1 & 3 GRAM -2016 GOLD PANDAS

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Justfishin, Jan 22, 2016.

1. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

I think the 8g will do well over time. Lucky 8 and all . . .

2. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I travel to hong kong in february and going to china gold coin distribuitor. They only sell the complete gold set 1,3,8,15 and 30 grs in box (omp and empty capsules) and ask for the complete sheets of 1 gr and 3 grs. And the girl say its sold out for now but she think will resume the sell when the mint mint more.
    But i think 80 uss for 1 gr and 160 for 3 grs is a good price. If you buy complete sheets.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$113? Wow. If spot was at 1100 USD, that's only 7 USD over spot. Lucky you.

4. SilverSiren

To clarify . . . $113 was a sighting during pre-sale but at the time we had a year end holidaty credit card rewards offer for $20 back if you spend 50, so we went to two different dealers and bought 1g for just over $50 each (plus the 100 1g for about $45.50 each including shipping, that we just got the last batch of) by the time we went for the raw 3g they were $118 each and down to only a few in stock. 3g may be my "just right" size for pandas, but I still have to get the 8g to be sure LOL

5. SilverFox

SilverFox New Member

I have one 2016 1 gram Gold Panda if anyone is looking. Have not sold anything on here before, currently its listed on eBay but would sell to someone on here and save on fees and pass them onto you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ninteno

ninteno Member

Hey hey, 100 sheets - $10.000 - It was 10 Sheets to be correct

7. ninteno

ninteno Member

The private hoard some of you see or think they exist is for sure not that big outside of china market. I was into they game on the very very very early stage with the 1gr ( only preorder stage)
    Germany is a very big international markets for Pandas and MCC and the only guys were able to get full sheets in the beginning of distribution at the point of time when most dealers did not know about
    the new distribution changes with selling 57gr sets only.
    I did not had that much liquidity to pick them up in huge numbers but i was aware that some orders from dealers will never be filled because thay cant deliver.
    My goal was 50 pcs and my strategy was to split my orders to some dealers to get the numbers i was willing to buy.
    The big surprise in the end was that the most of them is was getting my fingers on did not come out of germany, it got them from finnland.
    In the end i did not reach my goal because of canceled orders and because i was not willing to overshot in the end as i was not able to know which order will be filled and which not.
    I could not finish my goal because at the point of time cancels came in the price alread close to$60 which was too much in my opinion.

To be clear, today you can still get your fingers on sheets but you have to pay around $100+. Some dealers make promotions with limited 2-3pcs sales to get new customers.
    If you want to have sheets, you have to pay - no question.
    I do not think this will change long term, even if there will be a for sure limited new supply out of china.

8. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I sold 20 pcs in 2 days at 83 USD.

I keep 10 pcs. :D

9. andrewlee10

China Gold copr change the strategy to sell distributors in set instead of sheet for each size. So some seller charge you more by selling the 1 g and 3 g because they need to break the set.:p

10. andrewlee10

I have it in sheet and sell lower than 100+ BUT shipping to overseas is killer of the deal even buyer assume risk. If he pay paypal still a problem of the fee. so I only sell at Singapore. Even is much cheaper BUT they still negotiate with you. Otherwise I have sold more than 100 pcs

11. ninteno

ninteno Member

Andy, it clear potential buyers are not happy with the prices and want to wait what happens next.
    IMO they will be dissapointed and getting more frustratet the longer they are waiting and nothing in their favour happens.
    I do not know much about the Singapore Market / Dealers but a quick search the 5-6 easy to find singapore online tells me they have no stock, and that has a reason.

12. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

There are other factors at play too:
    1. Many people who bought sheets do not plan on selling soon; definitely not in 2016. So their coins will not play any role in bringing down today's prices when they eventually hit the market in future.
    2. People who have bought from the original buyers/sellers and/or resellers cannot make much profit at today's prices despite those prices already being high. So they will wait until the prices rise further.
    3. People who buy one coin at a time (collector/end user) are not likely to sell. Even if they sell it will be at a higher price.
    4. Gold spot price is rising (I think) so the price of coins will rise in tandem.
    5. At some point serious collectors/investors will start asking which is best; buying 2016 3g MS70 at $250 or buying some (but not all) pre-2010 1/10oz MS69 at about the same amount+/-.
    6. The Chinese Mints are aware of the market situation and may not mint fully if they make more money and their (bullion) coins have more numismatic potential due to coin scarcity.
    7. There is excellent international communication now so everyone one is aware of price trends all over the world and I am sure each person is waiting for who will blink first!

These are all interesting!

13. andrewlee10

as at now, no Singapore dealers are selling 1 g gold panda.

They also not selling 1/20 gold panda.

I import from china directly for sell.

I hold wait and see attitude at early time BUT I get in some for sell when price g higher. Just make so pocket money for dinners with small quantity.

14. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

It's not disappointing. There are plenty of people with sheets. When they want to sell they will sell. No one needs to sell now since they bought at a low price and replacement cost is high. If/when hype dies down, price will go down and if not, then cool. There is a lot of them on ebay now and the prices are coming down a bit as they've hit a price ceiling. I've sold a bunch at $85/ea. to acquire other promising pieces.

15. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

I wonder in the 30gm silver pandas will follow suit....

16. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. SilverSiren

As predicted, a lot more have hit the market this week, looks like orders to dealers are coming in monthly. I'm guessing the 1g will ultimately stay around $65 each until the 2016s come out, they're available in multiple places now (3g and 1g) and I doubt they'll sell fast at this point, although I'm sure the collectors will continue to go for theirs.

18. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Yep.. these will probably continue to die down a bit now that the hype has passed over for the entire panda market. It seems too overly inflated compared to spot right now.

19. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

$65 for the 1/20 oz and $130 for the 1/10 oz gold pandas at our shop here in louisiana.

20. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

What years do you have in the 1/20