HYPOTHETICAL AUCTION: 1kg PAMP SUISSE bullion - f2f BRIS

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Yippe-Ki-Ya, Mar 7, 2011.

1. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Well , we are in backwardation right now right .... so you actually pay more for it now then later (as opposed to the usual contango that most futures assets are in) So i guess having the privilege of having it now in your hands is worth some sort of premium. So id say about 1250. Reason being, i have found ABC to have these bars as the cheapest compared to anyone.

If you walk in now to ABC, they will ask you to pay 1200 + wait 2/3 months. So the privilege to have it now would be 1200 which is the cheapest i have found + a minium of 50 on top.

2. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Thanks Mate.

We went to a property Auction tonight...One property was passed in and all bidders refused to budge even in $500 increments to get "on the market" (why on earth did the auction start below the reserve might you ask? entertainment?) Anyway...The auctioneer says (insert drumroll)......:

"We will keep this one open because with all the keen interest and competition for this property I am sure a contract will be signed immediately after the auction...unless we can squeeze another $500 out of you sir?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA...So EVERYONE in the room saw that NO buyer was interested in paying any more for it and the auctioneer expects that they will magically offer MORE after the auction? SERIOUSLY? lol

All the bidders knew who was out and what each of them were willing to pay. The high-bidder knew that he didnt have to bid anymore and would probably negotiate a price lower than his bid (because the one below his bid was a vendor bid!)

And property sellers PAY these monkeys to do this?! :/

So...try this:

Hypothetically there are 100 bars available.

1.Bidders may submit 1 bid only on the price they will pay for each bar for immediate delivery.
    2.Preference is given to the bidder/s who submits the highest price per bar
    3.The winning bidder/s has/have an option to take delivery of up to a limit of only 100 x 1kg bars at their bid price per bar. If the highest price per bar selects less than the 100 bar limit, the next highest bidder has their order fulfilled and so on until the 100 bar inventory is exhausted.
    4.Each bid is entered on a contract for sale and is binding upon completion of the tender.
    5.All bids and volumes will be publicly declared after completion of the tender.

3. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Hello All,

I must admit that was offered to take up on the deal ( 1kg Perth mint + 1oz for a 1kg pamp + 1 coffee ) and i had to decline.

Reason - i dont have any 1 kg Perth mint bars :)

will look for completed listings for price differential on eBay and maybe report back.

4. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is the new design, its more rectangular. Its really nice. I like these more then perth mint bars.

I bid 1000, cause I have stopped buying after that price =D.

Slam

5. THUCYDIDES79

By the way,

This is a hypothetical auction focussing on the difference between 1kg Perth Mint bars and 1kg Pamps.

So if someone expects a correction coming and thus bid less, than your bid kinda doesnt help.
    If you have bought heaps last week and you dont have the cash and you bidding lower than true value, this bid also doesnt help.

If we had 10 Stackers who each have at least 10 1kg Pamp bars and also 10 other stacker who each have at least 10 1kg
    Perth Mint bars, than at what price in ( 1966 50 Cent pieces 0.34 oz silver each ) would they be exchanging their
    bars with eachother.

6. Turk

Turk Active Member

Hi Yippe-Ki-Ya

Theoretically I would bid up to $1,250 (right now) for a 1kg Pamp if I needed one. Or about $40/oz.

And if supply got any tighter I'd probably offer a further premium of around $2/oz - knowing that the price will follow me up pretty soon.

I'm pretty easy on price because I know that Silver is still so cheap right now that the current supply squeeze will soon create the overnight price pop that I have written about elsewhere; paying a $5 premium per ounce today is peanuts. People will one day laugh at how they agonized over the modest prices today.

I remember when gold was - umm - $35 per ounce...

7. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Have you noticed that this "auction" has turned negotiation with people giving lower prices and justification for it?

If there is a bid higher than yours then you simply can't buy it! Lol

8. THUCYDIDES79

Allrite, and how many 66 pieces would you ask for , if you were exchanging 1 kg Perth Mint bar?

Besides, the transaction has to have 1 pamp bar on one side and the perth mint bar on the other side.
    I believe that the perth mint bar would also be accompanied with at least 1 1966 piece.

the transaction of 1 kg pamp for 100 66 pieces, is a liquidity transaction, and we are focussing on the PAMP vs PERTH MINT 1 KG BARS

9. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

About $1225 seems fair to me.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

okay, so thus far it looks to as if the frontline bid is $1250 by Turk

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

4 hours 20 minutes to go...

tick tock ...

12. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

96 x 66ers for PM(1KG) and 100 x 66ers for Pamp(1KG) that is roughly a $40+ premium or an extra oz+ If I want real premium I would buy Numismatics, oh crap I do that also :) not so much anymore I may add.

13. THUCYDIDES79

This sounds about rightish.

Was thinking, if 1kg ( perth bar or pamp ) is exchanged for 100 66 pieces ( 1966 50 Cent is 0.34 oz & 1kg is 32.15 oz )

94.5 66 pieces have the same silver content as 1 kg silver bar
    the 66 pieces are 0.800 silver and the bar is 0.999
    however with the 66 pieces you have liquidity and you can sell 17 pieces if you want or are short of cash or something and with
    the 1kg bar you have to sell the whole bar.

Assuming 0.34 oz per coin with purity of 0.999 ( same as 1kg ) id reckon 94 of them to 1kg ( gotta make the big guy pay for his increased liquidity ).

and 1 perth mint bar + 3-4 50 Cent pieces = 1 kg pamp bar

14. f40

f40 Member

I just purchased 2 x PAMP 1kgs from a well known dealer on Friday with instant delivery. :)

15. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Was just thinking, given the expected times & $400 ozt that's a $13k fiat bar you got there. Five years anyone ?

16. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Thank you all for your comments and bids.

It would seem that the best offer is $1250 from pmstacker. (i believe Turk's offer of $1250 came after, so first bid belongs to pmstacker)

cheers!

18. digger

digger New Member

it depends what day or even time of the day you were serious about selling. from the past weeks price action 1200 would seem fair...oh wait, 1225, hang it make it 1275.

i have 15 of the suckers already so my bid wouldn't be as high as something with only 1 or 2. 1200 would be max for me right now.

hey i was bummed before chrissy when i paid over 900, now look at us!