Gold and Silver Stackers Keep the Faith!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silverbullion, Dec 31, 2015.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The loudest voices are often the saddest losers with the most spare time to complain about it. Horrible combo. All that happens here is that the mood is pulled with tide of the charts. Come back at $30 and watch the sun come out. Until then, feel the tug as desperate souls try to bring us down to their level. It's no different to stocks, relationships, new hobbies. Driving a car through the rear-view doesn't prepare you for anything.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't even know why some of you guys need to say things like keep the faith. :/ :rolleyes:

Seems like some of you are in a majority that only buy low cost silver rounds or bars or are not keeping track of the currency exchange rates.

Often I hear folk talk of more ounces is the way to go but is it?

Try to diversify so that you have world known coins like Perth's popular lunar series in addition to your silver bars etc.

Go to the sold section on ebay, make a spread sheet to find the average price of Perth's 1/2oz, 2oz, 5oz, 10oz and Kilo coins from 2008 - 2014 I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Keep the faith!!!

You betcha, but keep the faith by diversification and selective buying. (Cheapest is not always the way to go) Popularity, collectability and well known coins are. :)

3. Bigfella

Bigfella Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I validate your view but I have just read the death of Money and if we/when the fiat world collapses and we need to instil faith back into the paper fiat it will need to be backed by Gold etc.
    When that happens Gold is Gold and its rareness and collitabilaty will not add value as it will be back to its worth by weight.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ not to forget silvers worth ;)

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ok...1oz Gold lunars then :D

6. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Faith?
    It has little to do with faith, an error is an error, and gets only corrected by better decisions / timing / price targeting.
    It is said that a good decision maker acts as soon as a trend turns against him.
    The biggest error is made by:
    1) people that are reluctant to take a small loss near the price peak after an uptrend.
    2) people that are willing to take the biggest loss near the price bottom after a downtrend.
    Persistence sometimes punishes. Sometimes rewards. Not faith, but understanding of reasons behind price trends.

7. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Yes, faith, but not of the kind you're assuming. I make the following abundantly clear in the article, to anyone who actually take the time to read and then choose to comment here: I am course not proclaiming "keep the faith!" in a religious sense, but simply in the sense of staying on course and doing what needs to be done.

What error? To see it as insurance? Personally I don't see it as an investment. There are way better forms of investment out there.

8. Stevo

Stevo Member

Silver is called the Devil's metal for a reason; it's volatile and can make or break people overnight! So forget faith, ride with the Devil...

9. Pirocco

What in my post indicates a religious sense?
    The word "faith" applied to made decisions. The choices made. Choices can have been just wrong, and repeating them can increase the error.
    With "error" simply buying whatever at temporary increased prices. What else?
    And of course it's not an "investment". A dead metal that gets just bought, stockpiled and sold as it was, has nothing to do with "investing".
    "Staying on a course", is a nothingsayer. It's not repeating decisions that brings green, but better decisions.

10. Pirocco

It's not the metal, it's just that the specific market is more visited by less aware people that suit better in serving as milk cows for some others.

11. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Ok, so to be in the clear, by previously stating "Faith?," you questioned the choices and/or decisions made? In other words, you went as far as to claim that "It has little to do with faith [the choices and/or decisions made], an error is an error, and gets only corrected by better decisions / timing / price targeting." It doesn't make sense to me at all, except if you made reference to "faith" in the religious sense of the word. It is about you indirectly accusing me of making a religion out of it, by assuming I used the word "faith" in a religious sense. That's the point.

It is not about "simply buying whatever at temporary increased prices," but buying silver of one's choosing via a strategy that involves dollar cost averaging for one (assuming one doesn't have the time nor knowledge to chase the highs and lows accurately). I thought I have made that much clear in the article.

Why did you make reference to "people that are reluctant to take a small loss near the price peak after an uptrend" and "people that are willing to take the biggest loss near the price bottom after a downtrend" being the "biggest error," if you don't see silver ownership as an investment? If silver ownership is seen as insurance and I have to buy insurance at the prevailing market price (or utilize it), then it is certainly not an error to do so. It could only be true if I see silver ownership as an investment.

