Dick Smith attempts at continual sales but not honouring previous ones

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by switchtronics, Jan 17, 2016.

1. switchtronics

switchtronics Active Member

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/3949_img-20160117-wa0001.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

It appears they are attempting to buy back business by offering cash back guarantee. I would suggest honoring staff member entitlements, customer deposits and gift cards would be a considerably better way to improve goodwill.

The receivors have appointed a new ceo in a time when customers are so significantly disadvantaged.

2. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to play devils advocate but the receivers dont give a flying f@%^ about what is moral, refunding gift cards, deposits etc...
    They are focussing on milking what they can whilst reestablishing the brand name to make a sale further down the road more lucrative.

3. ToDaMoon

ToDaMoon Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't think customers now give a flying f^&% about Dick Smith. It is not worth reviving a name that has now been pulled through the mud. Take over and rebadge the store something else coz the Dick Smith name BASED on what the administrators did is now worth nought!

Honestly administrators / receivers care about very little, OTHER than the fact that they will always make money no matter how they act.

4. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was in a Westfield shopping center today and walked past Dick Smiths and JB HIFI. Dicks Smiths had hardly anyone in there while JB was packed.

I don't' see why they would bother to keep that joke of a store open. They had massive sale signs plastered all over the store, yet bugger all was on sale.

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

JB-HIFI does so well because they stock heaps of music and movies.

So surely they make a few extra dollars in this market compared to Dick Smith having no music/movies at all???

6. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Dick Smith are no longer honoring their warranties for stock previously sold through them - and just referring customers back to the original manufacturer. Didnt think that was permissible under Australian Consumer Law but no doubt there is some caveat there.

7. switchtronics

switchtronics Active Member

Most certainly they only care about themselves, so I thought Id post to help ourselves :p

Reestablishing a rubbished brand name will hardly assist in a capitalist adventure when there is no goodwill to on sell

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yep i was in a store a couple of days ago . I went in thinking there would be some bargains but i talked to the saleslady & she told me they cant do deals on anything except the marked specials until further notice . Dumb fkn thing to do you would think they would do deals on anything to up the turnover .any profit is good profit