I need Spot to hit 18.07 to Breakeven

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stack'n Oz's, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

lol.. I agree with you in most ways, especially this. But I do think that the ultra rich are taking advantage too of everyone below them. Both ends are taking advantage of the system. Its unfortunate that imbalance is a cultural thing. If poor leveled up and rich leveled down, not by having taken away from but by choice of not receiving $60million severance packages or $20 million yearly compensation and opting for $1-$5 million in relation to their other employees. Or People who claim to be poor but drive a benz/bmw and have sport multi-hundred dollar shoes/gadgets were more frugal kinda balance. It won't work by force via taxes and distribution, only by choice where it is a cultural shift, a different form of balance.

2. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Well Jim4silver - we don't agree, which is cool. My feelings are that if the poor in America get any poorer, and those people who you claim mismanage their meager incomes badly that they deny their responsibilities to you of yours by feeding their addictions and buying swag ... Well, lets just say they will not be buying them and paying tax on them any more lol.

Moreover, the war on the poor is real. Take abortions. Rich don't care if there are laws in one state or not. If they need an abortion - Oh look, Jenny took a vacation. How sweet. The poor are burdened with a child they can't afford.

Extrapolate a little and brother ... the war is real.

It's whatever. I'm not that invested - I just fear for my kids. Like I said, people don't want to hear it, but with the middle class dwindling (fact), America is reaching a dangerous point. Thank goodness for large government or there wouldn't be any middle class left in America!! I know, I know - sacrilege lol!!

3. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

I like where you are going with that. A lot! But that would necessitate education. No other way to go about it short of a huge propaganda effort which really is unAmerican... Sort of lol. Unfortunately we're pricing that out of reach too. Making student loans the next "bubble" they say even! Sigh. Another example on the war on the poor.

It will take a cultural shift. Particularly in DC me thinks lol.

4. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Stack'n Oz's,

I used to think like you back when I was a younger person, fresh out of college with a degree in Psychology (here in the US it is mandatory that you are a progressive lib to get a psych degree :D). In fact, at one point I thought the idea of a one world government was cool. Then, years later, I discovered things they don't teach at University (as they call it overseas). Perhaps that is why I disdain progressive libs so much is because I was one before and I see how wrong their platform is at its core (although most progressive libs are good at heart I believe- not those at the top though they are evil, think Soros, etc). There is always a legitimate sounding reason for what they do though so the ideas catch on until years later when you see them causing bad results. Why do you think Trump is doing so well today? Thankfully there are still some Americans left that remember the way things were only 20 years ago and before. We want it back.

I don't understand why people think the Government can save them? All the government should do is make laws that keep us safe from each other and from the government itself, and maintain certain infrastructure like police, fire, army, etc. There is no more they can do. I would bet you that if many of those you call "poor" were given $1 million today, most of them would be "poor" again in no time. So it is not lack of resources for these folks, it is lack of one or more of the following: will, drive, ambition, morals, etc, etc.

On the issue of student loans, we in the US have been taught that everyone needs to go to college- lest they be considered a loser, yet many don't have a clue what they want to do. I know several younger folks with college degrees working in jobs that don't require degrees because their degree is worthless in the working world. Many of those that go to college would be better off learning a trade instead of leaving with a worthless degree, like I did. My second degree was required for my occupation so I guess I can't say that was a waste.

Just my opinion.

Jim

5. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

I hear you Jim - really I do. I am the exact inverse of you though. When I was a kid, I was a communist who turned entrepreneur and then massively right leaning. As I mature, I still like to think of myself as a fiscal conservative, but more of a social democrat - for fiscal reasons (yes they can coincide - seriously!!). I have seen what supply side economics has done to America's heartland first hand, and I don't like it. Moreover, I have lived in other countries - some developing, others established, and seen what has worked and what hasn't worked. And yeah - I look at numbers. But I look in the aggregate. I generally take a macro view vs a micro, which probably has seen me become more and more of a statist in my older years. Which gives me a little room for pause myself lol!

Moreover, unlike you, I don't want America to go backwards like it was 20 or so years ago. Why!? The world will not follow us, and it'll corrupt the power we have. I want greatness for America but (in my mind) know that going backwards to get it is just that - backwards thinking. America bolstered and fostered free trade selling it as a great thing for all who could afford 401k's - unfortunately, many can't now...We built what we have now and need to clean up the mess.

I couldn't care less about degrees and agree trades need to be promoted, but the greatest benefit a University degree isn't that of getting a job - it's the ability to think and rationalize. That's truly American I figure.