"Staying on course," to be exact, is not a "nothingsayer," an attempt to place "better decisions" on the table or to see how much "green" I can make in profit. If that was the idea, I would have used words such as "improved strategy" or something along those lines. No, staying on course is a call to keep doing what most silver stackers have been doing in terms of buying silver despite the opposition faced.

If it was the case of me seeing silver ownership as an investment, then I would have strongly advocated that folks buy low and sell high and bring "better decisions / timing / price targeting" into the equation... or chase the "green" for that matter.

In the context of what I've stated, your criticisms are baseless as far as I am concerned.

12. windmill2

windmill2 Member Silver Stacker

Speaking of faith and wealth, this is from a series of articles entitled , Gold and money.

qte "Discipline-of-Gold

In economic affairs, gold acts as a stern disciplinarian and a cruel taskmaster to the folly of governments. Benjamin M. Anderson in his Economics and the Public Welfare commented on this aspect of gold in his financial history of the United States calling it "an unimaginative taskmaster." In the chapter "The Tyranny of Gold," Anderson describes this taskmaster function of the yellow metal in an older age, when money was judged not on faith, but on the dependability of exchanging it for gold. For, faith that paper money itself was of any lasting value would have struck our antecedents as patently absurd and in a deeper sense, immoral. Anderson argued that the essence of money was gold and irredeemable paper was not part of it.Gold Bars

"Gold needs no endorsement. It can be tested with scales and acids. The recipient of gold does not have to trust the government stamp upon it, if he does not trust the government that stamped it. No act of faith is called for when gold is used in payments, and no compulsion is required." End quote.

To my mind true faith and true wealth are intrinsically connected.

The last couple of posts made me look up the biblical story of Jesus being put on the spot re paying taxes and worshipping ceaser,

Searched in google and came across this site and what I call a good thought provoking article thats reasonably inclusive for God fearing people, imo.

https://theshalomcenter.org/content/god-caesar-image-coin :)

Here's a song re money if interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSsmvdqDFuE

13. SwissSilverstar

SwissSilverstar New Member

As a stacker I rely on a BROAD VARIETY of factors, e.g.:
    Observing the different (commodities) MARKETS,
    COMMON SENSE,
    analyzing and combining the present GEOPOLITICAL, economic and environmental processes,
    MASS MEDIA,
    PUBLIC OPINION
    COMPLOT THEORISTS views etc. etc. and...
    last but not least,
    GUT FEELING after taking in account the mentionned factors.

Keep on stacking,

Danny

14. windmill2

windmill2 Member Silver Stacker

Keep the faith, we arent the goodies, nor are the rest of the world the baddies, we all posses human nature and need ongoing forgiveness and help, ha ha, for stacking up too much silver? who knows,maybe this scripture is a balancer,,
    luke 12

16 And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

18 "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry."'

20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

21 "This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God."
    New International Version (NIV)

15. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

2016 - Year of the Bull's return for silver and gold!

16. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Yep!

17. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I feel like Bon Jovi now.

Anyway, it is good advice given the growing corruption permeating all aspects of the world's political and economic systems.

18. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your statement fills me with trepidation.

19. Stack'n Oz's

Stack'n Oz's New Member

Bah ... I have no faith of any kind. Moreover, I am not convinced that the dollar is going to go to pot, or that a better store of wealth wouldn't be ammunition if it were to. Heck, every time I buy silver, physical bullion, I lose money. Maybe, just maybe one day spot will go up enough to cover all the premiums I paid to get all those lovely bars ... But I like the smaller bars with the higher premiums, so spot's going to have to go considerably up before I recoup let alone make any kind of gain. And even then, will I sell?

I really have no real idea why I am stacking other than - I just like it. lol.

It's not a religion for me - but it is a bit of an addiction.