if there is still interest in the series.
    As I said I'm quite disappointed because of this. I own only 1 medal so far, but this series looked one of the most promising, also helped to ignite my interest for MCC. It would be a little bit lame that after 3 amazing medals there suddenly won't be a new one, or only brass.

As for series that are finished - what I meant is series that won't continue any more. With new series it's always the risk that next coin/medal will be crap and then people loose interest in the series.
    Of course on the other hand if you start collecting series from beginning you can obtain pieces cheaper, and it's more like a serious, lifetime, hobby. :)

When e.g. Werewolf came out, I had quite some hope for the series, but then Dracula was quite shit. I doubt I will ever buy another one.

Just my few cents here. I'm curious though what will happen with this series, will even be a 5th one. It seems that even this mintage numbers can be risky.

4. barsenault

Great insight my friend Stark. I like the Bruce Lee comment, and how true in life that is, and we tend to forget those wise words, as we 'run' 100 mph to and fro. Thanks putting up with a little of stupidity. :))).

So, here's the deal, and maybe Andy...definitely, Andy will correct me if I'm wrong. LOL. I agree the world heritage series is nothing without the silver version. This series will die a slow death if they thing they can just mint the brass, and it will be a series that everyone is thrilled about. I think you are probably right though. The brass version may be a 'trial run' to see just how popular this piece is, and if it is, my WAG is that they will mint the silver version. I think some people forget just how amazing those silver version was. I need to do a video one day of all three silver pieces. It is one of my favorite series. The detail is out of this world.

who knows if there will be a 5th one. I think it is all depends on popularity of this new piece. I'm confident that this will not fail to disappoint. As we all know, pictures do our precious medal goods no justice.

I can't imagine them making a piece that isn't stellar. I think this one is better than the Sheyang.

by the way, I doubt they mint the 50...just my crazy speculation. Which means whoever has the silver version has these things in strong hands. A planned mintage of 100, but actual is 50...Wowza. That's low.

5. barsenault

I'm a bit surprised that no one has bought this from Andy at http://chinesemedals.com/products/world-heritage-series-1-beijing-imperial-palace-brass

These things were selling for 1400.00 a pop, before they went into strong hands.

Okay so this has a couple spots. Send it to NCS and see if they can fix it. No, I don't get a cut of the profit. I'm just calling it as it is. Under 900.00 bucks. That's a steal.

If I didn't already have a set, I'd buy it. And heck, I just may ask him for it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. andrewlee10

I will through u the light in next week. A bit lazy for weekend

7. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Yeah, do the vid! :D

The 1st two in silver from barsenault's original vid was really what got me hooked on these things. Those, and Shenyang Emei.

Sadly, I didn't jump on the WH Ag at the time due to budget. But now looking back, I probably should have moved around some things to try make it happen.

Still would love a nicely-graded Great Wall in Ag someday.

But, for those in the cheaper seats, everything in brass is still a pretty good compromise. :cool:

(As an aside, I think WH copper versions would have been interesting!)

Just not feeling #4. I'm sure it's nice & all in-hand, but ultimately not for me. I think it's the weakest of the four, IMO.

If they've got a great subject/design for #5, then a possibly-slow #4 shouldn't stop it. Not every piece in *any* series will appeal to everybody all the time.

Here's to #5!

8. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

I have the 300gram WH Great Wall NGC MS70 for sale. Only 3 in the world graded at MS70

9. Stark

I watched every video from Barsenault few times at least, if not more than 10. I was probably addicted to them. Level of details, high relief and everything. And your excitement, barsenault, when you got them. Pure drug.:)

At first Shenyang (I think) was my favorite. But overtime The Great Wall grew on me and I bought it. Wanted to buy Beijing palace, but just couldn't afford it. Now I'm trying to think twice and then buying rather than before, buying and then thinking. :) It's addiction, but I'm trying to keep it in control. Trying to save some crappy fiat money. Buying only what I really want.

Still as I said, would be nice to have them all in 69.

I'm with Gatito Bandito on this one. So far it didn't completely convince me. At least not so strong as the others 3. Need to see the video.