Anyway - there is no question in my mind that you and I both want whats best for America. None what so ever - and in that, we are "comrades." It's how we get there and why, that'll always be a sticking point for us. But that's the thing about Democracy - no one is ever truly satisfied in a democracy!! Its the nature of the beast and ... and thank God!

Thanks Jim.

6. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Man this has turned into an odd thread lol.

7. Caneorange

Caneorange Member

Not sure how this is like a covered call option. In a covered call option you own the underlying stock and sell an option to generate income.

Here you are buying stock (physical silver) with borrowed money (leverage) and trying to sell stock (physical silver) for a profit.

But maybe I am missing something.

8. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well at least it's (apparently) making you laugh out loud every 5 seconds..

LOL!!!!!@!!!!!111!!!

9. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Wow - tough crowd.

10. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

You're right, its just using a call option. I buy at the current price and can sell or cover at anytime to exit. It's not the same there is more risk if it goes down, but I'd just have to sell for a loss which luckily hasn't happend. Obviously I'm not good at options! I always get that mixed up!

11. Killface

Good response :)

Anyway, I don't know why or if you need to break even. At least that's not (strictly) the way I think about 'my stack.' In fact, I don't even know exactly what I paid for everything so I will never know what my 'profit' or 'loss' is.

As mentioned above, if you want to trade physical metal with a minimum premium and max. exposure to spot price, unallocated or allocated is the way to go. Failing that, buying and selling here on SS will keep the spread to a minimum, but even then I tend to prefer buying from a local dealer thereby saving postage cost and the risk of loss in the mail. Living up the road from the Perth Mint is a plus though..

12. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Lot of poor people in America thats for sure, problem is they believe they are still part of the American dream which is now just that! a dream world Lol.

I love uSA but there are just too many poor people who for some strange reason think they are at least better off than those living any other country?

Something is drastically wrong or right in uSA depending on your bank balance!

Whats right is a circa 1990 dollar slice in St Marks NY is still a dollar today and filling out a complement form in an In & Out is followed by a gracious thank you from the server who brought your fast food burger and curly fries to your table for you! Vodka prices in Walmart and great cheap designer finds in Ross dress for less. :)

Oh I forgot PBR,best beer in the world and its almost free :) Live like a king on a couple a bucks a day! perhaps its a real dream after al.

13. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Are you kidding me - yeah! Living in proximity of Perth Mint would be awesome... uh, no lol, lol.

By Australian standards, I live just down the way from AMPEX (huge dealer here in the USA), but they don't have a retail outlet. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

14. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

There's an old saying, "You need to get out more." I think that applies to many Americans. Particularly the politicians! As a rule, per capita, American's don't travel nearly as much as other developed nations. It's really too bad. Listening to the rhetoric about what others think is going on around the world as this long prelude to elections is going on, is a little disappointing. The whole world is not out to get us as some might imply lol!

That said, when you look at all the things America geographically has to offer, American's have a great deal of reasons why traveling within their own boarders makes sense.

15. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

While I was living in the US, I was amazed by how many people hadn't even traveled outside of a 2 or 3 county area, let alone outside of their state.

I'm pretty doubtful about the claim that poor people are poor because of their own life choices. Sure, it's true for the middle class kid who doesn't bother to pursue the training necessary to get a decent job. On the other hand, if you're born to a low income family, in all likelihood, you're going to get your education at sub-par schools that will leave you poorly prepared for a post-secondary school education whether that be trade school or college. Sure, a few kids will jump up in socio-economic class, but the vast-majority won't in part because of a school funding system that gives schools with well-off kids lots of money and schools with poor kids only limited amounts of money.

The other problem is being someone who gets sick. The U.S. is a great country to get sick in if you have good health insurance. On the other hand, you're screwed in terms of both your health and your finances if you don't. Medical bankruptcies are one of the major causes of bankruptcy in the U.S.

16. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Well - it looks like the market is responding to my break even lol!!

17. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Your break even is my profit! I can't wait till you start profiting! :D

18. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Thanks! And yeah - me too!

19. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I have to agree with your last statement! Thats why as a tourist I love uSA! I could go every year and still not cover the diversity of both scenery and people.

20. Killface

Yeah the mint is a part of our history, not that I buy directly from there any more. The shop directly across the road is cheaper, for PM coins at least :) Doesn't have the same gravitas tho.

But you guys do alright in the US with ultra low premiums and free shipping being offered all over. And not just for metals, down here we drool over your online prices for everything. It's often cheaper to ship from the US to Oz (even for motorbike parts etc).. but a lot of vendors won't ship here which is frustrating as anything!