Seller using my photo on eBay - should I let it slide?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by mmissinglink, Jan 23, 2016.

1. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

I had a buyer who resold the coin he bought from me with my pictures and with my logo on it.
    Reported it but nothing happenned.
    The BIN price was too high so they lot was listed for several months and may be still on.

2. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I've had this happen before. If it is an item that is new and I am selling several I ask the buyer to please remove it because I do not want their item competing with mine. In most cases they thought I took it from amazon or something in the first place so it's fair game. If they are selling something used they really should be getting their own photos. If it is a photo from an item I will probably never sell again it does not bother me.

When I am in a listing hurry I often take information from other completed listings and borrow a product photo from another website. I have not used others Ebay photos unless it was an item I purchased from a buyer and was reselling straight away.

3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet New Member

I assume you got permission to use the GoldenEye photo for your avatar ;-)

4. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They let me off because I wasn't profiting? :)

5. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Do you think the seller might be trying to defraud people, e.g. sell fakes? If not, drop it, or E-mail the seller and say what he is doing isn't very nice.

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had this happen years ago. I paid for professional photos for a product I was selling a lot of. Ebay didn't care, and even suggested the photo wasn't mine to begin with.

I paid for professional photos. From now on even with hobby photos on ebay, I always use a watermark.

7. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

that would be my least concern in my life...once you put it on the internet anyone can use it...you know google right ? :p

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I don't doubt the rounds are genuine. I just wondered if there'd be any regrets I'd have later months/years down the road) if I didn't address the issue now.

But I did decide to let it go.....it's just that, like I mentioned previously, the seller has the gall to put their logo on someone else's (my) picture. I think if it weren't for that dick move by the seller, I'd not even have bothered raising the concern here.

Thanks for your feedback. I am dropping it....not worth my energy. In the future, I will put a watermark on any photos of mine that I think are worth the effort.