Let see what time will bring.

Andy did video of all 3 together:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPrkRnv1ox0[/youtube]

10. barsenault

Hey Stark. I'm with you my friend. I personally like the Great Wall the best. I do. The other 2 are okay. Beijing #2 fav. #4 is okay. But like you said, I'm basing it off pictures. I'm sure the real thing is good. We are talking Chinese medals after all. LOL. I'd be sure if it is less than stellar. I'm keeping 2 pieces for the treasure box. I really do hope the silver version comes out. I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't.

11. andrewlee10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We compare the photo side by side.

The western mints topics WAS TEMPLE OF HEAVEN.

The Eastern Mints topics is Beijing Palace 2.

The Architecture of temple of heaven is similar to the Beijing Palace. Temple of heaven is for the emperor to pray to heaven during important days. The emperor is a reflection of dragon in china culture so his administration palaces which is at Beijing Palace has the roof top of dragon which is similar to temple of heaven. However, it is totally different design in certain details. I am lazy do to the research and writing which you guy go and do it. I give you a tips. Temple of heaven roof top is curve in many layers which Beijing palace is NOT.

Please notes that this medal delay for super long due to sponsor lack of cash and focus on the online platform than this lean margin medal. The design and patterned medal has been done before the temple of heaven. This information is good enough for you to judge which is original.

Why they mints 250 for the brass in 1st batch? First, short of cash because get burn in the online platform. Second, it has been delay for long which the sponsor worry the followers has cold down and not buy as many as the first 3 lol. Noone want to jam cash and take high risk. seems like they make a right decision as many of you comment this is not as good as the first 3. However, I need to hold this and see it on my hand before commenting it.

12. andrewlee10

Barsenault has named the medal totally wrong. IT IS NOT TEMPLE OF HEAVEN IT IS BEIJING PALCE 2

The dragon decorative CEILING rooftop is built inside the flat building in the medal.

[​IMG]

Those 2 photos are the dragon ceiling of the emperor palaces. Each main building has diff design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temple of heaven dragon CEILING design is at curve rooftop temple as photo below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guys see the diff now?

13. andrewlee10

I am following you which all 69 is good. This the reason I put the 67 on sell. I still have one extra for Shenyang palace 69 since I am not able to make all 69.

I just keep one set 69 now. Those extra 67 Beijing palace and 69 Shenyang will on list to sell. However, I still struggle with the Shenyang because I like it most among the three.

14. barsenault

Yeah, come on Stark, it was a test for you to notice the difference. Thanks for keeping us honest Andy, and clarifying the correct work of architecture that this 4th medal is based on. :D. :D. :D

15. andrewlee10

Ag AG. I told the sponsor that I will order 15 pcs BUT they reject me since they need to mints 30 minimum. The cost will be higher if mint 30 pc only.

I am not rich enough to jam the cashflow so AG might need very long.

Brass is more welcoming in china. ag is more western countries. Poor Chinese in china with low income will buy brass, the rich chinese in china will buy gold and the western countries will prefer ag because income level higher than Chinese in china.

16. Stark

Hahahahahaha.:D Ah, that's why you named it wrong.:p

Yeah, I said prefer Chinese one over Poland as dragon looks bigger, but now I noticed many more differences. :) Maybe "Polish" dragon is still just a kid.:p

17. Gatito Bandito

It's obvious the design actually had potential at one point.

They should have listened to me from the other thread on this one a while back.. ;)

[​IMG]

18. Gatito Bandito

Sounds like they should have went with the lean margin, instead.. :D

19. Gatito Bandito

Poor Americans in the United States with low income (like me) also buy brass.. :lol:

In all seriousness, have you considered trying to form a "group buy"?

A lot of work for little reward, but if you got enough other people/customers together who didn't mind missing their cash for 6 months, you might be able to raise enough funds to get the project done.

Of course, that might also mean the principals of the effort could be sitting on a bunch of medals, with nobody to sell to for a while. :(

20. Gatito Bandito

Hey, Andrew.. Put me down for 3 of the colorized version, please.. The check is already in the mail, baby!
    \
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]