Gold and Silver may have turned the corner

Discussion in 'Silver' started by leon1998, Mar 19, 2016.

1. leon1998

leon1998 Member

At least, recent price action confirmed that gold and silver's breakout has been REAL. GLD has been adding physical gold massively; its holding passed 800 tons as of now.

Most recent weekly gold futures report showed that Market-makers started to close some short position at elevated price level. Apparently they're losing control and raising capital now.

Wow.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

2016 is the return of the precious metals bull market.

It could also very likely be the bursting of the stock market bubble.

3. Caneorange

Caneorange Member

What makes you think there is currently a stock market bubble?

I personally think there is still quite a bit of potential gain for the stock market.

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

I'm of the same opinion.
    Countless major stocks and many sectors have been hammered over recent time. The resources sector is at rock bottom, the banks are down 20% or more in the last year.

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You'll enjoy this guy if you're bullish.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRyTG7GglY[/youtube]

6. JulieW

7. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Julie, the dude in that video lost ALL his remaining credibility when he claimed the Saudis etc needed to get all the oil out and sold off before they "run out of customers" at the "end of the oil age"

The only way oil loses its value is if a new abundant energy source is developed (such as nuclear fusion), OR we are all dead. Nuclear fusion is still some way off, and if we're all dead then who is there to care that the oil price is zero.

Must say, it's one of the worst vids I've seen on here.

8. JulieW

He has a good stocks record. Agree he's an appalling presenter and his political calls are similarly off the mark, but i enjoy his views.

9. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Hi Folks.
    Just signed up after years of drifting in and out in lurker mode. I am a silver stacker since 2010 and have exceeded my first target. I am interested in starting a thread here that will analyze penny gold and silver stocks to ascertain blue sky potential. I intend to trade those that i select in a real account with a start up of say, $2000. Maybe 10 positions of $200. The goal is to turn these buy and hold positions in to $500,000 in two years max. I realize that sounds preposterous, however i am a veteran of the tech stock boom. If you think this is a worthwhile project let me know and we can get a thread happenin.
    I post over at TFMETALS REPORT a bit.

10. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are you a NYSE/TSX investor or an ASX investor? I'm interested in shooting the sh*t with anyone who has ideas for +50 baggers on the NYSE/TSX

Try this sub-forum

http://forums.silverstackers.com/forum-13-stocks-derivatives.html

11. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

I wont discriminate, i just have to make sure my broker is online with them There are numerous Canadian companies who fit in to my sights so i wuold be keen there. https://youtu.be/hu0kcB5gVL8

12. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I just don't see an abundance of good financial forecasts these days....the world economy actually seems somewhat teetering on abysmal. This coupled with past trends and what might be the most critical election year in the U.S. in my life could result in a significant downturn of the stock market.

14. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Broker question. In oz who allows US and Canada as well as aussie stock trading. Also need low initial funding requirements. ????

15. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I use Interactive Brokers for the majority of my share trading. They are US based but have exposure to most global stock markets. Requires an initial deposit of $10000 US

16. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

$500k your delusional.
    $500? Yes, within reach..

17. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I think institutionals/central planning parasites pushed gold silver prices up in order to make sure they can drive their prices down with the stock market crash to come. Would be weird to have a stock market crash without other things crashing too.
    What else lol?

18. Caneorange

Caneorange Member

I've never traded penny stocks because I can't logically come up with a good entry point. The logic may be flawed so would be curious to hear your or anyone's take on it.
    If a stock is trading for 0.01 with normal daily volume of 1 million shares. If I buy $5,000 worth that is 500,000 shares or half the daily volume. So, if demand is high price will rise during my purchasing and some of my buys will be at 0.02. Then the next day when the normal volume returns it will sink back to 0.01 and thus I will be down hoping for a 100% move to essentially break even.

19. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I traded penny stocks before I got into PM's back in the early 2000's. The key is to get in before the herd on any random stock. It really boils down to luck on these. I made several thousands $$$ on a handful of penny stocks I got very lucky on. Then I got cocky and started buying randomly and lost most of my gains. I got out just in time to catch the early bull moves in PMs, only later to lose some of that back over the past 4 years. :p

Penny stocks are great for the company owners to make $$$ selling their crappy shares, and sometimes good for speculators who get in before the email campaigns these things are famous for. All the companies I bought are now long gone. I didn't get into PM mining penny stocks though. I learned to watch volume on some of them and could sometimes tell when they were being aggressively bought up before email campaigns and such which would usually cause a double or higher move. It would seem the volume would be astronomically high but the price was not moving- I caught 2 good ones like that and made double and triple in less than a week. It is amazing how much profit you can make when a share costing .01 or .001 decides to start moving up. If you are wrong you have to bail fast or lose it all. That is a lesson I didn't learn back then.

Now ready for something to move up again.

Just my opinion.

Jim

20. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

There's no reason for gold/silver prices to move up again.
    Stockpiling causes price to rise.
    At some point ppl refuse to pay more, extra demand vanishes, price drops.
    At another point ppl sell stockpile, price drops until refusal to receive less.
    And that last point is then a decades lasting price stagnation, until another generation stupido's with shorter memories stumbles in to repeat the story.